First Son
1 posts

Re: [INFO] Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

Nov 16, 2013

I tried to insert Battlefield 4 into the drive.  It would not take the disc all the way in, and immediately forced it out.  It has been making the eject noise off and on since.  I have turned it off and restarted it multiple times and the problem persists. 

The system update had finished, no updates were in progress.

No game or system notifications  

Turned off and on twice, no luck

Message 41 of 1,676 (24,626 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Nov 16, 2013

My power cord was loose and this was the first indication I thought my PS4 might be defected. I used PS3's power cord and it worked. I updated the firmware and was able to sign-in to PSN. Watched a few live streams and went to sleep.

I woke up and decided I should finally put a game in my system. Nothing! All I get is a few beep sounds. I'm looking at EternityOfDeath's post and hopes this works for me. I can't even open the disc tray. This is very frustrating, because I took a vacation to play with my PS4. My vacation will be ruined if I can't play anything.

Message 42 of 1,676 (24,583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Won't read any game, COD, FIFA, or AC.  

Blueray is having trouble accepting them once it does it doesn't eject unless i turn the system off.

Tried contacting Sony over 2 hours on hold and finally my phone died.... Will try again now I'm at a charger.

Huge blow to my excitement!

Message 43 of 1,676 (24,398 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Re: PS4 won't read discs

Nov 16, 2013

Same exact problem. The ps4 just keep spitting out my ps3 version of call of duty ghosts that i upgraded to the ps4 version. Then it wont even let me put the disc in at times, and if it does it either spits it back out immideiatly or after a few mns. Really frustrating me. Also, sometimes it sounds like its trying to push a game disc out and nothing is in it, and it keep beeping.

Message 44 of 1,676 (24,299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 won't read discs

Nov 16, 2013

I'm having the same issue. Played a litle NBA 2K and the disc wouldn't eject. Finally tried the manual disc removal that was posted on their FAQ so was able to get the disc out. Now I can't insert another disc.

I tried the vertical position, tried the re-initializing - nothing. Urge to kill....rising.

Message 45 of 1,676 (24,279 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Im having more or less the same problem. It started with me inserting the dice for Battlefield 4 in to the system, at the same time Contrast was being installed from the PSN. It showed the disk reading symbol in the upper right corner of the home screen, all while the disk reader was making a clicking noise. This continued for about 5mins before I tried to eject the disk, the disk did not eject, upon resetting the system the disk ejected. However now if I try to insert a disk into the system, the motor to feed the disk does not engage to feed the disk into the system. Also upon leaving the system turned off and unplugged for 10mins, on start up it makes a sound as if it is still turning to eject a disk and there is nothing inside of it. As well as after it finished starting up again it still does not feed disks into the system.

Message 46 of 1,676 (24,275 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I had the same issue. My battlefield 4 disc just kept spitting out and then even after it was out my system kept trying to spit out a disc. I tried turning my console upright and it worked once until i shut off my ps4 and restarted then it started again. I started into safe mode by holding the power button on the system until it beeps, then i reinstalled the 1.50 update from the menu.  It installed and i didnt lose any of my data on the system itself and success im able to insert my disc and play battlefield 4 again. 

Hope this helps. 

GLHF  - dk

Message 47 of 1,676 (24,243 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Nov 16, 2013
When i switch discs i have to tuen off ps4 wait like 20 minutes then put a new disc in but dvds dont work any help i tried a blu ray and it worked .
Message 48 of 1,676 (24,189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Good to know I'm not the only person with this same exact problem. Maybe there will be a fix soon Smiley Sad

Same issue. Played CoD Ghost Single player for a little bit then realized on I was online. Went to go update Ghost which took over an hour. Went to start up Ghost and PS4 said No Disk Inserted..... Tried everything to get it out and then finally tried the manual eject. Success! But now it won't take any disk Smiley Sad

Message 49 of 1,676 (23,960 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 16, 2013

My system just flat out won't accept discs. When I boot it up, it makes an ejecting sound, even though nothing is in it. 

So, I got a $400 netflix machine.

Message 50 of 1,676 (23,931 Views)
0 Likes