Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
520 posts

Re: Why I hate quickscoping

Aug 24, 2010

quickscoping is not an exploit... sure you wouldn't do it, but really, in real life would you run around with just a knife?

it's not a hack, to say it is is stupid, since you are not changing the game.

Quickscoping is just a way people play the game when some relized that sniper rifles are one hit kills...

I have never done it, but that is because I don't perfer to do it, not because it is exploiting the game...

I feel like something gets lost in internet communication...
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 147 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Aug 24, 2010

BeDaN wrote:

You can say whatever you want.  Sometimes I kill them sometimes they kill me.  Sometimes a fly lands on me and I kill it and sometimes it flys away,  doesn't mean that flys aren't really really super annoying.

LMAO!!

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 147 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Aug 24, 2010

IWINSLOW wrote:

You can say whatever you want.  Sometimes I kill them sometimes they kill me.  Sometimes a fly lands on me and I kill it and sometimes it flys away,  doesn't mean that flys aren't really really super annoying.  The only difference is they're annoying because that's how they were made, you guys are annoying because you exploit. 

You keep calling it an exploit. It isn't an exploit, it has been around since at least since mw1.

How is it an exploit? It doesn't make getting kills any easier, in fact trying to quick scope actually makes it more difficult and that is the point you are missing.

The very fact that it is more difficult to quickscope than to use any assault riffle makes it NOT an exploit. Exploits by their very definition make the game easier for you.

If that is your standard for exploit then using a handgun only is an exploit. Being able to rapid fire a FAL is an exploit. Knowing how to cook and where to toss a nade is an exploit.

An assualt rifle doesn't give you the mobility of a submachine gun, nor the scope and snipe ability (you know, what it was INTENDED for?!).

Amazing how people avoid the most simple and basic things (like 800 pound gorillas).

And these guys think that they're "smart" and "have skills" - amazing!

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 147 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2106 posts

Aug 24, 2010

FREAKAZOID_ROBOT wrote:

If a guy is sniping from a distance, that is great.  But if all the sudden 15 seconds later he's all the way across the map "quickscoping", that's just sillyness.

Exactly. If some idiot is two feet away from me and he wants to keep hitting L1-R1 over and over until a shot finaly lands, then more power to him. But the absolute most retarded thing is when they try to quickscope all the way across the map. When a person is that far away and he quickscopes, he is only doing it for one reason- he thinks it makes him look badass. I have news for them- it doesn't make them look badass to quickscope across a map, it makes them look really stupid. People who think quickscoping makes them look badass are probably just troubled teens who think they're gangsters.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 147 (67 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1244 posts

Aug 24, 2010

I only quickscope in PMs on MW2 and CoD4, mostly because I think its just too easy on MW2, and I don't want to lose the game because I want to feel cool in SnD. The reason why I quickscope is that its something fun, and in this game there isn't a lot to have fun with. The only thing I still have fun with is sniping. And no, sniping is not quickscoping. Hardscoping doesn't exist, that is sniping. I'm not some try hard trying to look cool, I'm just bored with this game and I want to have some fun, and guess what, I payed 60 dollars for this piece of **bleep** game and if I want to have fun then I will be damned if I'm going to stop because you're crying its ruining yours. I'm not saying it takes skill, and yes these kids need to be taught a lesson (now a days people without kids would be better at raising a child than actual parents) but in BO there will be some form of juggernaut, so use that. All's fair in love and war.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 147 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1889 posts

Aug 24, 2010

This is my point with quickscoping. It is useful because you can't actually play like a true sniper in this game for a few reasons. One, a true sniper usually waits on a kill for a long time, hours, days, weeks. Now I know you don't expect this game to be completely realistic but you can't just be a regular sniper in this game and survive.

As I said I use quickscoping, I use hardscoping, no scoping and I use drag scoping. All in different situations. If I am sniping but I am flanked I will usually try a quickscope or no scope when I am caught by suprise just before I switch out to my handgun.

I don't really find it useful to quickscope accross the map and while it may be annoying when someone can do this accross the map it is not practical and results in more misses than kills. Not to mention that when quickscoping your likely hood of getting a hit marker goes through the roof.

If you really get killed by quickscopers that much then I don't know what to tell you because your case is the exception.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 147 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
268 posts

Aug 24, 2010

Flawl3ss1711 wrote:

i actually think those who quickscopes are skilled. The ablity to spot a foe and zoom+center them and kill in one shot is pretty skilled to me.

....when quick scoping, it centers its self. That is why people **bleep**. I personally could care less, which ever way gets you a better kd ratio. I do not quick scope, and rarely get killed by a quick scope'. So why all the complaining?

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 147 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
624 posts

Aug 24, 2010

FREAKAZOID_ROBOT wrote:

To build off the thread created by Pistol Chaos, here is the reason why most of us hate "quickscoping" -

It takes the intended strategy out of the game, and turns it into a video geek adventure.

I'm not interested in how some hacker can change a game.  It doesn't impress me, it doesn't entertain me, nothing.

The reason is not because I'm "close-minded" or "unduly negative", it's because I realize that it's the result of some loser with WAY too much time on their hands, thinking that they are clever, because they sit back and try to figure some "angle" of the game which they can exploit.

It's some NERD who wants to think that they are smart or clever, but in reality, you're a loser with excess time on your hands.  While the rest of us are trying to enjoy a strategy game, YOU are trying to hack it.

It's no different the losers in World at War who would "get under the map", and exploit a glitch.

It's not "clever".  It's a loser who cannot participate because of personal issues.

How is this an exploit in the game?

I hear many people say that the aim assist help us quickscopers out loads, it doesn't? If you're an actual quickscoper, you will be scoped in for a second maximum, this is not long enough for aim assist to kick in.

Also, the aim assist only helps your sights, not the actual bullets! The bullets go in a straight line no matter where you point the barrel of the gun!

A large amount of the time, quickscopers use the intervention. This means, we generally only get one shot before we're screwed. Whereas, these Q'scoping haters have 30 bullets to empty into us in the space of about 10 seconds. If you can't kill someone by then, you really suck.

My best game achievement? Probably 10th 65 on CoD W@W.

Get your Portable ID!

Check out my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/FunkyBarnes
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 147 (67 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

Aug 24, 2010

I still don't see how quickscoping is an exploit.

"I got hit by a sniper rifle at point blank range, how could I die?!"

well, how do you think you just died?

And no, I don't quickscope.

I feel like something gets lost in internet communication...
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 147 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
624 posts

Aug 24, 2010

BeDaN wrote:

ipat330 wrote:

Quickscoping has been around forever and people want to complain about all of the sudden?

The only thing I hate about quickscopers is that most of them suck and usually bring down a team. Quickscoping isn't an exploit, it's just a different way to play the game. Every gun has the same amount of aim assist whether you want to believe it or not. Why complain about quickscopers? It isn't like they're impossible to kill, hell, they're probably the easiest to kill.

For one, no one is complaining "all of a sudden" the complaining has been pretty steady since people started doing it. And you're right, all the guns have the same amount of aim assist.  But once again so that you can get up to speed with the argument the problem is that not all of the guns are one hit kills . . . like the sniper rifles with Stopping Power . .  at close range.  Again . . . please keep up.

What do you expect from sniper rifle? An intervention uses a .408 calibre bullet, which is about 5 and a half inches. The bit that kills people itself is about 1 and a half inches. So, with 4 inches worth of explosive in a bullet, I'm not surprised that it's a one hit kill, are you?

My best game achievement? Probably 10th 65 on CoD W@W.

Get your Portable ID!

Check out my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/FunkyBarnes
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 147 (67 Views)
0 Likes