Splicer
45 posts

Re: why play domination if you don't play by the objectives?

Jul 15, 2010

ph00ln wrote:

@reallyocean: but if the other team doesn't go for the objective b/c they are camping and waiting for kills, what then? Sit there and wait more?

I think you may have worded this incorrectly. Wouldn't someone like you, who supports playing Domination the conventional way want to play Domination against a team on which every person is camping and waiting for kills while your team has 2/3 points? How your sentence currently stands, yes, I'd rather sit and wait because going up against campers is usually not worth it for a few extra kills. Plus, you'd win the round holding 2/3 points. (assuming you aren't too far behind.)

I think you miss read my statement, my point is if the other team is sitting camping. what is my team supposed to do? keep running for that third flag and get killed? That would be rather foolish, but at the same time, if you don't go for the third flag and try to defend your 2 objectives, you'll waiting a long time. My point is the objective of this game mode is to capture and defend flags. (can we agree on that?) Ok, so if the other team is not going for flags, what fun is it? I don't like to win like that, I want a challenge. 

I don't get your conventional and non-conventional statements, seems that you are trying rationalize not playing by the objectives. If you don't want to capture flags or defend flags, go play a game mode that involves getting as many kills as you can. That's the objective of those game modes. I really think it's a simple concept. Pick a game mode that has objectives you enjoy.

Basically, I feel that when someone on my team is camping or not going for objectives and my team is getting the snot knocked out of them, it's ruining my gaming experience, you call it subjective. I'll give you that, but it's definitely not making it enjoyable to lose when you have selfish team members and no chance to win. Once again, I feel this is a simple concept. 

Look I play to have fun and give myself the best chance to win the game mode I choose to play. I don't really care about k/d, accuracy, etc, I do care about being competitive and doing the best I can to help my team win. when others choose a team objective game mode and go off on their own and don't want to play as a team, it's not enjoyable. So, I ask why, when there are other game modes out there designed for the lone wolf? 

Come follow me : www.twitter.com/ph00ln
Message 41 of 51 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 16, 2010
This is pointless. You've successfully ignored everything I've said stating why it's okay to play 'unconventionally' while babbling on about how just because it's called Domination, it should be played a certain way. (And yes, of course I'm trying to rationalize it to you. That's what arguing is.)

If you're going to completely ignore every point I've made and simply say "it's called domination so this is how it has to be played!" then there's no point in going on.
Message 42 of 51 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jul 16, 2010

know what you're right. what was I thinking? I just not play a particular game mode by the objectives. I should just make my own up, screw everyone else. Why should I care if ppl want to play to win, by obtaining the objectives of  that game mode. Next time I play TDM, I'll just go lie undersome bush and see how long I can lie in one area. that'll be my objective for the game. **bleep**?

It's not that I'm ignoring your argument, your argument makes no sense in reference to the post. 

Message 43 of 51 (1 View)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jul 16, 2010

So basically... some play for the objectives and some play for the amount of experience that can be achieved.

Message 44 of 51 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Jul 16, 2010

Everyone including me play to get exp and to try and get a nuke so if you don't like how everyone plays ether leave MW2 or never play domination again no one plays YOUR WAY!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 51 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 16, 2010

EURGH! Not this argument again. Ok, look guys, I am one of those **bleep**bags who doesn't cap flags and runs around purely for kills. But get this,  I get all the killstreaks, it pins the other team down, enabling them to capture the flags and hold them and eventually win.

I'm one of these people who is laid back and I don't get angry at noobtubers, campers or people who run around with commando. I very much believe in letting people play the game how they want to play. You can't boot people from a game so the only way to deal with those guys is to raise your game. So what if you keep losing? Just go into another lobby.

If your getting bummed about people not capturing flags on domination then go into a party and do your thing.  

Message 46 of 51 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
753 posts

Jul 16, 2010

Ace_of_Bades wrote:

EURGH! Not this argument again. Ok, look guys, I am one of those **bleep**bags who doesn't cap flags and runs around purely for kills. But get this,  I get all the killstreaks, it pins the other team down, enabling them to capture the flags and hold them and eventually win.

I'm one of these people who is laid back and I don't get angry at noobtubers, campers or people who run around with commando. I very much believe in letting people play the game how they want to play. You can't boot people from a game so the only way to deal with those guys is to raise your game. So what if you keep losing? Just go into another lobby.

If your getting bummed about people not capturing flags on domination then go into a party and do your thing.  

My hero!

Actually, pretty good post.  I tend to agree with you.  If it gets frustrating I just invite some friends in and we play the way we want.

Message 47 of 51 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2810 posts

Jul 16, 2010

Ace_of_Bades wrote:

I agree, nobodys on the other teams gonna be doing to much while you have an Ac-130 in the air.

Also, people paid $60 for this game, they can play however they want. They have a right to camp!

Photobucket
Message 48 of 51 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jul 16, 2010

yup, you're all right. i'm the only person on the PSN that thinks this. tell me to not play, why would run around purely for killstreaks in a game mode that has objectives? So you ruin other people's gaming experience.  why not play the right game mode for the objective you want to accomplish. 

I love the replies, "not this argument again", well if ppl would play by the objectives there would be no argument, would there?

Message 49 of 51 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2810 posts

Jul 16, 2010
,ph00ln wrote:

yup, you're all right. i'm the only person on the PSN that thinks this. tell me to not play, why would run around purely for killstreaks in a game mode that has objectives? So you ruin other people's gaming experience.  why not play the right game mode for the objective you want to accomplish. 

I love the replies, "not this argument again", well if ppl would play by the objectives there would be no argument, would there?

,Killstreaks like chopper gunners and pavelows can win objective game.

Photobucket
Message 50 of 51 (1 View)
0 Likes