Aug 18 2009
By: GoD_Midway Treasure Hunter 8170 posts

?~§~Zombies: Der Riese Guide~§~?

82 replies 951 views Edited Aug 18, 2009

~~Imperial Zombies: Shi No Numa Guide~~

??? Nazi Zombies - The Guide ???

Nazi Zombies: Der Reise

A Guide to the new and upcoming Der Reise zombie map in the Call of Duty World at War add-on Map Pack 3.

Information

• Release Date: Thursday, August 6th
  • Included in Map Pack 3 add-on for Call of Duty World at War. Found in PS Store after release along with 3 new Multiplayer Maps.
  • Price: $9.99 before tax
  • Der Riese means "The Giant" and this map is referred to as the Zombie Factory
  • This will the the 4th zombie map
  • Nazi Zombies again, because of the Swastika in the game

Videos

Official Trailer

Interview with Josh Olin

XBOX 360 Trailer

Attackers
  • Zombies
  • Hell Hounds

Death

• Zombies can down you in one swipe with out jugger-nog
  • Dogs can down you in one jump without jugger-nog
  • You can down yourself by shooting the ray gun at a wall in front of you
  • Walking through an electric barrier witout jugger-nog will down you
  • jumping from high ledges, such as the cat walk can sometimes down you without jugger-nog

• Zombies will take about 3-5 swipes at you before downing you when you have jugger-nog
  • Dogs will take about 2-3 jumps at your before downing you when you have jugger-nog
  • I have still found that I can down myself when I have an upgraded ray-gun and jugger-nog

Perks

• Speed Cola -- 3,000 Points -- Reload weapons incredibly fast
  • Jugger-nog -- 2,500 Points -- Increased health
  • Double Tap -- 2,000 Points -- Automatic weapons shoot faster
  • Quick Revive -- 1,500 Points - Revive incredibly fast

Jugger-nog is probably the most important perk. Especially for solo. If you want a perk, you want jugger-nog. Speed Cola is probably the next most important. You should have both of these by around level 10, depending on your guns and how much money you have. Quick Revive is good to have for the later round, around 20 you should have this, and Double Tap is useless...

Pick-ups

• Nuke -- Blows up all zombies in your area, and awards all players with 400 points
  • Insta-Kill -- Zombies die in one shot, or instantly. Lasts for 30 seconds
  • Double Points -- You earn double the points. Lasts for 30 seconds
  • Max Ammo -- Refils your ammo completey full (not your current clip)
  • Hammers and Nails --  Repairs all windows with full boards, and awards all players with 200 points

Max Ammo is the most important pick-up of all. In the later round, they seem to come by far and few, so if you see one, you need to get it. Insta-kill is also very helpful, as it saves a ton of ammo. Double points is helpful, but if you can't get it safely, don't risk it. The nuke is good the first 2 to 7ish levels, then it is bad from round 7 to 13ish, and then good after that. The reason it is bad from 7 to 13 is because you only get 400 points, and you would normally get more points then that by killing the zombies. Hammer and Nails is a pretty good pick-up because it helps with defense, holding the zombies off a bit, giving you some time to reload. 

A good strategy for getting pick-ups that are hard to get is to throw a monkey bomb away from the pick-up and run then get it. But be careful, becuase once the monkey bomb is over, they will start coming back towards you guys. 

Every time someone uses a teleporter, a pick-up will spawn in the middle of the main room where you start. This is a good strategy to try and get Max Ammo's at the end of a round, but I find that they rarely come through there. Be Careful though, in the upper 20 rounds dogs will spawn instead of a pick-up

Trophies

Trophy Guide thanks to lochbeau

Elevate Your Senses! - I'll explain how to do it, then I'll post a video for a visual tutorial. First off someone needs an upgraded weapon (not wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ), Ray Gun upgraded actually works, but many think it doesn't. Directions from mainframe: go through the door which leads to the trench gun then look left and you will see a window and a small gap to the left of the window, go to this gap and look for a pole with a switch on, shoot it and you will recieve the trophy (everyone gets it even if they don't activate the fly trap). Video footage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evBhLjOvKO4

Locksmith! - For this you have to open all doors on the map, from my experience this includes the stairs (correct me if I'm wrong). Doors include the teleport room doors, blockage on stairs and doors to different rooms. The way I got this trophy was to get a crawler and ask everyone to open the doors saving me points :smileytongue:

40 Knives! - For this trophy you have to kill 40 zombies with the Bowie Knife which can be found in the back teleporter room on the wall. The best way to get this trophy is to take a window wherever you are camping out (best to get the knife early on if you want this trophy to be easy).

Der Electrician! - Link all teleport pads before round 7. This is easy, just get a crawler on round 6 and open all doors leading to teleporters, have one player stay in the middle to link them, but make sure your crawler isn't killed by the electricity.

