Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
61 posts

Re: The reason "camping" is frowned upon

Jul 8, 2010

*for the sake of asking out of curiosity  lol
*Is sitting in a hallway with a riot shield camping?
*the last few days i got on and thats all i felt like doing (to get my Achevements ofcourse)

*i was never called a camper, but i found it hilarious to sit there, knowing the bullets wouldnt hurt me and yet the other team just sat there unloading on my shield until my team found time to take them out. (great way to earn assists btw)

*Secondly is Camping a distance away from a choke point with an EBR concidered camping?
*Like for example the choke point on crach near the white pick-up?

*OpFor will come out of that area one maybe two at a time without ever having any form of sniper cover and its like fish in a barrel.

Message 31 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jul 8, 2010

TBH i think everyone has camped in this game at sometime

and everyone has tried tact knifing

and prob running and gunning

so no one should really complain about someone camping

youre always guna die on this game

Message 32 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
418 posts

Jul 8, 2010

I remember one time on the map estate, I was hiding inside the mansion with a bunch of claymores and a SPAS-12. I massacred the competition. They just didn't know how to stay away, they'd go up the stairs and get blasted by my claymore. They would, then, go around the back and go up that stack of wood in the back and get blasted by another one of my claymores, one of the best places to put a claymore because nobody ever puts one there so they don't expect it. Anyway, if any of them got through I would be waiting in the large upstairs room and just blast them with my SPAS-12. By the time they had only 6 kills I had already gotten 25 kills and won the free-for all. It was great.

Message 33 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Jul 10, 2010

Hardcore Modes, I don't care if you sit in one spot because I can understand that. But if you've got a LMG or Noobtube with a Heartbeat Sensor, and you've got 5 kills the entire game from the same spot and each of those 4 kills were on me because I figured you would have moved in the past 5 minutes then I'm gonna call you a camper, lol. Or if you're on my team and you're the last one alive in S&D every round with zero kills all the way til round 3, then I'm going to tell you to stop camping upstairs in our spawn on Crash with your sniper and **bleep**ing play already.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
643 posts

Jul 10, 2010

TheGerman031 wrote:

People who "camp" AKA sitting in one spot for a while. AKA killing a rusher, Is not liked in the COD community. Why? Because "rushers" or people who like to run around and charge at you, claim to be, "players with skill" and when the "players with skill" get killed by "campers" the "players with skill" don't know want to admit there mistakes, so they tell the "campers" the they are "noobs" 

Ask your self this, if one tactic is making people mad, then the people using that tactic are the best, correct? WRONG!! According to 99% of the people on COD, camping is for people who have no skill, have no life, or live in there moms basement. So do people "rush" because they don't want to be called a noob? Or is it because it is actually there tactic? 

Pretend you have no idea what a "camper" or "rusher" is

In Search and Destroy, if everyone on the team is knife rushing, would you:

A- rush at them.

B- wait back, make them come to you,and blast there head off with a shotgun.

C- let them kill you, say they are great at COD, ask to join there clan, try to do better next time.

If you picked A, you are a "player with skill."

if you picked B, your are complete no life noob who lives in your moms basement.

if you picked C, you are giving "players with skill" what they expect to have.

So, camping is frowned up because the "players with skill" get killed by the "campers" so they complain because they have "skill" and the "campers" do not. But really, campers are just trying make it easy, and not try to be flashy about there kills. Or, they are just trying to have some fun. Believe it or not, MW2 was made to entertain, not to anger..

That is why "camping" is frowned upon

NOTICE: I used quotes a lot in this thread, meaning I used a lot of sarcasm.

I'd pick a mix of A and B. I'd rush in a little bit, then flash them and get a multi kill with a frag

Everybody is happy... well, except the people that were blown up. Who cares about them though?

I like camping to some extent, and I like rushing to some extent, I'm in between. But if you have to sit behind a door or around a corner in order to get a kill, and thats the only way you can get one, then you most certainly are a noob. The same goes for rushing, if you can't be patient for a second, then you're a noob.

Photobucket
Message 35 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Jul 14, 2010

because it literally takes no skill what so ever to camp, u just lay there, hoipe for someone to walk by then kill em, (im in the middle between camping and rushing by the way, i really dont do either) rushing however does take quick reaction, critical thinking, prediction, the element of surprise. camping isnt for noobs or people who live in their basement, its literally either for the simple minded people or the players who do suck, rushing is for the risky people who like to take the risk, it could end up really great, or terrible. i prefer what i call tactical, because i run to a spot, sit there for 3 to 7 seconds, run to another spot do the same thing. im not rushing, and im not camping, and i would choose d, being tactical, the gamestyle few of us have, be smart, move around, pick good spots to move to, but dont stay long. anyone else agree?

"pants at a time like this, i dont have any pants" -Alan from The Hangover
Message 36 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Jul 14, 2010

i wont lie, in w@w i use mp 40, thats what my 1 friend told me when i first got the game, he taught me how to play cod, he told me to use, mp 40, dual mags, any pistol, bettys, flash, double tap, steady aim, do i use juggernaut? no its 4 pu$$!3$, but i do like to kill people and this simply is the class for me, is it noob? no its a smg with double tap, thats pretty normal. but anyways i do love to snipe, on big maps i love sniping unless its s and d, then it depends but still i just wanted to sasy just because u have the mp 40 doesnt make u a noob, it makes u an smg user, i use alot of other guns, almost all, and i get tired of hearing people say my guns a noob gun, when im sure they have a class with that gun probaly with juggernaut

also my impression of juggernaut is is that its for people who cant stay alive long enough to get a kill sso they need extended life

"pants at a time like this, i dont have any pants" -Alan from The Hangover
Message 37 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes