Treasure Hunter
5751 posts

Re: DUST 514 Interview Series: Rainbow Gold

Aug 22, 2011

Well the big question is how well CCP designs maps and gameplay mechanics on the console.

Will it be full of bugs, or have they headhunted enough talent that can make the jump to the Ps3 a smooth one.

A lengthy... really lengthy beta is called for... mainly for two reasons.

First and foremost is the maps and mechanics, a huge second is working out the interaction for the console to the eve universe.

They have great plans, but so did MAG.

My bet is that they will have more guts than than the Z/ony team did and will stick to their guns rather than dumbing it down for the CoDuals...

As to the Eve players vs Console... well we have the obvious upper hand and the smart Eve Corps recognize that.

They are much better off just using us as CCP intends and stick to what they know best.

Buying a Ps3 and handling their own business will be a costly mistake for any group from Eve that doesn't have Dual-Shock skills.

Again, the smart Eve Corps will simply ally with MAG/Resistance/Planetside players...

The only problem comes down to which horse to bet on...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4273 posts

Aug 22, 2011

Shaka_Zulu wrote:

Rainbow_Gold wrote:

maybe i was a bit too rude about the EVE players.

Valor: kronos1994
SVER: Snafu-baron, Proud Member of 3C
Belgium Champion Of MAG

Dont be, you were c o c ky (even if its too early to be that...), but they are like 1000 times more rude/insulting about console gamers, you only need to click one random dust thread in Eve forums and in the first posts you will find so much vitirol about Dust/console players that your co c k iness will make you look like Buddha in comparison.

P.S Lol at the Zaibaitsu name, did a history paper on them way back in school.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.� - Shaka Zulu

yeah man...screw the rudeness. It's war!

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4273 posts

Aug 22, 2011

bullyboutya wrote:

Rainbow_Gold wrote:

Belgium Champion Of MAG

Stylie said it and I'm going to say it to EVE players are real serious gamers man. We will be fine as long as we form the MAG alliance. MAG players are seroius gamers as well if all the clans form one alliance I'm not scared of no Veteran Corp in EVE cuz i know the type of players the MAG community have The EVE corps thinks we are console noobs LOL they have a surprise coming when they see how well orginized we are. I want no executive position I just want to be a support player. Also Rainbow that interview was awesome but you forgot to mention one thing. Executive position in a corp is a lot of responsiblity not just a name

Bully....I need you to show me what I need to know about EVE so when DUST comes out, I'm not in the dark and trailing everyone. Because I really don't have a clue

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Aug 22, 2011

no aim assist doesnt mean crap when MAG has no recoil... cs = skill.

good read anyways, the few replys from EVE players got me laughing. Hardcore EVE players lol, it's like looking in the mirror.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Aug 22, 2011

Discussion moved from MAG - Discussion to Off-Topic Chatter

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1445 posts

Aug 22, 2011

asero1337 wrote:

good read anyways, the few replys from EVE players got me laughing. Hardcore EVE players lol, it's like looking in the mirror.

Photobucket BeastlyFilo xMileyCyrusxX

MAG has bulletspread

Belgium Champion Of MAG
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4943 posts

Aug 22, 2011

Ydubbs_81 wrote:

bullyboutya wrote:

Rainbow_Gold wrote:

Belgium Champion Of MAG

Stylie said it and I'm going to say it to EVE players are real serious gamers man. We will be fine as long as we form the MAG alliance. MAG players are seroius gamers as well if all the clans form one alliance I'm not scared of no Veteran Corp in EVE cuz i know the type of players the MAG community have The EVE corps thinks we are console noobs LOL they have a surprise coming when they see how well orginized we are. I want no executive position I just want to be a support player. Also Rainbow that interview was awesome but you forgot to mention one thing. Executive position in a corp is a lot of responsiblity not just a name

Bully....I need you to show me what I need to know about EVE so when DUST comes out, I'm not in the dark and trailing everyone. Because I really don't have a clue

Ydubbs you are a smart man, and your crew is no joke LOL (RND) will be fine, we just need to try and form a MAG alliance with the clans from MAG. EVE players will back stabb us trust me cuz they need the resources from the planets to build stuff and sell. Whether it be shipps,Guns, Ammo, Tanks, Armor ETC. I have have your back Ydubbs don't worry brother be on the look out for the beta that would be a great place for all of us to practice to see how the game works.

The number one thing you need to bring to Dust514 is your leadership skills, your a great leader so you already have a good start for Dust514

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4599 posts

Aug 22, 2011

Ydubbs_81 wrote:

Shaka_Zulu wrote:

Rainbow_Gold wrote:

Belgium Champion Of MAG

Dont be, you were c o c ky (even if its too early to be that...), but they are like 1000 times more rude/insulting about console gamers, you only need to click one random dust thread in Eve forums and in the first posts you will find so much vitirol about Dust/console players that your co c k iness will make you look like Buddha in comparison.

P.S Lol at the Zaibaitsu name, did a history paper on them way back in school.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.� - Shaka Zulu

yeah man...screw the rudeness. It's war!

Lol true, though they are also potential allies/moneylenders hehe, so one cant alienate Eve playerbase with too much dbag rhetorics, hehe (prolly Corps will need some diplomats). But then again, pretty sure they are (in general) way more used to the animosity and warfaring rhetorics then us. Considering the no holds barred attitude eat or be eaten virtual world they have operated in last decade (in my Eve trials, within mins, you could find anything between a good samaritan helping a noob, to what is more of the majority, total evil bastards that stole your single penny for laughs).

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Aug 22, 2011

Rainbow_Gold wrote:

asero1337 wrote:

MAG has bulletspread

Belgium Champion Of MAG

LOL i'd take no recoil+bullet spread over recoil anyday.

lol.. bulletspread.. soz rainbow...

PS this is bout DUST lets continue

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1445 posts

Aug 22, 2011

asero1337 wrote:

Rainbow_Gold wrote:

asero1337 wrote:

MAG has bulletspread

Belgium Champion Of MAG

LOL i'd take no recoil+bullet spread over recoil anyday.

lol.. bulletspread.. soz rainbow...

PS this is bout DUST lets continue

okay..

lets continue with DUST:

lol on the comment section from the interview there already is a war going on

DUST will settle the conflict between PC gamers and console gamers

Belgium Champion Of MAG
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (22 Views)