Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Re: 3x sp event again :D

Jul 11, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
Im still SP broke....

I got a heavy suit!

I need a respect. That's the only thing that can fix the situation I'm in.

Did you already request one?   If not just search this community for "reqeuest a respec"  (its right up top, if your reading this just make sure you search board not community for it)

Message 11 of 17 (85 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Chedwidden wrote:

:smileysurprised::smileysad: Ouch!! 

Roughly counting, how much did the heavy suit ultimately cost you in SP?    What, ALL of the SP you won during the 3x event?

...If that's the case, I might plan to buy MY dropsuit last.  Vehicle drivers don't really need a personal suit as much as they need the mods for their vehicles anyway. 

How often can a player request RESPECS?  Is there a limit?

288px-Gallente-flag.jpg

I think it cost me about 3 mil SP to get my gallente proto logi suit, in total with all the SP spent to unlock each level and the stuff to get there

Message 12 of 17 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Jul 11, 2013

:smileyindifferent:  ....My character is Gallente, cuz I liked both the description of the race, AND the nifty living quarters (...Minmatar quarters look like WWII Burma barracks). 

But sometimes I feel like the game right now is a LITTLE biased on the side of Shield-based technology, and it's kinda harder (more SP+ISK) to get equal HP satisfaction with the Armor-based suits and vehicles. 

....3 mill you say....  I too have a proto Gallente suit in mind, so I guess I should expect to sell half my house in SP. 

(Thank Jeez I've already gone through the pain acquiring vehicle and mods without losing ALL my SP to do it..... it took a lot of SERIOUS math with pen and calculator.  Dust 514 is no joke!)

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 13 of 17 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

Chedwidden wrote:

:smileyindifferent:  ....My character is Gallente, cuz I liked both the description of the race, AND the nifty living quarters (...Minmatar quarters look like WWII Burma barracks). 

But sometimes I feel like the game right now is a LITTLE biased on the side of Shield-based technology, and it's kinda harder (more SP+ISK) to get equal HP satisfaction with the Armor-based suits and vehicles. 

....3 mill you say....  I too have a proto Gallente suit in mind, so I guess I should expect to sell half my house in SP. 

(Thank Jeez I've already gone through the pain acquiring vehicle and mods without losing ALL my SP to do it..... it took a lot of SERIOUS math with pen and calculator.  Dust 514 is no joke!)

As a gallente man who is also a Math geek not only do I 100% agree with you but the eHP of a caldari suit compared to a gallente suit, when equipped similarly, also agrees with you :smileywink:.

So yes, right now, people who shield tank enjoy an advantage over those whom armor tank which is further exacerbated by the fact that using shields to extend your eHP doesn't slow you down at all unlike using armor plates to do the same.

I don't complain without solutions though.  To solve it either remove the movement penalty from the armor, add a penalty to the shield, or make the armor more effective per level by 20% (that is add 20% more eHP to each level of plating to bring it up to par with shielding)

My 2 cents.

Message 14 of 17 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Jul 12, 2013
HIJACKED THREAD!!! :smileysurprised:
Message 15 of 17 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

Jul 12, 2013
I thought ccp was not giving out any more respects!
Message 16 of 17 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

waablammmo wrote:
HIJACKED THREAD!!! :smileysurprised:

:smileylol:No waablammmo, not hijacked.  It's all linked to the idea of how valuable TRIPLE SP events are. 

I am a transport pilot. 

So it's like not only needing SP for the protective dropsuit you want, but IN ADDITION needing a whole new stack of SP for the advanced model VEHICLE you want to drive, and ALSO needing a whole other ton of SP for the protective FITTINGS your vehicle will need.

:smileysad:I could have benefitted big if I had entered the triple-SP event.  I'll have to hope and wait for the next one.

288px-Gallente-flag.jpg

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 17 of 17 (59 Views)
0 Likes