Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 07 2010
By: xile44 Wastelander 787 posts

Second Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack Coming This Fall

8 replies 16 views Edited May 7, 2010

Activision has given a release window for the next map pack for MW2. 

COO Thomas Tippl confirmed on today's financial call that the pack will be released in the back half of calendar 2010. Tippl provided no additional details, only adding that the pack is currently in development by IW. 

Earlier in the call, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick stated the 'Call of Duty' series has sold 17 million map packs total on Xbox Live. He also said there has been over 1.75 billion hours worth of Call of Duty multiplayer games on Xbox Live. 

The first map pack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 saw sales reach over one million downloads on Xbox Live in the first 24 hours.

IGN.com ,I could care less.

Message 1 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9372 posts

Re: Second Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack Coming This Fall

May 7, 2010

I'm definitely not buying it

Message 2 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

May 7, 2010

And I don't care, since $15 map packs are outragous.

Message 3 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
602 posts

May 7, 2010

me getting this ( by gamesharing ofcourse ) depends if killzone 3 is close or if medal of honor is good or even resistance 3 or infamous 2.

Message 4 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
753 posts

May 7, 2010

xile44 wrote:

Activision has given a release window for the next map pack for MW2. 

COO Thomas Tippl confirmed on today's financial call that the pack will be released in the back half of calendar 2010. Tippl provided no additional details, only adding that the pack is currently in development by IW. 

Earlier in the call, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick stated the 'Call of Duty' series has sold 17 million map packs total on Xbox Live. He also said there has been over 1.75 billion hours worth of Call of Duty multiplayer games on Xbox Live. 

The first map pack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 saw sales reach over one million downloads on Xbox Live in the first 24 hours.

Article continued on to say:

As has been our tradition at IW, the new map pack will be released for $10 more than the last map pack and have twice the lag.  Additionally, users of the Playstation will have the benefit of waiting an extra 45 days after XBox users.  Further, to satisfy all users and continue the tradition of limiting the gameplay, for the first 30 days the new map packs can only be used in certain gameplay- in the case of the second map pack DLC we will focus on only boosting.  No more of that boring TDM, S&D or Domination.  All boosting. 

All fair and standard weaponry will be deactivated leaving only the fan favorites:  Grenade Launchers, Rocket Launchers and a boosted up UMP with 50 caliber bullets capable of penetrating anything on the map.  Enjoy!

Message 5 of 9 (16 Views)
First Son
11 posts

May 7, 2010

probably be 5 maps rehashed from MW1 so they dont have to do eff all and continue reaping in millions and letting us suffer on piss poor servers

Message 6 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

May 7, 2010

I'll buy it, but it should come out in the summer.

Message 7 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

May 8, 2010

I'll buy it, because that's what I do but....waste since Black Ops will be out.

Message 8 of 9 (16 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

May 8, 2010

RotoGod wrote:

I'll buy it, because that's what I do but....waste since Black Ops will be out.

ha that's what i do too.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 9 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes