Feb 16 2014
By: Kargax First Son 3 posts

Ps4 Keeps turning on randomly, ejects game disc

96 replies 31448 views Edited Feb 16, 2014
Hello I bought my ps4 on launch day and it's been working really great till this week. My ps4 keeps turning on by itself, ejects the game disc, do some weird noises and then it won't let me put the disc back in until I unplug it. Now this has happened twice this week first time did it on the middle of the night and it was really scary since I had no idea of what was going on, this afternoon happened again. What is going on? Is there some kind of ghost living inside my ps4? lol
Seriously how is it possible for the ps4 to turn on and eject the disc by itself??
Should I take my ps4 to Sony for it to be repaired or get a new one?
Should I be worried about this? How do I make it stop?
Thanks
Message 1 of 97 (31,448 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Ps4 Keeps turning on randomly, ejects game disc

Feb 16, 2014
Same things happens with my ps4.....my ps4 after doing this keeps randomly beeping until I turn it on again
Message 2 of 97 (31,430 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Feb 16, 2014
Anyone?
Message 3 of 97 (31,407 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 19, 2014

yea same thing happening to mine maybe the eject is heat sensitive?

Message 4 of 97 (31,361 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 19, 2014

I have this exact problem... I thought there was a ghost doing this. But seriously, I've tried cleaning the eject button thinking maybe it was getting flagged by dust or somekind of heat but when this happens (which seems to be once a week at least) I don't have anything running that's near it.

It's crazy how I can be watching tv when my PS4 decides to wake up from standby and eject the disk by itself when my controller is no where near me and nothing is around the PS4. 

I've also had an issue when this happens where it won't let you put the disk back in. I've found that shutting down the PS4, unplugging the power for 5 minutes, then turning everything back on allows me to get back up and running and it will accept disks after that.

I haven't contacted support yet since I just installed the new 1.61 firmware to see if it helps with it, if not I'm going to report it to them and see what they say.

Message 5 of 97 (31,350 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Just an update. Firmware 1.61 didn't resolve the ejecting issue. I'm going to contact support and see what they have to say about it.

Message 6 of 97 (31,293 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago, but stopped after a couple days. then yesterday and today every time I try to watch a bluray about 5-10 mins in itll just eject the disc and then wont let me put it back in. It'll keep trying to eject it even after its out and constantly beeps even while turned off.  The first few times it happened I was able to fix it long enough to watch one movie by booting into safe mode and reinstalling the fw. However it would do it again for each new movie and I'd have to repeat the process.  Finally after the 4th movie I was watching over the last couple days even reinstalling the fw didnt work. Not sure what to do at this point, but I have a feeling its the fw's fault becasue for me all this stuff happened immediately after the first fw that introduced support for the ps3 headsets. This never happened before that fw.

Message 7 of 97 (31,277 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Every night when I am done playing, I turn off the PS4 with the game inside. I wait a few minutes and it turns itself on then kicks the game out. This is totally creepy.

If there is no game in the PS4 it doesn't turn itself on. That's it. I am calling Sony and finding out why I can leave a game in my system. This is totally a software issue and should be fixed soon. Everyone is haveing some type of disc inserting/ejecting issue.

Message 8 of 97 (31,183 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Mar 2, 2014

This issue is so wide spread!!Mine randomly ejects discs when in standby mode..experienced it twice in a month!!Hope it's a firmware issue.

Message 9 of 97 (31,168 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Same thing happening here, it happened mid game while playing FIFA a while back and now has happened twice in short sucesession.

Where do I report this issue?

Message 10 of 97 (31,076 Views)