Frequent Flyer! - Use the teleporters 8 times. This is easy in the later rounds if you're using the teleporter method (run around the map to each teleporter, then camping in the teleporter till you get overwhelmed by the zombies, then teleport).

Perkaholics Anonymous! - Survive until round 20 without buying a perk. This is easy but sounds so hard, get your teammates to buy perks and use the balcony method, stay at the back picking off enemies and let your mates do all the work. Simples.

Wacker Packer! - Upgrade any weapon at the Pack a Punch machine. Really simple, just link the teleporter pads and then upgrade one weapon at the mainframe for 5000 points.

Acquire Waffle Weapons! - Obtain the Ray Gun, DG-2, and the Monkey Bomb at the same time in a game. Not as easy as it sounds, the Ray Gun is now rarer than ever, and so is the Wunderwaffe, but to get far in a game on Der Riese atleast one person needs this combo, personally I would trade an MG-42 upgraded for a Wunderwaffe anytime, then upgrade the Wunderwaffe.

Pack Addict! - Upgrade 5 weapons at the Pack a Punch in one game. This is tricky, but you will get it with 3 people at the later rounds, whenever you run out of Ray Gun ammo get a crawler and use the box till you get something like a Ppsh, MG-42 or Browing, take the weapon then keep using the box till you get a Ray Gun, make sure you save 5000 points to upgrade it and if you have no luck then upgrade the Ppsh, Mg-42 or Browning that you picked up earlier. Keep doing this and you should get the trophy at around round 32-33.

The Might of the Monkey! - Use the Monkey Bomb. I don't have to explain this do I?

Traps

There are 3 electric barriers that can be turned on for 1,000 points. They take a little while to recharge, although it seems they recharge faster then in Shi No Numa. When zombies or Hell Hounds walk through the barrier, they die after about 3 seconds.

Quotes

View a list of Quotes here

Mystery Box

Weapons

Weapon Name => Upgraded Weapon Name

30 Cal(Browning) => B115 accelerator
BAR => The Widow Maker
Colt 45 => C-3000 b1at-ch35
Shotgun Double Barreled => 24 Bore long range
Shotgun Double Barreled Sawed Grip => The Snuff Box
FG42 => 420 Impeller
Gewehr43 = > G115 Compressor
M1A1 Carbine => Widdershins RC-1
M1Garand => M1000
MG42 => Barracuda FU-A11
MP40 => The Afterburner
.357 Magnum => .357 Plus 1 K1L-u
PPSh-41 => The Reaper
Shotgun => Gut Shot
STG-44 => Spatz-447 +
Thompson => Gibs-o-matic
Type 100 => 1001 Samurais
Type 99 => The Eviscerator
Panzerschrek => Longinus
PTRS-41 => The Penetrator
M7 Launcher => The Imploder
Kar98k => Armageddon
Ray Gun => Porter’s X2 Ray Gun
Wunderwaffe DG-2 => Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ
M2 Flamethrower => FIW Nitrogen cooled

General Strategies

• Knife the zombies in the first round
  • Shoot the zombies a little bit, but then knife the zombies to get more points
  • Let the zombies in the first round, and one will have a Pick-up. If you are lucky, it will be a max ammo
  • By Level 10, All three teleporters should be linked and the PaP should be opened and ready for use
  • By Level 10, Everyone should have Jugger-nog
  • By Level 15, everyone should have Speed Cola
  • By Level 20, everyone should have Quick Revive 
  • By Level 15, at least 1 person should have the ray-gun
  • By Level 20, everyone should have upgraded at least one weapon, and have either a ra gun or HMG
  • By Level 20, 1 person should have the Wunderwaffe

In-Game Strategies

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Message Edited by GoD_Midway on 08-14-2009 03:52 PM
Message Edited by GoD_Midway on 08-18-2009 10:14 AM
Message 73 of 83 (951 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8170 posts

Re: ?~§~Zombies: Der Reise Guide~§~?

Jul 30, 2009
Reserved second post incase
Message 1 of 83 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Jul 30, 2009
wondering what the monkey is verry curious about it
Message 2 of 83 (951 Views)
Fender Bender
3785 posts

Jul 30, 2009
Message 3 of 83 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8170 posts

Jul 30, 2009

lordsem wrote:
wondering what the monkey is verry curious about it

Me too. Only time will tell

Message 4 of 83 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8170 posts

Jul 30, 2009

Must_Be_Jelly wrote:
Good luck on the guide.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 83 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
665 posts

Jul 30, 2009
They showed the Monkey Bomb in the latest video.

Message 6 of 83 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8170 posts

Jul 30, 2009

PhoenixMike wrote:
They showed the Monkey Bomb in the latest video.

added a bunch of weapons that are shown/heard in the video

Message 7 of 83 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Re: ?~§~Zombies: Der Riese Guide~§~?

Jul 30, 2009
"Der Reise" means "The Giant".
Message 8 of 83 (951 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1296 posts