First Son
2 posts

Re: Share Button Doesn't Always Work

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2013

Glad to see I wasn't the only one having this problem. Came to the forums to make a thread because I lost some awesome KZ footage I would've loved to show some friends who are still on the fence about getting a PS4.

Seems to be the problem I might be having is I'm hitting the button two times because it doesn't immediately show up when you hit it the first time. I have to imprint into my brain to not hit it twice because this will happen, explains a lot to me lol Smiley Sad All the awesome material I lost, like my first time landing first place on KZ :'(

In my opinion they should have an option to recover deleted footage just incase this happens.

Message 40 of 605 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Dec 1, 2013

I am constantly running into this issue. Every time I try recording, instead of recording the last 15 minutes, it'll record the FIRST 15 minutes of gameplay when I first started playing the game. A massive amount of time could pass between the first 15 minutes and the last 15 minutes, yet it'll constantly record the wrong stuff. I lossed an epic collateral sniper kill in BF4 because of this.

Either fix this BS broken crap or give us HDMI recording. At least there I won't lose anything and maybe then the darn audio will work with BF4.

Message 41 of 605 (368 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: PS4 share feature is a joke

Dec 1, 2013

Glad it works for all y'all who said it does... it works 80% of the time for me, but there are those times where it doesn't record up to what i'm doing and my latest clips are from the last multiplayer match I played and not up to my most recent... Like I said it doesn't happen all the time, but unfortunately for me it does happen. BTW thanks for the info on double tapping and holding the share button, didn't even know that feature existed!

Message 42 of 605 (466 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 1, 2013

BTW does anyone know if there will be a patch where we can just share directly to the whats new feed instead of having to share thru facebook? Thanks

Message 43 of 605 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6854 posts

Dec 1, 2013

FROSTY_KILLA_007 wrote:

BTW does anyone know if there will be a patch where we can just share directly to the whats new feed instead of having to share thru facebook? Thanks

Seams your completely confused.

There is zero file Hosting with out Facebook.

Facebook Stores the Files for all shared Uploads... All user content feed does is link to Face book to play the video.... as its tagged with the users profile...

This is why Youtube is not used yet as youtube needs to update there servers to allow the PSN detaills to be stored and to link to PSN for streaming... 

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 44 of 605 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2013

did

Message 45 of 605 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Dec 1, 2013

no prob.  thats how i lost my platnium unlocking video clip.  i accidently double press the share button to start a new recording.  that sucked.

Message 46 of 605 (430 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Dec 1, 2013

I wasn't getting this problem until I switched the short and long press so that short press = screenshot and long press = video. Have all you guys done that?

Message 47 of 605 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Dec 1, 2013

i could have had it set either way.  it all works perfect for me when i tested it on several ps4.  my culprit was the double press of the share button.  all is good now.

Message 48 of 605 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2013

did you read the second post above yours. If you are doing it that way and its still not working right then i don't know. but that method works the same way on several system i tested it on playing about 8 different games

Message 49 of 605 (317 Views)
0 Likes