First Son
2 posts

Re: [INFO] Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

Nov 16, 2013
Won't read discs. Won't accept discs, won't eject discs. What is the problem, why wouldn't you make sure their fine before release. People go through so much trouble only to pay and receive a defective system. Talk about crushing dreams
Message 91 of 1,674 (10,671 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: disc wont read and will not eject :/

Nov 16, 2013

My eject button ls not working  but i was able  to eject the disc by pressing option and it will give you the option to eject 

Message 92 of 1,674 (10,749 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: my ps4 wont insert any discs

Nov 16, 2013

I called tech support. They said to try the manual disc removal procedure. I did it with some doubt, and surprisingly it worked.

Here's the link. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5061/related/1

worked for me.Good luck

Message 93 of 1,674 (10,678 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Nov 16, 2013

My PS4's Blu Ray drive is screwed up. It's like it's out of alignment or something. The first game disc I inserted was Killzone and even then it didn't take the first time.

Instead of feeding the disc straight in I had to angle it up a bit, which I thought was odd. When I changed discs to FIFA 14 the system was slow to eject Killzone and accept the FIFA disc.

After it made all kinds of unpleasant noises with the FIFA disc, I ejected it and found a bunch of scuffs on the disc, but they look like they will rub off.

After messing with the disc slot a bit more it's gotten to the point where it seldom takes discs and can't read them when it does.

I still have been unable to reach support.

I like system, from what I've been able to use of it, but this problem is really disappointing.

Message 94 of 1,674 (10,755 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Just got my 400$ brick in the mail too.

**bleep** thing won't take any disc keeps making a grinding sound like it is trying to eject and now it wont even boot without a usb update and since I dont have a usb stick I think I rather throw this peice of **bleep** out at this point.

Message 95 of 1,674 (10,713 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Nov 16, 2013
I was having problems ejecting killzone. I was playing under my account last night and turned it off. Today my wife turned it on under her account to play just dance 2014 and we had problems trying to get a respomse from the eject button. It took a few tries. It was then tough to eject just dance for the same reasons. After trying a blu ray and dvd which ejected fine the games now seem to eject the first time.

Should there be a beep or something to let us know that we were successful in hitting the eject button because its so small. When there is no disk we get a few beeps letting us know there is no disk.
Message 96 of 1,674 (10,713 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Try using the system vertically.  Apparantly the eject button is activating because it is flush with whatever you have it set on when it's laying flat.

Message 97 of 1,674 (10,702 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: PS4 ejecting disc on its own

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

Well i got mine to work a different way, even though my disc isnt stuck in there, this shouldnt be a reccomended way, the console should work right out the box, anyways i found this link

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5061/

Message 98 of 1,674 (10,498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: my ps4 wont insert any discs

Nov 16, 2013

I waited on hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes. He had me do the manual disc eject. Then the start in safe mode, do option number 6, then restart and try loading the disc. Still no luck and now they are sending me a box to send it to them for fixing and then replacement.

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Message 99 of 1,674 (10,669 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I am also having an issue witht he PS4 not ejecting the disc. I put in Killzone and that worked fine. When I popped in Knack, it made a strange, loud, clicking noise and is unable to eject the disc at all. I tried the steps from the faqs and that did not help.

Really frustrated with the issue but I'm glad I'm not the only one with the issue. I hope there will be a way to fix it. Any help is appreciated.

• What title were you trying to eject? Knack
  • Were you installing any game data at the time?  Severla games were downloading
  • Did you see any game or system notifications beforehand (Ready to install notifications, error messages, etc.) Possibly, I cannot recall
  • What troubleshooting steps did you attempt? The steps from the faq, which described how to manually eject the disc. It didn't work. Smiley Sad
Message 100 of 1,674 (10,678 Views)