Jul 13 2013
By: thesupertman Treasure Hunter 6552 posts
Accepted Solution

Best fit for new players?

6 replies 206 views Edited Jul 13, 2013
Today I told my real life friend about dust and he is getting it tommorrow. I really don't want him to rage quit on the first day of playing.

I want to teach him about the customization and weapons when he gets on.

I was thinking of getting him to use the EXO-5 mass driver on an Amarr militia medium frame. Or a militia forge gun on a militia heavy.

What do you guys think would be a good cheap fit for my noobie friend?
Message 1 of 7 (206 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50097 posts

Re: Best fit for new players?

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
Today I told my real life friend about dust and he is getting it tommorrow. I really don't want him to rage quit on the first day of playing.

I want to teach him about the customization and weapons when he gets on.

I was thinking of getting him to use the EXO-5 mass driver on an Amarr militia medium frame. Or a militia forge gun on a militia heavy.

What do you guys think would be a good cheap fit for my noobie friend?

1)  When you play with them make a new account so they can play in the war college :smileywink:

2) I would have them use the standard, free, BPO fits the game starts him with for the first few games

3) After a few games have him put a gek-38 or non-militia assault rifle into his suit.  Doing so will give you the chance to show him the market, the fittings/loadouts, and the skill system all at once.   Show him how hitting triangle on items in the market brings up the detail menu which shows what skills you need as prerequisites.  Then you can bring him to the skill menu, show him how to unlock the books for those skills, then have him train them.  Then you can show him how to put the new AR into one of those BPO suits by copying one of them first (so he doens't lose the default free ones) and having him put the gek in it.  At that point explain that each time he dies he loses that gun and has to buy more and show him the CPU/PG sliders so he knows he can overstuff his suits.

Message 2 of 7 (190 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Jul 16, 2013
Thanks! I agree with you.

He still hasn't downloaded it because he's a GTA addict....
Message 3 of 7 (180 Views)
Survivor
2068 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Heavy + Nova Knives :smileyvery-happy:

ARs are always a good starting point, easiest weapons to use other than the Core Flaylock, plus ARs are hybrid weapons, so he should have a good chance of killing Shield and Armour tankers.

Message 4 of 7 (166 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Jul 22, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
Thanks! I agree with you.

He still hasn't downloaded it because he's a GTA addict....

:smileytongue:  Well, did your freind sign up for some violence in New Eden, yet? 

No kidding or ring-kissing when I say, this game is a knife that divides players who walk away and players who stay and become cool-minded players participate with (and Dust 514 is STILL a game waiting to prove itself come the time for Planetary Conquest.)  If you friend has the same team-minded social style as the rest of us, he'll be a great addition.

The burnzone will need him!:smileyhappy:

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 5 of 7 (140 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Jul 23, 2013
He still hasn't got it... :smileysad:
Message 6 of 7 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Jul 23, 2013

.........:smileyindifferent: [ CENSORED  13+] .

I haven't been back on Dust since the 1.2 patch.  But I know when I get back there, the game's gonna be the same:  The battle academy maps are fine for the wildlings running and sniping and such, but they as confining as goldfish bowls once you've developed into a thinking more-aware player. 

Mercenary Campaign maps are considerably LARGER and more detailed, but it takes much longer to get a turn in one of those matches,...

I'm itching for Planetary Conquest or Corporation Campaign, but only if they get as many good-minded fun-team players in it as they can. 

If you fellows know any other good-natured, good attitude FPS gamers in your neighborhood, hook them onto Dust 514.

:smileyvery-happy: We should start our own PS Recruitment Squad!!

untitled.JPG

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 7 of 7 (126 Views)
0 Likes