First Son
22 posts

PS4 share feature is a joke

Nov 30, 2013

You know how it apparently "records the last 15 minutes of what you're doing"... Well everytime I wanna share a video it either didn't record the part I want, or it just didn't record the gameplay at all... Great false advertising Sony

Message 30 of 605 (1,009 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: PS4 share feature is a joke

Nov 30, 2013

im haveing no issues with it at all

Message 31 of 605 (999 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2013

I don't understand? I press the share button and the last 15 mins or less of what I did is always there....

It starts recording after you exit "blocked scenes" and ends the recording when you enter blocked scenes, hope that helps.

P.S. You can double tap the share button to also start recording. Also there are times where the user does things like put the console into standby/off mode or pretty much interrupt the finalization of the footage in which it gets corrupted/deleted.

Message 32 of 605 (997 Views)
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Dec 1, 2013
I have this issue as well. Seems like a sync issue, it remembers 15 minutes far behind what I am actually doing and want to share, it doesn't keep up at all I dont get it.
Message 33 of 605 (954 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Dec 1, 2013

I've had no problems recording the parts of gameplay I want. I've only had issues uploading the content itself.

Whenever I want it to start recording where I choose, I double click the Share button, and it sets a starting point. If I only want to record let's say... 5 minutes of gameplay and not the entire 15 minutes, I just click the Share button and it sets the end point. You can also edit the clips in 5 second intervals to trim more precisely. It's a good feature to have in case you forget to set a start/end point. This method has worked 100% of the time for me so far.

Message 34 of 605 (946 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Re: Share Issue

Dec 1, 2013

I suggest you manually set your starting point when recording certain parts of gameplay that you want.

Double click the Share button to set your starting point. The PS4 will automatically start recording whenever you're playing, but setting your own starting point will ensure that you're capturing the parts you want. When you reach the 15 minute mark, it should automatically end the recording at that time and then you can go into the built-in editor and trim it to your liking. On the other hand, if you want to end the recording at a specific point before the 15 minute mark, you just press the Share button once and it will automatically end that recording.

This is what I've been doing and it's always worked for me. Hope that helps you somewhat.

Message 35 of 605 (807 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Share button saving wrong video

Dec 1, 2013

I too am finding this happen while playing BF4.  I finally get that great sniper shot off, wait a minute or two and then hit the share button. As suspected the screen shot goes right away, but the video that is used is from another match at least a half hour ago. Not the end of the world, but would like to capture my random neat things that happen.

Message 36 of 605 (721 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Re: Share button saving wrong video

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2013
There is nothing wrong with the share feature. I tried my test on five games - knack, rival, black flag, contrast, and resound. If I double press the share button I lose my last 15 min of gameplay and it starts a recording from that point on. A short press or long press is the KEY

I was having the same problem n couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. My problem was that I was DOUBLE PRESSING the share button. When you double press the share button a little video frame with a red dot pops up in the top right corner of the screen so i thought that was saving my last 15 min not realizing that it was creating a new save from that point When I lost my platinum trophy pop-up video clip of KNACK I was pretty **bleep** so I decided to try n figure out what the hell was going on

In short you only want to short press or long press (depending on your SHARE control type) the share button. DO NOT double press the share button

Below is a long explanation....
I don't know what/how your share setting is but I was having the same problem until I realized a couple of things. Here is what you should do. Once you bring up the screen that lets you "upload video clip" "upload screen shot" or "broadcast gameplay" by pressing the share button, press the option button and go into share settings. From there the share button control type. If you look on the bottom of that page it says "*At the same time, a screenshot from the moment you pressed the SHARE button and a video clip of your last 15 minute of gameplay are created. Note that the two control type creates your gameplay differently.

So if you have it as standard control type short press of the share button will display menu and create (SAVE) your last 15 min of gameplay

If you have it set as easy control type long press of the share button will display menu and create (SAVE) your last 15 min of gameplay

I believe when you double press the share button your last 15 min is no longer availabe and not SAVE/CREATED and you start a new recording from that point on

Just be aware of how you set up your share button control type and make sure you DO NOT double press the share button. only do that after you CREATE/SAVED your last 15 min clip n you want to record what's coming up. Once I realized that I have zero problem with my share feature. I have tried it many times and it never fails. each time I double press the share button the last video clip is of different time
Message 37 of 605 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Dec 1, 2013
You have to realize that a "SHORT PRESS", "LONG PRESS" , and "DOUBLE PRESS" of the share button does different things depending on how you have your SHARE button control type. You can change it in the settings from your share page.

DOUBLE PRESS WILL NOT CREATE/SAVE your last 15 min of gameplay but will start recording from that point on. Most people that's having issues mistake the frame with the red dot that pops up in the top right corner when double pressing the share button as ps4 saving their last 15 min. Instead what it's doing is starting a new save from that point forward

You have to either SHORT PRESS or LONG PRESS the share button to CREATE/SAVE your last 15 min. Not DOUBLE PRESS. think of DOUBLE PRESS as DELETE ALL AND START OVER FROM THIS POINT button

I've tried it on multiple system playing 6 or 8 different games and all works exactly the same
Message 38 of 605 (905 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Re: Share Button Doesn't Always Work

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2013

I see that some people are having problems with the share feature where it was saving from different time than the last 15 min. My test on 5 games of few hours of play/test after i realized it didnt save my KNACK platnium trophy pop up gameplay has resulted in this...

The "SHORT PRESS", "LONG PRESS", and the "DOUBLE PRESS" of the share button do different things. Remember this

Ps4 is constantly recording your game. Until you SHORT PRESS or LONG PRESS the share button your last 15 minute of gameplay is NOT being CREATED/SAVED. If you DOUBLE PRESSED the share button you just lost your last 15 min of gameplay

1) NO NOT double press the share button unless you want to lose your last 15 min and start a new recording from that point on. I think most people that was having problem with share mistakenly believed that the little pic of video frame with red dot that pops up on the top right was the system saving the last 15 min. Instead what it was doing was saving video from that point on.

2) You either "short press" or "long press" the share button to bring up the share menu. You can change how you bring up the menu from pushing the share button by pressing option on share menu screen. The short or long press of the share button is how you CREATE/SAVE your last 15 min gameplay along with your screen shot

3) NO NOT double press the share button. Think of that as DELETE AND START OVER FROM NOW button. If you read what that does - "Set start point for video clip" in the settings you know it starts a new recording

Hope this helps those of you that was confused about the share feature

Message 39 of 605 (789 Views)