First Son
30 posts

Re: PS4 share feature is a joke

Dec 1, 2013
Frosty, Did you swap between the home screen and game at some point before you hit share?
Message 60 of 605 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Re: Share Button Doesn't Always Work

Dec 1, 2013
i havent notice if for me the share feature does record my last 15mins or so of gameplay or not.. i've only used it like twice but just like with everything else i believe it does have some glitches in it im sure
Message 61 of 605 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Re: Share Issue

Dec 1, 2013
i think the share feature still has a few bugs in it for sure.. i've only used it a few times but i do recall not seeing a full 15mins of gameplay, it was more like 10mins 27secs or something random like that.. i have it all on default, i have yet to try using the double press share button method.. but yea im very sure theres still some bugs in it
Message 62 of 605 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 1, 2013
I called PS4 support and they said I might've been running out of capture space on the HDD. The associate said that the PS4 will cap at 1 hour of gameplay video and that I may have hit that causing the strange recording behavior.

I've deleted all my captures, so I will see if that fixes the issue.

I definitely think there's some bugs with the system though. For one, I wish it was more streamlined: there should be a share button configuration that allows you to capture a screenshot and the last 15 minutes of gameplay without bringing up the share menu; it is so, tedious to bring up the share menu in a multiplayer match just to capture an awesome moment that just happened.

Also, bringing up the share menu in the XMB (or whatever its called now) to edit videos and upload them, creates an unnecessary screenshot of my XMB. Before I deleted all my captures, I had so many screenshots of my XMB from when I tried to upload my videos.

I really like this feature, but it needs improvement.
Message 63 of 605 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Dec 1, 2013
i think i understand what you are saying. i didn't mean that it records in a 15 min chunk. like if i had a video for 8 min. it didn't use up a 15 min of data. what i was saying is that if i DOUBLE PRESS the share button and let it record for 25 min. the first recording will go for 15 min and the second recording will only record 10 min and only use 10 min data chunk and not the 15. i just checked the two videos i made back to back and its like half a second from end of one to beginning of second. not bad
Message 64 of 605 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Dec 1, 2013
yeah there needs to be another option or two so that it records past event without bringing up the menu. but i can see how peoples HD get filled up really fast because they didn't know they were recording because they hit the share button on accident
Message 65 of 605 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Dec 1, 2013
now thats one thing i didn't bother to check in all my play tests. going back out to home screen. although i remember when i was trying to see if it recorded/saved me checking my trophy list from homescreen the portion of that time was my game play of me just standing there. the video clip was there. hmmm i may have to run this test all over again. thx for the heads up
Message 66 of 605 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 1, 2013

When i hit the share button it only saves previously played matches, never the one i'm in. games from hours prior to hitting the share button. please fix? throwing knives embarrassing players everywhere that i can't allow the world to see. Black Ops 2 had a better rendering system

Message 67 of 605 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Dec 1, 2013
Are you swapping over to the home screen between matches before you hit share?
Message 68 of 605 (233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: PS4 share feature is a joke

Dec 2, 2013
No never just went directly into share
Message 69 of 605 (205 Views)
0 Likes