Highlighted
First Son
19 posts

Re: Next Gen My Ramen Noodle Eating Rear End !

Apr 1, 2014
Oh man, Vodka, great post man!
Message 21 of 32 (226 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Apr 16, 2014

i think the PS4 is worse than the PS3, stuttering graphics, crashes way too much, lack of games and hardware. You  fan boys can put it anyway you want to, the PS4 is a waste of money, a pile of trash with less features than the last one.

Talking of last one, this is my last one.  Back to the PS3 I go.

Message 22 of 32 (200 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

May 3, 2014

Again ding dong, if you had read the thread, you would have noticed i was asked about certain aspects of early adopter of tecnology and how i managed it which required the history. Get a brain will ya ? 

Message 23 of 32 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

May 10, 2014

First of all i want to thank you for a polite and well reasoned reply. Secondly , you summed up the machinations i attempted to the fullest extent of my ability to compair the information to the xb1. however , with my opinion of BIll Gates and MicroSoft as the scum of humanity and the corporate community , there was never any chance i'd gone with the xb1. That being said though, there were hints in the language that the mp3/audio cd concerns being corrected before the launch. And the Sony hyperbole gnomes were all buzzing around the net as to just how wonderful the ps4 was going to be. Witt he the exception of 4k resolution support, the streaming could have been added to the ps3 with a patch and the hd camera could have been aTdapted via a usb.

The whole purpose of my post to begin with was to point out the entire lack of the "HOLY MOSES " GREAT GURUS BATMAN " There was no need imho to even produce the ps4 as a next gen device as this could have in all likelyhood been offered as an expansion device that enhances the ps3 and gives it the ability to use HDMI 1.4 to its full potential, all at a much cheaper. I'll say it till my fingers bleed from typing , this is the ONLY TIME IN THE HISTORY OF PLAYSTATIONS THAT THE NEWEST DIDN'T BLOW THE PREVIOUS INCARNATION OF ITSELF OFF THE PLANET.

So , i'm guilty of assumimg it would, and SHOULD have all the features and more than its previous versions? Its a reasonable expectation to make, especially with the info WIKIPEDIA had on it leading up to the launch. So the lesson here then is to make sure any car you buy in future will have a steering wheel like the earlier versions. .And  and new washing machines have  2 rocks and directions to the closest stream. And next gen mp3 players have the usb ports sold seperately. Seems like good business acumen to me,lol.None of this is personal or made to make insulting. It is however  designed to point out in an exaggerated fashion a growing and disturbing trend in marketing. The ole bait and switch is back with a new disguise 

Thanks again for your input , it was a welcome opinion amongst a briar patch of fanboys.

Message 24 of 32 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

May 10, 2014
Am I missing something? The last response from someone other than you was April 16th and you are replying May 2nd and 10th, am I just not seeing other peoples responses or are you talking to yourself?
Message 25 of 32 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2943 posts

May 10, 2014

gregstone wrote:

The whole purpose of my post to begin with was to point out the entire lack of the "HOLY MOSES " GREAT GURUS BATMAN " There was no need imho to even produce the ps4 as a next gen device as this could have in all likelyhood been offered as an expansion device that enhances the ps3 and gives it the ability to use HDMI 1.4 to its full potential, all at a much cheaper. I'll say it till my fingers bleed from typing , this is the ONLY TIME IN THE HISTORY OF PLAYSTATIONS THAT THE NEWEST DIDN'T BLOW THE PREVIOUS INCARNATION OF ITSELF OFF THE PLANET.

The problem with saying that "This is the only time in the history of PlayStations that the newest didn't [blow the other ones away]" is not only an opinion, but there's only been 4 PlayStation consoles. Which is a relatively small sample size. I won't argue that the PS4 isn't far from perfect, it's not, but this is a new age for consoles. Now-a-Days things can simply be patched in to consoles to alter how they perform or work rather than you having to run into a store to pick up a new console. I can't say for sure, but I'm willing to bet 2 years down the line the PS4 will perform drastically different than it does now simply due to the fact things can be added / removed with enough feedback in almost no time (depending on what the change is, of course). I personally LOVE my PS4. I still love my PS3 as well, but I personally prefer the PS4 over the PS3 for the easier use and better social features. That's just me though. The PlayStation 2, which I personally alone with a ton of other gamers Worldwide believe to be one of the if not the greatest video game console ever, had people picking it apart and saying it stunk. It's all a matter of preference. 

In closing, the PS4 doesn't do everything that the PS3 does, just like the PS3 doesn't do everything the PS4 does. The PS4 was released with features that the "higher ups" really wanted or needed included out of the box with the knowledge that most of the things that people would want afterwards could be patched in down the road. Which was reiterated in this Shuehei Yoshida interview regarding DLNA support.

Message 26 of 32 (164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 10, 2014

I agree 100% I still have my ps 3 and i went and bought a new one to keep in the box incase my old one brakes down sony does not care one bit what there customers want its all about what they want so i have no plans at all to buy a ps4 in the near future

Message 27 of 32 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
27 posts

May 10, 2014
Least we don't have to buy a multi tap for multiple player games. That was thing I hated the most multi tap for four player gaming on ps1 and ps2.
Message 28 of 32 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2943 posts

May 10, 2014

snakshak wrote:

sony does not care one bit what there customers want its all about

That couldn't be further from the truth. Check out the latest PS4 update as an example. People have been clamoring for the ability to dim the DS4 light, ability to preload games bought digitally, and for the ability to turn HDCP off. They listened and included those things into the update. Saying they don't care or listen isn't a truthful statement at all. 

Message 29 of 32 (147 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2014

I have better things to do than troll around my posting waiting to hear from ignoramuses to try to defend this hunk of crap. Some people have a hard time accepting the truth , and i'm not willing , nor inclined to point it out to them. Does this explain the lengthy periods between my responses ? 

Message 30 of 32 (96 Views)
0 Likes