Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Re: We are no longer asking Sony now DEMANDING a fix for error ce-34878-0

Apr 1, 2014

/sees Car broken down on side of road with well known Engine issue

Hi there! I wanted to "help" you be assuring you Chevy is working on that issue and it will be fixed! I realize this is the 12th time in 3 months it has broken down but rest assured they are working on it!

Hope i helped!

About sums it up @Skruffpunk 

Will do the same and return the block

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 31 of 40 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Apr 1, 2014

psxsage wrote:

Hi there! I wanted to "help" you be assuring you Chevy is working on that issue and it will be fixed! I realize this is the 12th time in 3 months it has broken down but rest assured they are working on it!

And this conversation just keeps getting more and more absurd...

“To the strongest!”

I shall return soon...
Message 32 of 40 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Apr 1, 2014

psxsage wrote:

Hope i helped!

About sums it up @Skruffpunk 

Will do the same and return the block

Oddly enough, that seems to be just what Chevy (well, GM anyway) has been doing with the ignition issue they're facing.

Back on topic, this sounds pretty awful.  Sorry you've had to go through so much frustration.  Here's hoping Sony gets this figured out.  Kinda makes me glad I've stuck with the last generation for the time being...

Please implement Remote Play in PS4 Xenoverse!
Message 33 of 40 (245 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11249 posts

Apr 1, 2014

psxsage wrote:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/computers-hardware-software-and-services/s...

CTFW529 The only rating i see is an A+ where exactly do you see the F?

Secondly CTFW529 the FTC gets involved more often then you'd think,recently their was a major issue with specifically the Galaxy Note 3 with AT&T's variant only due to a software problem AT&T caused that particular forum had about as many responses as the EU forum does for the PS4 issue here and much like this issue several Android news outlets were picking the story up and many consumers did file FTC complaints (and ultimately did get involved and the problem since resolved)  Does it take several complaints before they investigate? Of course! I'd wager around at least a thousand but i don't think that would be too difficult to accomplish.

oh hey, look at that, you're right. for years, they had an F on there. either way, SCEA isn't even BBB accredited. which means, sony does not even acknowledge them, so there's that option out the window. either way, again, sony does not have to respond to the BBB at all. they are a non-profit organization, they are not an arm of the government.

yes, i know the FTC gets invloved, never said they didn't. what i mean is, is that it takes quite a lot to get them involved. furthermore, sony has already stated they're working on a fix. the FTC CANNOT force them to work faster. the FTC will look at the statement they made on the EU forum and it will satisfy them. furthermore, when they contact sony *if* they get enough complaints, sony will tell them the same thing, "we're working on it".

what do you expect the FTC or the BBB to do? send a team to sony to make sure they're working 80 hours a week working on this issue? no, that's not how it works. from the FTCs website - 

Fighting Scams and Fraud

As the nation’s consumer protection agency, the FTC takes complaints about businesses that don’t make good on their promises or cheat people out of money. We share these complaints with our law enforcement partners and use them to investigate fraud and eliminate unfair business practices. Each year, the FTC also releases a report that provides information about the number and type of complaints we receive.

as of right now, sony is fulfilling the above statement whether you think so or not. they have communicated they are aware and working on a fix. they have not cheated you out of money as you can utilize the warranty/exchange anytime you want to, even going so far as to get a complete refund. there is no fraud here. unfair business practices? maybe, depending on your view, but the FTC will need to see a lot more time go by than this.

yes, the FTC has opened up investigations on sony before, but never against SCEA or SEN, it's always been complaints against the music arm for the root-kit deal years ago. and that's no investigations into sony *with* the otheros debacle and/or the outage and i know people on this site were making complaints to these same organizations back then, yet the FTC never opened up an investigation then. well, they did on the outage, but that was to look into sonys security of information, it wasn't complaint-based.

http://www.ftc.gov/search/site/sony

so, in the end, it's up to you. you have 2 choices. either continue on your course of action, stay frustrated, because even if you were to garner enough interest from either organization to open an investigation from the FTC, it would be quite a long time before you see any resolution, the issue would probably be fixed by then anyway. *or* you can decide if waiting isn't in your best interests and move on to a product that fiits your needs better.

i will say this, ever since this issue first came to light, i turned off auto-upload to the cloud and haven't seen this error once on any game. i don't know if it's definately stopped me from getting it, but all of the symptoms i saw from people made me think it's an issue with the upload/download process.

