First Son
9 posts

Re: Share Feature Not Working Correctly

Nov 25, 2013

I'm experiencing the same exact thing. I posted a thread about it, I'll just copy/paste my post right here:

So according to the official feature and how it works, the share button records the "last" 15 minutes of gameplay when you hit the "Share" Button on the controller. However, MUCH to my annoyance and confustion, in many cases it actually records the FIRST 15 minutes of gameplay... So say I just finished a session of Call of Duty Ghosts and I want to upload my sick 15 Killstreak, I hit the share button and it brings up gameplay footage from a session that took place an hour ago when I first booted up the game... I thought if I hit the share button again it would bring up the last 15 minutes like it should have in the first place, but no, it just recorded the first 30 seconds after I had hit the share button the first time... And it's not just Call of Duty's multiplayer, it's also Resogun and Killzone; so I know it's not just CoD Ghosts... This has been beyond frustrating for me...

Has anyone else been running into the issue? I don't know why the recording cycle gets hung up all the time, but it sure as hell does. ALOT. I've only been able to successfully upload a clip twice out of the dozens of times I've attempted to use this feature...

I thought this might have been something I could change in the settings, but I couldn't find anything to change it or find out what's causing the issue...

I'm getting really, really frustrated at the fact that it records the first 15 minutes, and not the last 15 minutes... If someone could please give me a hot-link to report this issue, I'd appreciate, cuz this **bleep** needs to get fixed ASAP....

Message 10 of 605 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

happening to me too. this needs to be added to a bug list for the next  FW update

Message 11 of 605 (674 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Share Button Doesn't Always Work

Nov 27, 2013

So, I lost a number of really awesome clips today from BF4...

Every time I immediately hit the Share button right after the cool thing happened (like when I jumped over a team mate and flew a good 30 feet into the air, it was nuts!) thinking that would capture it, but alas no. Every single clip I thougth I saved today is gone.

In fact I think out of several hours of gaming today the **bleep** thing only caught the 1st 30 minutes of the entire session.

What the hell Sony? 

Message 12 of 605 (839 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Re: Share Button Doesn't Always Work

Nov 27, 2013

It captures the time after you click share i think, pretty stupid. Im not sure though

Message 13 of 605 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Share button saving wrong video

Nov 27, 2013
I have the same issue.
Message 14 of 605 (767 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 27, 2013

Same issue for me.

Message 15 of 605 (642 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 27, 2013

Still having this issue also

Message 16 of 605 (636 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 27, 2013

I am also having similar issue, although I have only tried once to share video. It captured video from at least an hour prior.

Message 17 of 605 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Nov 28, 2013

Yeah there's a bug involved here for sure. I opened up a seperate thread about this and have a few friends that are running into similar issues. Specifically with Killzone.

Message 18 of 605 (743 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

share button not recording

Nov 28, 2013
I was playing some bf4 today and I had just gotten an awesome 8 person kill streak acr-ew. I went to hit the share button and my gameplay footage wasn't there. All it had saved was the first 15 mins of gameplay and at this point I had already been playing an hour. Has anyone else noticed this? It's like it only records the first 15 mins and then stops until you hit the share button again then it starts back up.
Message 19 of 605 (886 Views)
0 Likes