Oct 24, 2009
Cool thanks man.
Message 52 of 201 (738 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Re: How to access Playstation 3 SAFE MODE

Oct 27, 2009

My problem is that I can't install full games or large demos onto my PS3. Small demos like Super Puzzle Fighter 2 work fine but when I try to download FF7 and try to install it it keeps displaying the same message "There was an erro in the installation process" Then under games there is an icon that reads corrupted data. I've asked around and it could either be a latency issue or a hardware issue. I've tried using option three on the safe mode menu about 6 times and it kept telling me that the system was corrupted. After reading your earlier posts on the subject, I now know this is not a problem, but after restoring the file system several times I still cannot install the games that I bought on the store. Do you have any advice? I hope it's just my internet connection, because I really don't want to have to send my PS3 in.

Message 53 of 201 (738 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 2, 2009

I can't access safe mode either, I hold down the button and does the same thing the other poster mentioned, beeps once and the green light comes on, then beeps again and red light goes on and system is in stand by again (I've tried this many times).

The problem I'm having with my PS3 is when I start it I get nothing, no picture no sound, nothing.  I though using safe mode would help me but I can't even get that to work, any help would be appreciated

Message 54 of 201 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3555 posts

Nov 2, 2009

KelgarVlondett wrote:

I can't access safe mode either, I hold down the button and does the same thing the other poster mentioned, beeps once and the green light comes on, then beeps again and red light goes on and system is in stand by again (I've tried this many times).

The problem I'm having with my PS3 is when I start it I get nothing, no picture no sound, nothing.  I though using safe mode would help me but I can't even get that to work, any help would be appreciated

follow the steps correctly.  Sounds like your only following the directions halfway.  good luck!

Sony Computer Entertainment America
M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST
Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m
800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
How to access Safe Mode on ps3
Message 55 of 201 (738 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 3, 2009

This is what I'm trying, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I turn the PS3 on and the green light is on, then while the green light is on I touch and hold down the power button till it goes into standby mode.

Then I touch and hold down the power button again till it turns on again, continue holding down and wait for a beep and green light stays on, while still holding wait for another beep till it goes to standby again; my system never gets the beep with the green light only the beep when it starts and the beep when it goes into standby again.

Third step is to touch and hold the power button to turn it on again, continue holding till it turns green, then while still holding wait for the beep with green light, again still holding wait for a double beep with green light and release the power button; I never get to this point because second step isn't working for me... is there anything you see that I'm possibly doing wrong?

Message 56 of 201 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 24, 2009

My problem is my system wont recognize any disc in it. Blu rays, games, dvds, nothing, the little circle just goes round and round and nothing. So which option should I try?

UPDATE: Did the system restore, data rebuild, everything, still not working. ugh. back to the wii i go, cant afford the $160 for sony to fix it. 

Message Edited by RandomVillain on 11-23-2009 10:36 PM
Message 57 of 201 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2064 posts

Nov 24, 2009
Thanks for copying my thread, Smpage!
Message 58 of 201 (738 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Nov 24, 2009

ananda wrote:
Thanks for copying my thread, Smpage!

link plz give us some links or PM me with it if you cant say it here

Nulla è vero. Tutto è consentito - Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted
Message 59 of 201 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Nov 26, 2009

I restarted my ps3 in safe mode and selected the option Restore File system because the problem that the new version 3.10 did to my PS3. Everytime I select this option a message appears "the hard disk´s file system is corrupted and will be restored", wich I think means that the hard disk`s file system is ever corrupted a never restored. What else can I do???? I restored the system like 3 times, obviously deleting all of my data but my systems doesn`t seem to work. The problem was, less tha a week ago, after installing the new uptade I was playing MW2 when it frozze, I restarted my system as said on the owners manual and after that it coudln´t read any disks,it does detect them,because the clock icon does as when a new disk in the ps3, but still it doesn`t recognize it. Why could this be and how doI fix it?

Message 60 of 201 (738 Views)
0 Likes