First Son
2 posts

Re: [INFO] Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

Nov 16, 2013

My system wasn't taking discs at all when I first got it (the motor would stop running after about 1/4 of the disc inserted, and it would just sit there).  I tried the vertical orientation trick, and that made inserting discs work normally, even once I put the system back in the horizontal orientation.  However, my drive doesn't actually appear to work.  I never hear it spin up, and I never see any information about the game I inserted on screen.  I've tried this with three different games (Knack, Killzone, NFS) with no luck.

Message 51 of 1,674 (291,496 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 ejecting disc on its own

Nov 16, 2013
Mine is also doing this...I even wiped it and started fresh but it seems to be stuck in some eject cycle...thanks Sony...after 3 consoles you may have just lost me to xbox.
Message 52 of 1,674 (291,185 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013
I put in Call of Duty Ghosts and after playing wanted to switch games. The eject button would not eject the disc so I ejected it using the options button then remove disc. Put in Assassin's Creed and thought I would try to eject disc using button to check of it was CoD that was defective. Same thing happens with Assassin's Creed. Can only eject using the options menu, actually eject button does not work. Tried initializing system and reinstall update but doesn't work. Now my Assassins Creed won't eject Smiley Sad
Message 53 of 1,674 (291,461 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: PS4 ejecting disc on its own

Nov 16, 2013
I had tried calling them and was on hold for 51 minutes no answer, I'm thinking the samething like you beerjeff, might lose me to xbox.
Message 54 of 1,674 (291,152 Views)
Monster Hunter
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013
If your ps4 keeps ejecting. This works!!!!. Turn the ps4 off unplug the power chord the turn it upright. Turn the ps4 on and insert the disc now it should work. I played for a bit then turned it off and put the ps4 back horizontally. And It still works. This works for some people hope it helps
Message 55 of 1,674 (291,520 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Based on the above solution, I too was also able to stop the disc drive from attempting to eject a disk that wasnt there.

Original Problem:

I inserted Battlefield 4 and was about 5 minutes into the single-player campaign. At this same time, PS4 was installing the rest of the game in the background. The game suddenly crashed back to the Dynamic Main Menu (Home) and the disc was automatically ejected. A few beeps then came from the PS4. PS4 then repeatedly, in about 10 second intervals, produced a noise from the disc drive that sounded like it was trying to eject a disc that did not exist in the system. At this time, any attempts to re-insert any PS4 game disk failed - the disc seemed like it was being physically blocked from the entering the disk slot. I attempted to completely power off the PS4 and restart it only to have the same noise continue at the regular interval and me still unable to insert a disk. An attempt to re-initialize the system via Safe Mode yielded no change. During this entire time, the system was lying on it's side (horizontally).

The Fix (for me):

• Completely power off the PS4 for a few hours.
  • Unplug the power cord from the system. The PS4 beeps 2-3 times repeatedly,  a few seconds apart (a bit weird considering it was no longer recieving power from a cord).
  • Stand the PS4 vertically.
  • Plug the power cord back in.
  • Turn on the PS4.

The noise has stopped and I have been able to re-initiallize the PS4 with the 1.05 patch. 

I am currently re-setting-up the PS4 and will attempt to play a game off a PS4 disk tomorrow.

I hope this helps. Please be patient with Sony.

Message 56 of 1,674 (291,496 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I had the same issue as well. Went through, played some AC4 just fine, played some COD just fine, lasted basically all day. Took out COD from the disc tray, and tried to load Battlefield, and it made a weird noise and the disc stayed on "loading". Tried to enject it, but it wouldn't eject. Turned the system off, and it ejected my disc then. I turned the device back on and it started trying to continuously eject a disc from the device, even though there was no disc in the system. After some time, it started making an even weirder noise, as if something was lose within the system itself. I haven't touched it since and will be calling Sony tomorrow morning to get this resolved.

Message 57 of 1,674 (291,476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: my ps4 wont insert any discs

Nov 16, 2013

Mine is also contuinually trying to eject a game that is not in there.
I played for about 7 hours or so last night with zero problems. I shut it off by pressing the ps button and shutting it off that way. When i turned it on this morning it said that I had turned it off incorrectly and now I am having this problem.

Message 58 of 1,674 (291,147 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Re: my ps4 wont insert any discs

Nov 16, 2013

EternityOfDeath wrote:

Hey all, I had the same problem with it continuously ejecting and I was able to fix it by doing the following:

Completely power down PS4. Unplug power, HDMI, and any other cables.

Download the update for a new installation of system software from here.

Follow the instructions to start your PS4 in safe mode, and Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)

Once everything in installed and you have set up your profile and are on the home screen, then insert your game disk.

I did this and everything is working perfectly now. Hope this helps.

This works, already tried it, step by step.
If anyone else is having this problem. I'm not sure if it will permanently fix it, or if it is temporary.
Just keep the update on your thumb drive if you have to do it again.

Message 59 of 1,674 (291,130 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Auto Eject

Nov 16, 2013

my PS4 autoejects every game i try to put in there. and sometimes the ps4 sounds like its trying to eject even if there isnt any disc in the tray and if it does accept it, i play for a few minutes and then it ejects the game. and this is accompanied by beeping... a lot of beeping. it drives me nuts.

Message 60 of 1,674 (290,864 Views)