Mar 20 2014
By: xOcelot- Monster Hunter 25 posts

Cannot Stream - Error CE-35230-3

67 replies 8219 views Edited Mar 20, 2014

Hello. Hopefully Someone on HERE can help me. I'm becoming very annoyed with this...

I've been able to stream on Twitch in the past via the PS4 so I have no idea why I'm getting this error. The error code is : CE-35230-3. 

I was streaming earlier - the same day that this happend! I decided to take a break and resume streaming after. When I went to go stream again (entered the game, pressed share, selected "Twitch", selected "Start Broadcasting") I got the error code 10 seconds after starting the broadcast.

I called Sony and the representative walked me through troubleshooting steps. We disconnected my Router and Modem multiple times - sometimes for longer durations before reconnecting - and also tested my connection after each time we did that. My download speed is always around 10mbps+ and my upload speed is always 1.5mbps.

I've been able to stream in the past and like I said before I was able to do so in the same day, not even an hour before this happend! After being put on hold a couple times for the rep to further research the issue, he came back to me saying that this is a very odd issue and that there appears to be no reports of this particular error code. I knew that was the case because prior to calling I researched this myself and also came up with no match. We kept trying to resolve the issue but still no luck. We even tried disconnecting my laptop and cellphone from my internet connection to see if that would help. Nothing.

After that the rep said that the problem could be my Upload Speed because the minimum requirements to stream is 3.0mbps (WHICH IS COMPLETE BS considering i was already streaming!) and that I may need to contact my ISP to help increase the Upload Speed. So I contacted my ISP and they said everything is fine and that if I wanted to increase my Upload Speed I will need to get a better internet package with them. They also stated that I should be able to stream without a problem and that basically they don't believe the Sony Rep either. They suggested researching if it does require that UP Speed.

Every other time I've ever tested my internet connection I have ALWAYS had 1.5 mbps Up Speed. I am getting very annoyed, as I was just getting used to streaming on Twitch. I was loving it, having a blast...but now I'm extremely frustrated with this taking hours to resolve. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.   :'(

Message 1 of 68 (8,219 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: Cannot Stream - Error CE-35230-3

Mar 20, 2014
Same exact thing happend to me,streamed outlast and bf4 all night last night and morning,then i wake up at 9 pm to go stream and this happend,i reset my key on twitch,didnt help,made a new twitch,didnt help,made a ustream account and that worked but lets be honest,no one likes or uses ustream more than twitch,ive tried and tried,googled but to no avail,and i was doing so good streaming,i also tried to stream on my brothers ps4 and it did no good either,ive streamed so many times now,i guess im going to have to retire streaming. :'(
Message 2 of 68 (8,199 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 20, 2014
Same thing with me, I used to stream DC Universe Online, and everything was going great until yesterday when I kept getting that error code and the broadcast wouldn't start: CE-35230-3 , idk what the problem is. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 68 (8,181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 20, 2014

This is really annoying me! i was on the live chat for 2 hours trying to sort it out they told me to go intro safe mode and do all these things and there is no difference still getting the error code everytime! i wanted to stream infamous second son tongiht but if nothing gets sorted then that ideas going out the window?!

Message 4 of 68 (8,169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Mar 20, 2014

im getting the same error! Disconnected my router and modem and ps4 from the power source for about 5 minutes. my ps4 is hardwired into the modem and ive upgraded my internet awhile ago in january just for streaming. im pushing 52mbps download and 9-0mbps upload. no reason i should be having ANY problems when it comes to streaming. sony we need a fix ASAP. Cant showcase your games without it and i would hate to make a UStream account because of it.

Message 5 of 68 (8,112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Mar 20, 2014

STILL encountering the error. are we the only ones?

Message 6 of 68 (8,097 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 20, 2014

having the same problem was streaming fine yesterday and today it just shows that error i have 40mb dl speed and 9mb up,  there should be no problem with my connection at all. i can stream to ustream which tbh is rubbish, i know its still working for some as i know people who are using it. I also know the problem is not on my end no setting have changed or anything so someone needs to look into this

Message 7 of 68 (8,090 Views)
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Mar 21, 2014

bump

Message 8 of 68 (8,062 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 21, 2014
Still no fix guys?
Message 9 of 68 (8,055 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
25 posts

Mar 21, 2014

Still no fix.

Called again and they said this has been on-going for a month which is BS considering they JUST released a patch...why wouldn't they have fixed it then?

Honestly think it's a Twitch problem. Sony needs to solve this with them ASAP. I'm now streaming on UStream and it isn't up to par with Twitch's quality imo. Twitch runs way smoother on my computer.... 

She also said that I've been extremely lucky to have my twitch stream work every time prior to this. No...it wasn't luck. It WAS working fine. Her exact words were "It's a hit and miss with streaming right now." Really? Great support. We basically have to wait it out......... Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 68 (8,040 Views)
0 Likes