Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 07 2013
By: thesupertman Treasure Hunter 6545 posts

DUH Dun da

4 replies 78 views Edited Jul 7, 2013
I love the new headshot sound effect! It's so satisfying! It made me jump the first time I heard it!
Message 1 of 5 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Re: DUH Dun da

Jul 8, 2013

:smileywink: Yeah, most of the time those folks at CCP seem to be right on the ball.

I haven't gotten to try Uprising 1.2 yet, but have you noticed some of the following similarly cool touches in Dust?

• On the Warbarge before the drop, have you looked up out the glass window and noticed how the planet is in a slightly different position, and its surface actually is different for each new match we plan to fight?  Or have you noticed that some of the stars out the window actually twinkle like the real thing.  Cool.

• Notice how ON SOME PLANETS, the sniper or forge gun round actally leaves a vapor trail across the air (tipping you off about the sniper's location), while SOME planets don't have an atmosphere that creates any trail, so it's harder to see where the shot came from and you have to HEAR the ricochet ping to know you're being zeroed.

• I heard someone mention that now in Uprising 1.2, if you're run over by an enemy LAV, you can tell through the camera that your clone body is "dragged" mercilously along the vehicle for several seconds.  :smileysurprised: Is that true?!

CDIA252709-fle30030 MILLASLATER.jpg

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 2 of 5 (58 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6545 posts

Jul 8, 2013
The thing about the LAV is true!!!
Message 3 of 5 (54 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Jul 8, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
I love the new headshot sound effect! It's so satisfying! It made me jump the first time I heard it!

I heard that 5 times this weekend with my random shotgun blasts....now I know how I get OHKilled by it all the time :smileytongue:.

Message 4 of 5 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Jul 8, 2013

See that?  Now you've both got me curious, cuz I haven't heard the sound yet and won't for another week....:smileymad:

I know when I see a red dot wearing a Heavy Sentinel suit (a Fatty?) , and we draw down on each other simultaneously and hose out our clips without flinching, without trying to dodge his fire (....you know what I mean, when you're determined to stand there and die with your finger on the trigger), ....when my militia sub-mg pop gun miraculously KILLS THE FATTY (:smileysurprised:...:smileyvery-happy:) there's this low-base sound over the speakers, as if a ton of hot air just hissed out of the guy's heavy dropsuit or something.

NO, I'm not making a joke!  I've heard it before five or six times, and it was always after a miracle shoot-out with a heavy dropsuit player.  It's the kinda sound you get in other games when you've just a triple health trophy, or just activated "rage-mode" or something.   

Is this sound supposed to mean something??  :smileyfrustrated:

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 5 of 5 (41 Views)