First Son
1 posts

Re: Ps4 Keeps turning on randomly, ejects game disc

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2014

I have 3 ps4's in my house, my son's two boys have their own and I have one as well. Their PS4's does not do this problem that most of all of you have explained. Only mine does and The last thing I want to do is send in my PS4 to get serviced for a month. I am upset with Sony for not getting this issue fixed. If they are having people send PS4's in to get this resolved then it must be a hardware issue not a software issue. If anybody finds out how to fix it post asap, thanks.

Message 31 of 95 (4,018 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Apr 1, 2014
I have had this problem for a few months now and I finally called Sony. They explained to me that the reason our PS4 consoles are doing this is because we have corrupted data on our hard drives. To fix this is simple. Backup anything on the hard drive that you NEED and then initialize your PS4. It will do a full re boot and your PS4 will turn on as if it came out fresh out of the box. Ive had my PS4 in standby mode for 2 days and no issues yet.
Message 32 of 95 (3,985 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 5, 2014

This did not work for me it continued to do the ejection loop even after a full wipe/initialization.

Message 33 of 95 (3,902 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Come on Sony, this is a mess. Mine just did that crap. Scared the mess out of me. No resolution yet?

Message 34 of 95 (3,809 Views)
First Son
6 posts

May 2, 2014
My PS4 just did it while I was playing my PS3. Went to put the disk back in and it won't take it. My PS4 legit broke itself. Called Sony and they are making me send it in I'm so **bleep** right now
Message 35 of 95 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014
Same issue here. This will be my 3rd ps4. Since they laid off all sony techs and closed stores, I cant go to the local mall and trade it in this time. Anyone tried the screw tightening thing mentioned here near the hard drive?

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1xsi2f/ps4_auto_eject_disc_problem_fix/

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5061

Message 36 of 95 (3,450 Views)
First Son
9 posts

May 6, 2014
WOW, it's really shocking to see that Sony hasn't gotten hold of this yet. The only thing that's been working for me so far is unplugging the system when it's not in use. It doesn't seem like a concrete plan but it's the best I've got.
Message 37 of 95 (3,436 Views)
First Son
4 posts

May 8, 2014

I just called SONY and he walked me through the "Screw tightening process" Which is provided here

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5061/kw/5061

I did this and it worked just fine. I'm able to put my game back in and play but I'm not sure for how long. 

Though this is very frustrating and sony should have a better fix for this issue because why should a person have to open their playstation up once a month just to fix this issue. 

I don't plan on buying any more disc anyways because I enjoy not having to insert a disc when I want to play another game, so all of my games will be bought via psn store. 

I hope this helps somebody. 

Message 38 of 95 (3,392 Views)
First Son
4 posts

May 8, 2014

Yes it works just fine.

Message 39 of 95 (3,390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 10, 2014
So I've had mi ps4 for a week only and today while i was having breakfast it turned on by itslef and ejected the bd, i seriously thought it was possesed but seriously will there ever be a solution for this issue? I read this at AVForums

"This is actually a common issue. On the playstation official forum there is a thread about it with 300+ pages so far.

There are 2 causes for the issue.

The rubber foot underneath the eject button, rests on the eject button. The rubber foot can be removed easily. I chopped off the little end that rubs the eject button, and it hasn't happened since.

The other cause is heat. The eject and the power button are very heat sensitive. I hope Sony fix this in a firmware update otherwise the summer months are going to be a nightmare. You can test it by blowing a hairdryer onto the front of your PS4, from a distance."

My eyes can't believe what they have seen.
Message 40 of 95 (3,320 Views)
0 Likes