Message 34 of 40 (244 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11249 posts

Apr 1, 2014

psxsage wrote:

I think "help" may be a poor choice of words seeing as how their is zero evidence of your claim with no further response or information from Sony other than "We are looking into it" not even an admission it's a widespread issue.  That said no problem i will not reference your name in any future posts on the thread if you cease posting on it.

Cheers

how "widespread" is it? exactly how many people are being affected? what region are they from? what is their ISP? what is their bandwidth throughput? which model PS4 do they have? do they have PS+? do they have auto-upload turned on? is it happening on 1 game or multiple? etc, etc,...

this, and many, many more questions the engineering team needs to know to narrow down the problem before they can even work on a fix. there are so many variables here, it's almost mind-boggling unless it's your job, or hobby.

you're claiming something you really don't know the full extent on. you say it's "widespread"? can you even give me a number of differing individuals, just on this site, having problems? or, are you just saying it's "widespread" because you see a multi-page thread?

if you want anyone to take you seriously, you need to find out more information for your complaints than "a whole bunch of posts are on playstation.com"...

Message 35 of 40 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: We are no longer asking Sony now demanding a fix for error ce-34878-0

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

NOTE TO MODERATORS:

Please have this thread locked. The person who started the thread has been told by myself and others that his problem is being looked into, but he refuses to reason with us, accusing us of trolling and offering pointless opinions. Furthermore, the user who began this thread has been harassing me by refusing to keep me out of this conversation even after I politely asked him to more than once.  He is now steering the thread off course by bringing up analogies that are irrelevant to the original topic. It is clear that this thread has run its course.

“To the strongest!”

I shall return soon...
Message 36 of 40 (233 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
184 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

Moved to Support

Message 37 of 40 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

Meowstro wrote:

Moved to Support

The thread should be locked, in my opinion. He's been told countless times by myself and other users that his PS4 error problem is being looked into and will get fixed in due time, yet he has refused to acknowledge it. He has incited myself and others by calling us trolls just for trying to help him. Another user went as far as to say I was being stupid for offering my advice. It is important that you know that he has refused to listen to us and acknowledge that his problem will eventually be fixed and thus this thread has run its course and it should be locked immediately before it really gets out of hand.

“To the strongest!”

I shall return soon...
Message 38 of 40 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Apr 1, 2014

I have to say, not sure what the CE-34878-0 error is, hasn't happened to me.  However I have experience an abundance of other issues with my PS4 since the 1.61 update.  My problem is getting the PS4 to boot properly, sometimes I get blinking blue and have to power off manually, sometimes I get blinking blue for 2 seconds and then here a "click" and the system completely shuts off.  I often have to power on and off 3 or 4 times until I can finally get to the UI.  Sometimes during the boot up the system does a "recovery" and other times I get the "improperly shutdown or unplugged" message, and I never touched the plug or power cord.  My point, whether the CE-34878-0 issue, or the issues I seemed to inherit after 1.61, Sony needs to make some sort of rationalized statement and not the very generalized "we are looking into it" response for ALL problems!  Why haven't I got a replacement yet...?  Because my PS4 worked absolutely flawless for 4-1/2 weeks (about 20 gaming sessions) then all of the sudden since Feb 18th I've had nothing but issues.  Because of this "sudden" behavior I can't help but think it is a software/firmware issue, not hardware.  I was hoping 1.62 was the answer, but the system continues to be disorderly.  I'm tired of the "self-troubleshooting" Sony leads me to believe that I am supposed to know more about this system than they do!!!  Check the HDMI, check the power cord, reinitialize, rebuild database...WHY!!??  I paid $400 for a NEW CONSOLE and it has given me more issues in 6 weeks than PS1, PS2, PS3 (PS2, PS3 launch units) combined in 15 years of gaming.  All I want is for Sony to say... "If you are experiencing these issues (example) 1, 2, 3, or 4 we are working on new firmware that will hopefully remedy those issues. A solution may not be available for X months, but we are currently working on it" or "If you are experiencing issues (example) 1, 2, 3, or 4 they are hardware issues that cannot be fixed through updates."  Either of these responses would be much more acceptable than "we are aware of the issues" and "we are working on it"... okay what "issues" and what is the time frame???  I think the real issue is Sony customer service.  If Sony was keeping the customers experiencing "X" issue more up to date and informed, there would be a lot less "crying".  All we want to know is somekind of time frame and/or do I just need to ask for a replacement.

Message 39 of 40 (204 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5310 posts

Apr 1, 2014

Since OP has been given a reasonable answer to this issue this thread is now locked....Thanks! GuardianBelle

Message 40 of 40 (191 Views)
0 Likes