First Son
3 posts

Re: Troubleshooting for Flashing Blue Light- No Display

Nov 16, 2013
I have the pulsing blue light and I can't boot into safe mode. I've tried two TV's, three HDMI cables, five HDMI inputs. Still nothing. This PS4 is done for. Called Sony for help and they will replace this but estimate the process to be about three weeks till I get a new one.
Message 50 of 1,291 (14,729 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Yep, same deal here. Can't get it into safe mode, tried every trick I've read online all night. This blows.

Message 51 of 1,291 (14,667 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

I setup my PS4, and with my supplied HDMI cord, the screen would go blank for 7 seconds then come back on. That happened several times. Then I started using the PS4 supplied HDMI and that issue stopped.

I got the 1.5 update, installed. Then I was on the computer and let the PS4 idle off.

I tried booting it up and no display and the glwoing blue bar.

Holding the power button for 12 seconds, there is 1 beep, then another 5 seconds, and it turns off.

Took out the hard drive and it booted up and displayed correctly, even though the HDMI video was grainy.

Complained about missing hard drive. Reinstalled hard drive and its back to the blue glow.

Message 52 of 1,291 (14,638 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Ha that's what you people get for buying it on or near launch day! Have sooooo much fun with all the Greatness and all!

Message 53 of 1,291 (14,618 Views)
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

Rivets72 wrote:

Ha that's what you people get for buying it on or near launch day! Have sooooo much fun with all the Greatness and all!

I'm not having any issues with mine, everything, and I do mean everything is working just fine. I'm glad you find people's problems humourous, but next time how about posting something helpful, as opposed to mocking?

Message 54 of 1,291 (14,724 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 16, 2013
I was able to fix my ps4. After updating to 1.50 it reset and I got snow on the TV at first then a black screen.

The way I was able to fix it was as follows:
Download the full 800 MB software onto a thumb drive. When done put it into one of the USB ports.

I was able to get the safe mode screen to show briefly two ways. One for some reason turning the ps4 slowly while it was laying flat would sometimes show the safe mode. Also another way was connecting the ds4 with the USB port and pressing the PS button would turn on the screen. It didn't work everytime I pressed the button so I would unplug the controller and try again and it would work. You have to be quick one you see a screen. Once you see a screen you need to select the bottom choice. I believe its something like reinitialize software. Confirm it on next screen. It will then start copying the files. On mine I lost the screen right after it began copying but it restarted twice and Bam. I saw the playstation logo and been smooth sailing since.

I have no idea about why turning the ps4 made the screen come one. Maybe it was just a coincidence. But I'll put it out there and see if it helps anyone else.
Message 55 of 1,291 (14,700 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: PS4 PROBLEM(Blue light, HDMI): hongfujin yantai china september 2013

Nov 16, 2013

what if the majority of ps4 were manufactured there??? Of course most problematic systems will be from there...

Message 56 of 1,291 (15,529 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

The blinking blue line of disappointment

Nov 16, 2013

I hooked up my ps4 to my stereo nothing just temporary black screen. Afterwards nothing tried changing hdmi cables power cables and different slots on my receiver. I also tried the safe mode where you hold down the power button for 10 sec I believe. Nothing worked I think my power button is broken as well I hold it down and it doesn't beep. I heard that there is suppose to be a blinking white light in stead of a blue one while starting up. Customer service has been very hard to get I spent 2 hours on the phone only to be inpatietly disgusted and hung up. I then tried online support to my luck that didn't work. Each time I waited I was told that there is no available agents try again later. Eventually called again and waited an hour and a half and hung up. Decided to try again tomorrow. However I like the design better than the ps3 and also smaller.

Message 57 of 1,291 (14,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

PS4 Won't Start-up, Won't Get to Safe Mode, Blue Light just keeps blinking...

Nov 16, 2013

I am one of the unfortunate persons to receive a PS4 (via Amazon) that was effectively dead on arrival.

Literally, the light keeps blinking blue. Nothing on screen.

I used different HDMI cables on different TVs and a computer monitor, no luck.

I actually broke out an old magnifying glass to carefully inspect the HDM port. There is nothing going on there, all prongs/metal parts are properly seated. The HDMI cables used were fitting snuggly into the PS4.

I opened up it up to reveal the HDD. HDD was firmly seated, the "PS4" screw in place.

I removed the screw and the HDD, and attempted startup. Nothing. Tried entering safe mode, nothing (see below).
I reinserted the HDD and attempted startup, nothing.

What is truly interesting is there seems to be no way of actually getting to "safe mode" on this particular system. Holding the power button until the second beep simply powers off the system.

Not once did I see anything on screen. In addition, the controller (as far as I can tell) never turned on either (probably because the system never turned on).

If Sony is monitoring this forum, what do you suggest? Return to Amazon? Send in for repair/new unit? I don't want a refund, I just want a PS4!

I was on hold with customer support for 90 minutes this AM before hanging up.

Message 58 of 1,291 (14,537 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Re: PS4 Won't Start-up, Won't Get to Safe Mode, Blue Light just keeps blinking...

Nov 16, 2013

I'm not a Sony employee but what  I would suggest is trying Safe Mode again. Here's a link you can follow to ensure you're doing it correctly.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5044/

If you get no joy from that I'd contact Amazon for a replacement. Good Luck and please post back results.

Message 59 of 1,291 (7,046 Views)
0 Likes