Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 21 2011
By: frabel23 First Son 1 posts

is ps3 gonna shut down the online play cause of a hack

7 replies 425 views Edited Jan 21, 2011

i heard that ps3 is going to take away the online gaming cause some one hack into the play station network

Message 1 of 8 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8540 posts

Re: is ps3 gonna shut down the online play cause of a hack

Jan 21, 2011

not true, dont worry.

they dont want millions of angry customers.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 8 (425 Views)
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Jan 21, 2011

frabel23 wrote:

i heard that ps3 is going to take away the online gaming cause some one hack into the play station network

Search button....

Check rumour first source......check context

Lessons to learn from your first post

And no they are not going to shutdown the servers

Wants Timesplitters 4 :smileysad: *11-25-2010 Time Splitter rank :smileyvery-happy: *
Get your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 8 (425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 21, 2011

nah!! very very unlikely to happen, most people depend on online gameplay. Plus they are not going to loose a major hook of free online gameplay for customers.

-AncientBloodLord
Message 4 of 8 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2904 posts

Jan 21, 2011

Its all a bunch of over reaction to a sarcastic tweet by an Activision rep towards an angry fan.  Im guessing he regrets saying it now and is being told so by his superior!  What IS going to happen is Black Ops is going to get wrecked just like MW2, Activision wont fix it because its cheaper to blame on Sony, and they going to move on to the next game just like the last.....

Basically Cheaptivision didn't develop any security because at the time of development the PS3 had not been hacked open so they were totally relying on Sony.

Message 5 of 8 (425 Views)
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Jan 21, 2011

yes. youwill never be able to play online on the PSN ever again. Ever.

BF3 Stats
Message 6 of 8 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5298 posts

Jan 21, 2011

No but but hopefully COD will. lol

When gamers wake up start realizing that basically that each and every Call of Duty game is 90% (or more) the same game released year after year just in order to collect $60 + the 2 to 3 times $10 to $15 for some DLC pack with just a couple of the same old maps but then you could keep playing the same game year after year. It's up to you

Message 7 of 8 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4865 posts

Jan 21, 2011

shystie1 wrote:

No but but hopefully COD will. lol

When gamers wake up start realizing that basically that each and every Call of Duty game is 90% (or more) the same game released year after year just in order to collect $60 + the 2 to 3 times $10 to $15 for some DLC pack with just a couple of the same old maps but then you could keep playing the same game year after year. It's up to you

i'm pretty sure that gamers understand that they're buying the next game in a franchise & that it will be pretty much the same as the ones before it, but with some changes. but, like i do, i like the series & i like the gameplay, so i do buy the next one. with that being said, you can't argue with the numbers, seeing as its one of the most popular set of games for online gameplay, i wouldn't say that people need to wake up, i would say that you should not worry about what other people are doing with their money and focus on yourself.

Message 8 of 8 (425 Views)