Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Re: share button not recording

Nov 28, 2013

StuddMuffin06 wrote:
I was playing some bf4 today and I had just gotten an awesome 8 person kill streak acr-ew. I went to hit the share button and my gameplay footage wasn't there. All it had saved was the first 15 mins of gameplay and at this point I had already been playing an hour. Has anyone else noticed this? It's like it only records the first 15 mins and then stops until you hit the share button again then it starts back up.

Theres 3 options hitting share function. Photo of current screen shot. 15 min recording saved on your PS4 or live stream. There is no hit one button record hours of game play .

Message 20 of 605 (616 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Nov 28, 2013
No. He's talking about how it is supposed to continuously record the most recent 15 minutes, and is instead only recording the first 15 minutes.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 605 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Re: Share button saving wrong video

Nov 28, 2013
me too

can a mod please let us know if Sony knows about this bug?
Message 22 of 605 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Nov 28, 2013
Here's how it works. You hit your button and it records last 15 min of play. So if you hit record on that last awesome kill that kill will be at the very end. Hope this helps. Mine has worked flawlessly.

My issue is, once you record the video you can't do a single thing with it. Shrug.
Message 23 of 605 (597 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 29, 2013
I have been noticing the same issue. It seems like it is saving 15 minutes from about an hour prior and then doesn't delete that cached video after it has recorded. This definitely seems like a bug that needs to be looked at.
Message 24 of 605 (579 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Nov 29, 2013
The issue I'm having is like what was described by slak0r. It will record but only the first 15 mins of gameplay. For example I'm playing bf4, and I get an awesome kill about 45 mins into the game. So I hit the share button and go to upload the video and trim it. The thumb nail of the video looks correct but what was actually recorded was the first 15 mins of gameplay. I was under the impression that it is always recording and that it will auto delete the cached video. I know I can just double tap the share button to start a recording and double tap it again when I'm done, but this is kind of a hassle and I'm also not guaranteed that awesome kill. I'm nothing major but it is disappointing when you do get those sessions game moments and you want to share them but they aren't there. This also happens in kzsf too.
Message 25 of 605 (564 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Share Button Doesn't Always Work

Nov 30, 2013
Seriously!! It doesn't work properly! I'll hit the share button, and half the time the footage I wanted wasn't recorded!!! it'll sometimes give the right preview screenshot, but will be older footage and not the footage I was wanting. **bleep**!!!
Message 26 of 605 (557 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Share Issue

Nov 30, 2013
So, my friend and I have been having the same issue. Please tell us what we're doing wrong.

I've been playing a lot of BF4 multiplayer and I've been wanting to share a lot of my gameplay via video from my online games. So, when a good moment happens, I hit the share button, it pulls up the share menu, and then I exit it and head back into the game.

The problem is that when I go back to view/ edit the footage, the last 15 minutes were not captured; it's usually around 10 min captured.

The thumbnail of the captured video shows the screenshot of when I hit the share button, but the actual video doesn't bring me up to that point. It's only recorded to about five minutes prior to me hitting the button.

This is super frustrating, as the videos generally miss the footage I'm trying to capture. It happens almost every time.

Anyone have a solution? Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks!
Message 27 of 605 (575 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 30, 2013
This same issue is happening to my friend and me.
Message 28 of 605 (549 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 30, 2013
Does anyone know anything about this?!
Message 29 of 605 (539 Views)
0 Likes