Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Re: Anybody want a Dust 514 beta key?

Jul 16, 2012

Are these keys good for another beta after the initial one?

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 62 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Jul 16, 2012
It's getting late so the first thing I'm going to do when I wake up tomorrow is download the beta.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 62 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5468 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Well let's just say I have a lot of friends all over the place and it'll be good to unite them all in once place.

Join BHD MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Shameless clan plug!

I'm shamelessly plugging ALL OVER today!
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 62 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Jul 16, 2012

I read the wiki on this game and it is all very confusing to me.  I don't understand this eve thing.  

Can someone explain it to me in layman's terms?

Also how does a free game make money?  Is there advertising within the game? 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 62 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5468 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Pretty much our game dust will interact with eve online.

Since they can't land on the planets in eve, they hire us the dust players, to go take the planets for them.

And they get 15$ a month by almost 1 million players in eve. Dust is for fun, and costs practically nothing. Just dev costs. We use existing eve super servers so they don't even have to pay extra for them.

They have a currency you can buy called AUR. AUR let's you buy special skined armor. (same stats as the non pay kind just different colors) and you can also buy stuff at an earlier level.

I can buy a rank 5 ar with AUR even if im only rank 4. It's kind of a hybrid. It's better than rank 4 guns, but weaker than 5. So it's just buying yourself a little buffer.

And so far to my dismay, you can buy 1.5x xp. Although that isn't really as impactive on the battlefield, it speeds up character progression, but you have to pay for it. If they made an ISK version I wouldn't complain as much but I digress.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 62 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Pretty much our game dust will interact with eve online.

Since they can't land on the planets in eve, they hire us the dust players, to go take the planets for them.

And they get 15$ a month by almost 1 million players in eve. Dust is for fun, and costs practically nothing. Just dev costs. We use existing eve super servers so they don't even have to pay extra for them.

They have a currency you can buy called AUR. AUR let's you buy special skined armor. (same stats as the non pay kind just different colors) and you can also buy stuff at an earlier level.

I can buy a rank 5 ar with AUR even if im only rank 4. It's kind of a hybrid. It's better than rank 4 guns, but weaker than 5. So it's just buying yourself a little buffer.

And so far to my dismay, you can buy 1.5x xp. Although that isn't really as impactive on the battlefield, it speeds up character progression, but you have to pay for it. If they made an ISK version I wouldn't complain as much but I digress.

Man add me. Lol I played a game match last night, and to my absolute surprise, this game is even more complicated than starhawk was when I first played it. Lmao

hydrosig.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 62 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Jul 16, 2012
^You said it sounded like just your kinda game when I send you a beta code. Ha, told you its a step up from your casual shooter.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 62 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4547 posts

Jul 16, 2012

This is going on the PS3 now?  I want to try...

-------------------

Warhawk/Starhawk Pro/Advanced Flight til the day I die-------------- [BHD] Better Hide or Die
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 62 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Jul 16, 2012
The beta ended today. There's another one in August.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 62 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4547 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Gotcha - thanks for the info.  I'll probably be in Counterstrike Mode by that time (assuming/hoping it's good on PS3)

-------------------

Warhawk/Starhawk Pro/Advanced Flight til the day I die-------------- [BHD] Better Hide or Die
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 62 (92 Views)
0 Likes