Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: Dust 514 32 players only acording to ign !

Sep 9, 2011

MAG did not have to share server space with EVE, nor did it have cross platform chat and that is not mentioning the fact that at least some things have to be communicated between games in real time besides the chat. It is an impressive feat to pull that off.

I was hoping for larger battles to start with as well but with everyone else going for 16v16 (compared to other console games) at max right now I will be happy to have a game that is larger than that with a potential to get bigger. There is one problem with huge player counts and objective based goals, randoms that do not know what they are doing. MAG suffered from horrible training and if Dust does not improve that then I really do not want to be part of a 2,000 player battle where the 300 some people that know what they actually need to do are hamstringed by the randoms. Been there and done that enough already.

"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us."
-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 35 (75 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47493 posts

Sep 9, 2011

musicman1234 wrote:

DCUO does this./...Also when mag came out...No problems in number of players..I never had any lag...until they added those few modes which were added about a year after the game released.

Dust 514 sounds promising.

Etero_Narciss wrote:

Their servers might handle thousands of players, Regis, but would our PS3s be able to handle even half that number, with all the special effect and explosions it would entail? Serious question here, by the way, as I was under the impression that MAG itself struggled when it came to bringing 256.

I am a duster.
www.dust514.org

Worlds will burn. The CMC will start the fires.
http://cmchq.lefora.com/

zipper took away the european servers and other servers in the USA making the europeans/japanese/americans all play on the same server...the pings cause bad lag sometimes.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 35 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Sep 10, 2011

Etero_Narciss wrote:

Their servers might handle thousands of players, Regis, but would our PS3s be able to handle even half that number, with all the special effect and explosions it would entail? Serious question here, by the way, as I was under the impression that MAG itself struggled when it came to bringing 256.

I am a duster.
www.dust514.org

Mag used to run fine in the 256 player game mode the lag happened when sony took away servers for there other shooters.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 35 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Sep 11, 2011

REGIS_MARK_V wrote:

Etero_Narciss wrote:

I am a duster.
www.dust514.org

Mag used to run fine in the 256 player game mode the lag happened when sony took away servers for there other shooters.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V. Photobucket

yeah in MAG's hay-day, there was no lag, it was incredible.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 35 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Sep 19, 2011

Well, i only recall reading about 32 vs 32 battles.

As would confirm the 32 players 3D lobby in game.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 35 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Sep 20, 2011

Ah but the lobby includes EVE players, so if you use that as the max we would have to assume that they would be less than 32v32. I just realized that they might be include the EVE players giving fire support in the player count. As spiffy as it would be I kinda doubt any EVE player can drop in mid battle and drop out again in favor of moving a fresh ship. Well I could at least some problems with that scenario anyway.

-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 35 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Sep 20, 2011

stargiss wrote:

Lokekar wrote:

To prove it works they will probably start small but I fully expect it to get much bigger once they prove it can be done. Also CCP will dedicate extra server resources to a given place if a corp requests it for a large fight over a planet/station. So likewise they might allow 100s of people per side in a battle given advance notice.

-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)

We all know it can be done....at least we should! They can make it a game for a massive amount of players at one time. I remember with MAG they said the only reason they chose 256 players is because they wanted to and could have made it for as many as they like.

DCUO is a full fledged MMO with unlimited players on at a time. So it's definitely possible. I'm just really disappointed that they are limiting Dust 514 to only 32 players. When I first heard about it and that it was going to be part of the EVE world I fully expected that it would be a MMO. It's really a big let down to know that they aren't even making it as big as MAG was with at least 256. After all they've already shown that it can be done with a FPS so why start taking backward steps now? Especially when they structure is already existing in the EVE world to make this a real MMO. I just don't get it.....and I won't be getting it (Dust 514 that is!)

stargiss

MAG had to make ALOT of cuts to even get 256

32v32 is fine for structured play

its big enough for good battles with tactics and skill being a factor and not large enough for zerg fests aka i got more organised ppl than u so i can just zerg left or right and win

also MAG suffered because games required large player counts to even start, i dont wanna be waiting 15mins for a match to actually start. Dont get it if u dont like the player count size because in all honesty MAG's dom mode wasnt anything special, the game needs a large player base with matches constantly happening to survive in the long run. EVE has like over 5000 solar systems.......thats alot of planets to fight over to have huge zerg fests happening on one planet

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 35 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Nov 2, 2011

we dont know how many people will be in the game the war is like clan deploy mag with only 32

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b456/ThE-BigG-BosS/taes123.png
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 35 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2956 posts

Nov 5, 2011

I find the fact thy didn't even address the question of how many players in a game pretty annoying, thats the only thing I really wanted to know from that interview with the forum questions.

For now I'm going to assume its at least planned that games will eventually handle 64 players, since each war room can hold 32.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 35 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Nov 9, 2011

It is annoying but this is also CCP. If a corp is launching a major attack on another one and the attacking corp discretely lets CCP know about it then CCP will task more server support to the region for the battle. If they feel likewise for Dust514 that could mean that corps can 'request' bigger battles. I do not know what technical limitations might come into play, but if Zipper says they stopped at 256 because they felt like it then it is possible that CCP could handle fights of 1k v 1k if they want  and corps want to fight those sorts of battles.

-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 35 (75 Views)
0 Likes