Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Re: We are no longer asking Sony now demanding a fix for error ce-34878-0

Apr 1, 2014

Take a moment to read the links i provided on the EU and US forum...several people have i myself am on #3 some people are up to #8 swapping out the console has not fixed the issue for anyone thus far.  

Your continued comments really show your only intent here is to troll and offer nothing useful to the conersation, as such i am simply adding you to ignore and bringing this to the attention of a moderator.  If your PS4 works fine without issue than why aren't you using it instead of posting here? Or doing something else instead of blatant trolling.  

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 21 of 40 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: We are no longer asking Sony now DEMANDING a fix for error ce-34878-0

Apr 1, 2014

uh--oh wrote:

"You sound young...feel for your fellow gamer because he can't have fun with his new console like you can.

I'm a 30 year old man. By no means am I young. As I already said, I understand how he feels about it. I just tried to assure him that it would get fixed even though it is taking longer than he expects. I don't appreciate you saying that I'm being stupid. For the last time, I'm trying to help. Would you prefer that I shut up so that no one can get help or assurance? That's what forums are for. People express their concerns and others try to help. How is that being stupid if somebody want to help someone?

“To the strongest!”

I shall return soon...
Message 22 of 40 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Apr 1, 2014
@psxsage

People with working PS4's don't go on them 24/7, I don't know what you heard.
Message 23 of 40 (213 Views)
MVP Support
11295 posts

Apr 1, 2014

psxsage wrote:

And that's all good and fine..but we haven't even had an update or response to the issue for over 2+ months now...nevermind even a fix...Surely even YOU Skruffpunk must admit communication to it's customers about the issue is poor at best?  I doubt i or other customers would be update if at LEAST we were getting communicated to further about the issue.  But we are not even getting that..they are blantly ignoring their customer base.  As for it being fixed in the next system update i really doubt that,we have had a few in the 3+ months we have been waiting none of which address it (nor do i expect the next one will).   And if as you say Sony is "working dilligently" on the issue you would think a line of communication would at least be open and at least TELL us more about what is going on,i can't speak for everyone but that would at least satisfy me for the moment...but no all we are getting now is /crickets....  So if you find that acceptable as a customer

"That's all I'm going to say about it. If you don't believe me, then that's fine by me"

they have communicated they are aware and are working on it. 

what more do you want? another statement of "we're working on it"? cause until the fix is 100%, that's all you're gonna get. they are not going to make any sort of timetable statements, nor any promises on it *until* they actually have something to state.

there's only so much they can tell us until they figure out exactly what the problem is. i don't know if you know this, but fixing buggy software isn't easy. first you have to reproduce the issue many, many times so you know exactly where the glitch happens/occurs, then work on the fix, then test and retest on all sku's to make sure it doesn't break anything else. then, when all that's said and done, finally get the fix out to us.

the biggest issue i see with that process is reproducing the bug, not everyone gets/has it. that complicates things exponentially. 

not trying to downgrade your issue, i get it, i would be frustrated myself if i kept losing saves. but, the simple fact is, is that they're working on it and when they sort it out, we'll be the first ones to know about it. 

there is a reason the law states we get a 1 year warranty, 2 if you're in the EU. i suggest you use the warranty/exchange systems in place and get another console. i know you don't want to hear that, but it's just the way it is.

as a sidenote, contacting the BBB or FTC will do nothing, especially the BBB. sonys entertainment division (includes the PS division) already has an "F" rating on the BBB. the BBB is an arbitration-type thing and companies DO NOT have to participate. as far as the FTC is concerned, it will take a lot more than just 1 thread and a handful of complaints before they step in.  

regardless of what you may read on forums, this issue is not as big as you think it is. sure, there are people being affected by it, but if you read through those threads, you will find there are a lot of duplicate posters re-posting in those threads, making them larger/longer threads. the only reason it garnered any news is because of the flamewars it would start on the gaming sites. there was that 1 single news story out of this when the EU admin made that post. since then, nothing.

Message 24 of 40 (205 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Apr 1, 2014

For the record Skruffpunk i don't think your being "stupid" nor do i think insults from anyone are needed.  Granted i disagree with you nor do i think you are "helping" but offering another viewpoint wether i agree with you or not is more or less the point of forums.

Second as per the BBB,FTC it's quite normal for a consumer to contact them if the consumer has in good faith tried to deal with the problematic company themselves with no resolution (which i have many others have).  It's not as if someone is threatening to take legal action or anything extreme of that nature people make thousands of complaints to the BBB,FTC daily.  The difference is Sony is required to respond to BBB,FTC complaints where as they are not to a consumer on his/her own making a complaint to Sony directly.

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 25 of 40 (203 Views)
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Apr 1, 2014
@ctfw529

Thank you.

@psxsage

If the forums are flooded as you say with people reporting this issue, then why would you think one more thread is going to make a difference. Let Sony work it will be fixed before you know it.
Message 26 of 40 (199 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Apr 1, 2014

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/computers-hardware-software-and-services/s...

CTFW529 The only rating i see is an A+ where exactly do you see the F?

Secondly CTFW529 the FTC gets involved more often then you'd think,recently their was a major issue with specifically the Galaxy Note 3 with AT&T's variant only due to a software problem AT&T caused that particular forum had about as many responses as the EU forum does for the PS4 issue here and much like this issue several Android news outlets were picking the story up and many consumers did file FTC complaints (and ultimately did get involved and the problem since resolved)  Does it take several complaints before they investigate? Of course! I'd wager around at least a thousand but i don't think that would be too difficult to accomplish.

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 27 of 40 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

psxsage wrote:

For the record Skruffpunk i don't think your being "stupid" nor do i think insults from anyone are needed.  Granted i disagree with you nor do i think you are "helping" but offering another viewpoint wether i agree with you or not is more or less the point of forums...

I am not trying to provide a "viewpoint", I am just trying to explain to you that Sony is listening and they will get it fixed. If you don't agree with me on that, then all hope is lost. Please keep me out of this conversation from now on. I tried to help you, and it's become very obvious that you don't seem to appreciate it, saying that I'm just offering a "viewpoint".  I should have never bothered replying to your thread if I knew it was going to cause this type of  a reaction.

“To the strongest!”

I shall return soon...
Message 28 of 40 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Apr 1, 2014

I think "help" may be a poor choice of words seeing as how their is zero evidence of your claim with no further response or information from Sony other than "We are looking into it" not even an admission it's a widespread issue.  That said no problem i will not reference your name in any future posts on the thread if you cease posting on it.

Cheers

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 29 of 40 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Apr 1, 2014

psxsage wrote:

I think "help" may be a poor choice of words seeing as how their is zero evidence of your claim with no further response or information from Sony other than "We are looking into it" not even an admission it's a widespread issue....

You couldn't be any further from the truth. Now I'm going to block you for refusing to keep me out of this absurd conversation. Cheers.

“To the strongest!”

I shall return soon...
Message 30 of 40 (190 Views)
0 Likes