PlayStation MVP
53334 posts

Re: Dust 514 32 players only acording to ign !

Sep 7, 2011

TheLadiesOgre wrote:

Who is to say that the War Room isn't going to just be the leadership of the op?

Stylie77 for MVP

True no one knows for sure!

Message 11 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Sep 8, 2011

squads of 5 and 20 v 20... that would be kinda cool

Photobucket
Message 12 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Sep 8, 2011

Their servers might handle thousands of players, Regis, but would our PS3s be able to handle even half that number, with all the special effect and explosions it would entail? Serious question here, by the way, as I was under the impression that MAG itself struggled when it came to bringing 256.

I am a duster.
www.dust514.org

Worlds will burn. The CMC will start the fires.
http://cmchq.lefora.com/
Message 13 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Sep 8, 2011

Actually the irony was that as the playerbase shrunk the lag appeared and then got worse. I remember playing in the first month and never having any lag. I did not die around corners and there was no 'sword' knifes going on. How that was true I do not know, but I was there and that was how it was for me. Later the lag arrived and dieing around corners started happening. Now I get rubberbanding .

"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us."
-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Message 14 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Sep 8, 2011

Etero_Narciss wrote:

Their servers might handle thousands of players, Regis, but would our PS3s be able to handle even half that number, with all the special effect and explosions it would entail? Serious question here, by the way, as I was under the impression that MAG itself struggled when it came to bringing 256.

I am a duster.
www.dust514.org

no way man!

our ps3s would not be able to handle 1000s.  (while still mantaining graphics we're used to)  

Photobucket
Message 15 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Sep 9, 2011

DCUO does this./...Also when mag came out...No problems in number of players..I never had any lag...until they added those few modes which were added about a year after the game released.

Dust 514 sounds promising.

Etero_Narciss wrote:

I am a duster.
www.dust514.org

Message 16 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4653 posts

Sep 9, 2011

32v32? Is that all?

I was very excited about this game when I read about it last year for the first time but if it's only 32v32 I'm seriously not even going to buy it!

After MAG I ogt into DCUO and now I can't even stand to play games with low player numbers. I sure wish more people would make MMOs for PS3!

32v32 in a MMO world like EVE online just seems so darned lame to me.

Hopefully this info is incorrect because I was really looking forward to Dust 514 being the next reall MMO on PS3.

stargiss
Message 17 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Sep 9, 2011

To prove it works they will probably start small but I fully expect it to get much bigger once they prove it can be done. Also CCP will dedicate extra server resources to a given place if a corp requests it for a large fight over a planet/station. So likewise they might allow 100s of people per side in a battle given advance notice.

-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Message 18 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4653 posts

Sep 9, 2011

Lokekar wrote:

To prove it works they will probably start small but I fully expect it to get much bigger once they prove it can be done. Also CCP will dedicate extra server resources to a given place if a corp requests it for a large fight over a planet/station. So likewise they might allow 100s of people per side in a battle given advance notice.

-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)

We all know it can be done....at least we should! They can make it a game for a massive amount of players at one time. I remember with MAG they said the only reason they chose 256 players is because they wanted to and could have made it for as many as they like.

DCUO is a full fledged MMO with unlimited players on at a time. So it's definitely possible. I'm just really disappointed that they are limiting Dust 514 to only 32 players. When I first heard about it and that it was going to be part of the EVE world I fully expected that it would be a MMO. It's really a big let down to know that they aren't even making it as big as MAG was with at least 256. After all they've already shown that it can be done with a FPS so why start taking backward steps now? Especially when they structure is already existing in the EVE world to make this a real MMO. I just don't get it.....and I won't be getting it (Dust 514 that is!)

stargiss
Message 19 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Sep 9, 2011

stargiss wrote:

Lokekar wrote:

-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)

We all know it can be done....at least we should! They can make it a game for a massive amount of players at one time. I remember with MAG they said the only reason they chose 256 players is because they wanted to and could have made it for as many as they like.

DCUO is a full fledged MMO with unlimited players on at a time. So it's definitely possible. I'm just really disappointed that they are limiting Dust 514 to only 32 players. When I first heard about it and that it was going to be part of the EVE world I fully expected that it would be a MMO. It's really a big let down to know that they aren't even making it as big as MAG was with at least 256. After all they've already shown that it can be done with a FPS so why start taking backward steps now? Especially when they structure is already existing in the EVE world to make this a real MMO. I just don't get it.....and I won't be getting it (Dust 514 that is!)

stargiss

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/681/original/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Photobucket
Message 20 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes