Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 08/29/2009
Offline
624 posts
 

Re: The ability to knife needs to be removed.

Aug 21, 2010

 


leukoplast wrote:

Randoml0ler wrote:

 


leukoplast wrote:
Now I am not just talking about the commando noobs with no skill, I am talkign about ANY type of knifing. Knifing in this game has gotten way of of control. It promotes reckless run-n-gun behavior and involves ZERO skill and 100% luck. All that matters with knifing is if you are in the right position at the right time.

Knifing worked in COD4 because you couldn't just run across the entire map in 2 seconds to kill the entire enemy team by knifing them. You had to rely on teamwork and skill to get near the enemies. Plus I really can't remember that COD4 had such a 'automated' lunge as much as MW2. There was no knife homing device which drew you towards your enemy, you had to literally be right on top of them in order for the knife to work. Basically, you had to 'aim' with the knife. In MW2 even without commando you can still lunge across half the map to get a knife kill.

If this game is going to be treated like a arcade style game (I'm talking to you run-n-gunners) then there should be no easy one-hit-kill knifing. At the bare minimum knifing should require at LEAST 2 hits to kill somebody with no tactical knife speed advantage and no homing device built into the knife. You shouldn't be able to just look in somebody's general direction, knife and get a kill. You should be forced to use skill and talent to get that knife kill.

 

All you do on this forum is complain. You make threads that you think will get lots of Kudo's and that is it. It's nearly as bad as trolling.

If you hate the game so much, go play something else! I'm sure that I'm not the only one who's getting pissed of at all you people that cannot just enjoy a game. All games have faults, and agreed, MW2 has quite a few, but you don't have to make a post about EVERY SINGLE ONE.

It-gets-boring.

 

 


I don't make posts to get kudos, I make them because I feel passionately about whatever subject I am referencing to. Also by now you should have noticed that MOST of the community is against all my ideas, and my posts usually get the lowest amount of kudos and those that disagree with me get the majority of them.

Also if you don;t like my posts, then don't read them. Nobody is forcing you to click one of my threads. I make my titles clear enough that is is going to be a complaint/rant thread, so you should have already known better not to click them.

 

So, if most people are against your ideas, why put them here?

 

True, I'm not forced to click them. But these "rants" clutter up the boards, and shunts other topics that actually deserve some attention, from the first page. It shunts topics that most community members really should see onto the second page, which no one ever goes on, causing the good posts to be forgotten.

 

 

My best game achievement? Probably 10th 65 on CoD W@W.


Get your Portable ID!

Check out my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/FunkyBarnes
Please use plain text.
Message 161 of 198 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 12/03/2004
Offline
12345 posts
 

Re: The ability to knife needs to be removed.

Aug 21, 2010

Randoml0ler wrote:

 

So, if most people are against your ideas, why put them here?

 

True, I'm not forced to click them. But these "rants" clutter up the boards, and shunts other topics that actually deserve some attention, from the first page. It shunts topics that most community members really should see onto the second page, which no one ever goes on, causing the good posts to be forgotten.

 

 


So your saying we should only do things that everybody approves of? Often the most rewarding things in life are those that are most difficult. if everything was easy and no resistance given, then life would be utterly boring and nobody would accomplish anything.

To give a example, look at some famous people in history. People like Thomas Edison and many other inventors. They were often laughed at and mocked by their peers for the 'outrageous' ideas they proposed. Yet look at what they accomplished... nobody is laughing now are they? It is simply human nature for people to fear and hate what they do not understand.

I post the things I do because it is a challenge to try and get people to see things how I see them. And I can only hope someday it will make a difference (however minuscule that is).

About the rant/complaint threads and you replying to them. You do realize that by posting in a thread that you deem unworthy, you bump it to the top of the thread list and it gets more exposure. Whereas if you didn't reply to it, it would have slowly made it way down the the bottom... out of sight and out of mind.
Please use plain text.
Message 162 of 198 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/29/2009
Offline
624 posts
 

Re: The ability to knife needs to be removed.

Aug 21, 2010

 


leukoplast wrote:

Randoml0ler wrote:

 

So, if most people are against your ideas, why put them here?

 

True, I'm not forced to click them. But these "rants" clutter up the boards, and shunts other topics that actually deserve some attention, from the first page. It shunts topics that most community members really should see onto the second page, which no one ever goes on, causing the good posts to be forgotten.

 

 


So your saying we should only do things that everybody approves of? Often the most rewarding things in life are those that are most difficult. if everything was easy and no resistance given, then life would be utterly boring and nobody would accomplish anything.

To give a example, look at some famous people in history. People like Thomas Edison and many other inventors. They were often laughed at and mocked by their peers for the 'outrageous' ideas they proposed. Yet look at what they accomplished... nobody is laughing now are they? It is simply human nature for people to fear and hate what they do not understand.

I post the things I do because it is a challenge to try and get people to see things how I see them. And I can only hope someday it will make a difference (however minuscule that is).

About the rant/complaint threads and you replying to them. You do realize that by posting in a thread that you deem unworthy, you bump it to the top of the thread list and it gets more exposure. Whereas if you didn't reply to it, it would have slowly made it way down the the bottom... out of sight and out of mind.

 

Fair enough, you have raised a very good point which I cannot argue back against :smileytongue:

Yes, on the bumping side, I am also passionate about what I think, and in that way we have similar views.

 

I just hate the amount of complaining that occurs on this board. This, however, seems different, as you can actually back up your points well!

Really, all I want is to see a little less complaining, and more constructive stuff on here.

My best game achievement? Probably 10th 65 on CoD W@W.


Get your Portable ID!

Check out my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/FunkyBarnes
Please use plain text.
Message 163 of 198 (0 Views)
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/16/2008
Offline
4080 posts
 

Re: The ability to knife needs to be removed.

Aug 21, 2010

The only problem I have with knifing is how when one is coming at you and you are unloading your gun on them and they commando you and get the kill I think thats pretty bad, but I do believe in certain spots a knife should be a two hit kill

Dopeboy_8732 Trophy Card

Please use plain text.
Message 164 of 198 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/19/2007
Offline
5202 posts
 

Re: The ability to knife needs to be removed.

Sep 17, 2010
Commando fails sometimes.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 165 of 198 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/17/2008
Offline
3321 posts
 

Re: The ability to knife needs to be removed.

Sep 17, 2010

skipping the 17 pages, leukoplast you always want something to be removed from the shooters you play. How many things have you rallied support for removal in KZ2 and were successful due to the weak devs that were actually listening to your unnecessary cries? If you don't want to knife then go back to the version of Killzone 2 that you had a huge say in, which doesn't have knifing.


Please use plain text.
Message 166 of 198 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/17/2007
Offline
1472 posts
 

Re: The ability to knife needs to be removed.

Sep 17, 2010

 


PayneKiller1509 wrote:

skipping the 17 pages, leukoplast you always want something to be removed from the shooters you play. How many things have you rallied support for removal in KZ2 and were successful due to the weak devs that were actually listening to your unnecessary cries? If you don't want to knife then go back to the version of Killzone 2 that you had a huge say in, which doesn't have knifing.


It not so much that the developers put this in a game,but when have the community complains about something then it should be addressed,IW just does not care about making a quality they just want to make maxium profit.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 167 of 198 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/19/2007
Offline
5202 posts
 

Re: The ability to knife needs to be removed.

Sep 18, 2010
They aren't going to remove the knife no matter how many people complain..
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 168 of 198 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
569 posts
 

Re: The ability to knife needs to be removed.

Sep 18, 2010

knifing in cod now sucks bring back waw style knife or throw it out

Check out my videos and subsribe! youtube.com/user/EKLLPZxPS3
Please use plain text.
Message 169 of 198 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/12/2008
Offline
1248 posts
 

Re: The ability to knife needs to be removed.

Sep 18, 2010

Please use plain text.
Message 170 of 198 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes