Jun 03 2013
By: artform-fazeone Survivor 2630 posts
Accepted Solution

DUST 514 needed list.

9 replies 212 views Edited Jun 3, 2013

The DUST 514 video game, needs an update to the controls for the drop ships...

Plus: You should be able to invite friends to your personal quarters.. And you should be able to sit at your private quarters.

This video game needs real time flight battles, like in Star Hawk and in War Hawk.

And the driving needs speed control and brakes.

The waiting lobby time needs tobe extended from 1:20 to 3:00

Plus: Be able to see your avatar, instead of being stuck in first person view.

Also: needs video of the selected team,  shown at the private quarters... Im in GALLENTE .. So I should see some GALLENTE videos.

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (212 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3148 posts

Re: DUST 514 needed list.

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

• I think everyone agrees that it takes practice to learn the dropship controls. There's a huge learning curve, but I've seen people be very good pilots. Nothing about DUST is a "pick up and play" game--It takes practice.
  • The point of Dust is that it takes place on the ground. EVE takes place in the sky. It would make things fairly complex (thinking about how you would need the ability to import EVE ships and account for their destruction) to suddenly turn it into a spaceship game instead of a mercenary game. Perhaps if EVE players could come in close for attacks that would be fun. Orbital strikes is getting close to that, but I can't see CCP turning DUST into Starhawk/Warhawk.
  • I think the waiting time for the lobby is long enough as it is. I prefer to actually play matches instead of walk circles around other players or try to trap someone inside a circle until the minute is up.
  • I wouldn't mind being able to rotate the camera in the lobby, but I prefer the forced camera angle during matches. It's more fun to sneak up on someone if they can't see over their shoulder.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2049 posts

Jun 4, 2013
  • Less people joyriding for run-over kills because they can't aim with a gun.
  • More communication. (who am I kidding?... this is PS3.)
  • Friendly fire. (Don't be so sloppy with your shots, plus, sometimes a teammate is just too terrible to not TK.)
  • Nerf shield protection on headshots. 2+ to the head is BS.
  • In-game text chat. (team only)
  • Landmines and claymores.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2630 posts

DUST 514.. STAR HAWK.. WAR HAWK..

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

I hereby announce my industry standards..

In video games like these.. It's very vital to cover all modes of transportation slash battle..

In War Hawk: 

Soldier on foot. 

Jeep driver.

Drop ship pilot.

Tank driver.

APC driver.

Air plane pilot.

Jet pack soldier.

In Star Hawk:

Soldier on foot.

Jeep driver.

Tank driver.

Hover motorcycle rider.

Air plane pilot.

Jet pack soldier.

Mech rider.

In DUST 514:

Soldier on foot

Jeep driver.

Drop ship pilot.

Tank driver.

DUST 514 is a good one, it just needs what I call, industry standards.. Which is more vehicles.. Plus functionality at your private quarters.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2630 posts

EVE DUST 514

Jun 4, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2630 posts

EVE DUST 514.!

Jun 4, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2630 posts

EVE DUST 514 Space ships

Jun 4, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3148 posts

Re: DUST 514.. STAR HAWK.. WAR HAWK..

Jun 4, 2013

artform-fazeone wrote:

I hereby announce my industry standards..

[...]

DUST 514 is a good one, it just needs what I call, industry standards.. Which is more vehicles.. Plus functionality at your private quarters.

Proclaiming "industry standards" based on subjective personal wants from your prior experience in two sequential games in a franchise by a different developer doesn't make them industry standards. If Lightbox hadnt seen Starhawk be a commercial failure, I would suggest you could expect those in the next "-hawk" game, but I'm personally very happy none of that is in DUST. I would rather CCP be unique than a copycat-- everyone is excited about that dumb dog in COD: Ghosts, but I would never suggest we get dogs (or Zombies) in DUST.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (160 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46943 posts

Jun 4, 2013

The wait time is 5 min if you use merc battles instead of instant battles and I think 1:30 is PLENTY of time in the warbarge to restock.   I don't like the idea of making it longer than that but that is just my own opinion.

Other than that some neat ideas on that list Artform!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013
  • :smileyindifferent:Improved Dropship controls---DEFINITELY NOT, I say.  The learning curve for clone infantry in this game is HIGH.  The curve for vehicles VERY HIGH, and I say the curve for AIR vehicles should be INSANELY HIGH…the way it is now.  I don’t object to a couple of extra HUD cues to help things like altitude, but no need to make DUST more flying oriented.  EVE Online owns the flying real-estate.  Ck2875’s comments hit the mark well.   

• The pre-battle lobby time SHOULD be lengthened ONLY if it delivers us some info on that table map, so we can fast-chat within our team about who’s going to hit which Null point from where, etc.  I suspect CCP is keeping a Kindergarten feel to the Battle Academy, and that’s why the Mercenary Campaign lobby time is 5 min…more tactical planning time. 

Some of what was said here is cool, but is part of a larger issue that evolved in EVE Online during its 10 years. 

(You may be a PC player, and already know this, but) features like “seeing” your avatar, exploring your captain’s quarters, etc are what’s called Vanity Features. “Vanity” because the were NOT essential to gameplay and had to be PURCHASED as expansion packs, purchased with real money not ISK, and those players who wanted the vanity of seeing their avatars walk around corridors like Barbie dolls loved the features.  The rest of the players….bleh. 

:smileywink:Friendly fire I would CHEER.  Certain BattleAcademy freebies like orbital strikes and snatching your buddy’s car just to try joyrides and roadkills may be a fun salute to Call of Duty.  But once you get out of BattleAcademy, be aware those antics waste fellow mercs ISK,  and orbital strikes may be (deliberately) taxing for the orbiting EVE capsuleer to do.  Friendly fire can encourage us to reach for vehicles and airstrikes more responsibly.   

• BTW,… Landmines ARE in Dust 514.  Powerful ones…but you have to Skill you’re way up to accessing them. 

CDIA252709-fle30030 MILLASLATER.jpg

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (123 Views)