Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 27 2010
By: HerNavyDiver87 Lombax Warrior 114 posts

Those who want lag to be fixed...

18 replies 6 views Edited Nov 27, 2010

It never will be. It's not on the developers side, it's on your side. So those of you that have scrubby internet connection at like 1mb/1mb, or 5mb/1mb need to stop being cheap, and get with the times and upgrade your internet. TreyArch cannot solve any lag issues you have as it is a Peer-To-Peer Client Hosted Multiplayer System.

P2PCHMS for short basically. Meaning 1 of the 16 players will be HOSTING the match on HIS CONSOLE for the entire match. There is no TreyArch server that hosts any match, at any point during the day. Very few console games have dedicated servers. If you want no lag go play the PC versions of multiplayer games so that you can experience a dedicated server.

In short everyone needs to quit **bleep**ing about knife lunges, lag, latency, and anything else dealing with latency and/or lag and upgrade the internet connection, set the connection settings to LOCALE ONLY, and have a good time. It's not TreyArch's fault you can't afford internet.

I have 40mb/s down 5mb/s up and I play just fine, and it only costs me $15/mo on top of my basic internet. I'm never below 3 bars, but on 3 bars if the host is bad I can't shoot **bleep**, but I don't whine and **bleep** about it. It's life, you will win, you will lose, you will die, you will never be as great as any Pro gamer, it's just the facts of life guys. No point in crying over it.

Message 1 of 19 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3094 posts

Re: Those who want lag to be fixed...

Nov 27, 2010

Ok so what about people like me who have a fast, fibre optic connection that never suffers from any kind of slowdown or any internet issues at all?

IW somehow managed to fix a lot of the lag and matchmaking problems in MW2.

Treyarch claimed they had fixed several lag related problems in the last patch so they obviously think it can be fixed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 19 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4321 posts

Nov 27, 2010

Useless thread.  You can get a fios connection and still get lag in p2p.  stop making incorrect posts, OP.  you have no idea what you're talking about.

Message 3 of 19 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Nov 27, 2010

Not everyone has that type of money ya know. You can't just say " Oh get better internet you'll do better". Some may have financial issues or other reasons.

Message 4 of 19 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3094 posts

Nov 27, 2010

And another thing...

How come it's my awful internet connection causing lag in BO but it doesn't cause lag in MW2, Uncharted 2 or any other online game for that matter?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 19 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Nov 27, 2010
Financial issues? Then why are you buying a video game that costs $65, and paying for internet to play it on.

So they're fixing there issues that can be fixed, yeah that's great and all but a lot of it is people complaining about a knife lunge this, commando lunge that. All I'm saying and it wasn't even directed to anyone who posted here ROFL.

Is that everyone's complaining about a multiplayer game. We do understand that no matter what TreyArch may do we will always have lag. It doesn't matter, I'm just trying to get people to realize that you won't ever have a perfect game every day, every match. Complaining about lag issues will only make people like me pissed off. Because it's **bleep**ing, and whining. And you're **bleep**ing and whining about a video game that you can't win @ because of your lag. I don't have any problems. I don't know what you guys experience. I guess I'm one of the lucky 10 or so apparently as everyone's got these HUGE LAG ISSUES!

Again I get host 70% of the time. I have 40mb/s down 5mb/s up, and don't even have fiber optics. When I'm off host, I can usually play a good game. I play Locale Only. Maybe that's your problem? Who knows, all I'm saying is don't blame something on TreyArch when you have no clue if it is TreyArch, your ISP, the Host, etc...
Message 6 of 19 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1472 posts

Nov 27, 2010

xaznjason wrote:

Not everyone has that type of money ya know. You can't just say " Oh get better internet you'll do better". Some may have financial issues or other reasons.

Don't listen to the lapdogs who have Mommy and Daddy pay for the internet,and you can thank Cheaptivision for it,they refuse to use any of billions they have made to ilmprove it.

Message 7 of 19 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1472 posts

Nov 27, 2010

HerNavyDiver87 wrote:
Financial issues? Then why are you buying a video game that costs $65, and paying for internet to play it on.

So they're fixing there issues that can be fixed, yeah that's great and all but a lot of it is people complaining about a knife lunge this, commando lunge that. All I'm saying and it wasn't even directed to anyone who posted here ROFL.

Is that everyone's complaining about a multiplayer game. We do understand that no matter what TreyArch may do we will always have lag. It doesn't matter, I'm just trying to get people to realize that you won't ever have a perfect game every day, every match. Complaining about lag issues will only make people like me pissed off. Because it's **bleep**ing, and whining. And you're **bleep**ing and whining about a video game that you can't win @ because of your lag. I don't have any problems. I don't know what you guys experience. I guess I'm one of the lucky 10 or so apparently as everyone's got these HUGE LAG ISSUES!

Again I get host 70% of the time. I have 40mb/s down 5mb/s up, and don't even have fiber optics. When I'm off host, I can usually play a good game. I play Locale Only. Maybe that's your problem? Who knows, all I'm saying is don't blame something on TreyArch when you have no clue if it is TreyArch, your ISP, the Host, etc...

To say you never have any lag in a P2P multiplayer is complete BS,the matchmaking in this is far from perfect locale or not.

Message 8 of 19 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4080 posts

Nov 27, 2010

That is not entirely true I have u-verse and my connection stays at 100%, but some games there is horrible lag it doesn't lag often tho

Dopeboy_8732 Trophy Card

Message 9 of 19 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
746 posts

Nov 27, 2010
<------Doesn't care is you get pissed off when people complain.

I have the highest internet package my ISP offers and I still experience lag regularly. If Infinity Ward can improve on the lag issue, so can Treyarch. Your argument is pointless simply by the fact that other games people have aren't lagging as often as this game is.
invision2212 Trophy Card
Message 10 of 19 (6 Views)
0 Likes