Hey everyone, I've been fortunate enough to book a one on one meeting with the Dust 514 Developers at Gamescom next week and I wanted to see what questions you may have for them!
If you don't know what Dust 514 is, or if this is your first time hearing about it, here is their official trailer from E3:
Or you can find out a bit more about it in a previous post of mine here: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/360913
So what questions do you have? What do you want to know more about? Economy? Gameplay? EVE tie-ins?
Let me know here!
How many players at one time will be able to involved in a single battle in dust 514? I have heard 40 for the beta but is there a possiblility the battles will be much larger upon release?
I have many more but I'll let some other people ask first Off to promote the thread.
1: How the party systhem will work and how many clan mates or allies can group toguether in the same (party) or group !
2: How are we going to comunicate whith EVE corporation players (( voices tchat ? ))
3: How many planete are we going to play on and how the controle those planete will be decide ? (( ive seen somme video with a planete and some territorry do we have to capture and controle all those territory for each planete or its representative of the overall maps in game for all planet ?
4: how many environement Dust is going to have i mean like (( desert , urban , forest etc.. kinda thing like thats !
5: Are we going to be able to Customize our caracter and choose one of the EVE races Like in EVE online caracter custumisation !
6: how many caracter slot we are going to be able to have ?
7: how the clan systhem and aliance will work ? For a exemple can we have multiple clan like (2F4) or whatever clan tag playing toguether for the same corporation are we going to have a option to have multiple clan but in the same group or lobby !
8: EVE players will be able to lead the battle in rts mode ? or they are going to have a limmited effect on the battle ?
9: How many vehicules can be calles at the same time Ex: If we are 32 vs 32 if every player have the curency point to call a jet is the battle can start to be a massive 32 vs 32 jets battle or if is their a limitation for each vehicules type ?
1. Will Dust use the exact same system as EVE in learning skills or it will be less time consuming and less complex. If that's the case, it will gain complexity in time as players familiarize themselves with how it works?
2. EVE has a very good training system for those that choose to use it. But I imagine it took years to develop. Will Dust have something similar from the get go or it will be improved in time?
3. in EVE, if so you choose you can ignore everyone and just do Agents missions and play only PvE and not PvP. Will that be posible in Dust?
3. What are the chances for people in countries without a PS Store to get into the beta? (I can't get PS Plus being from Romania, but I do have an EVE account)
1) What will your Vehicle Physics be like?
Please tell me that your vehicle physics will be more well developed than those of other games (such as MAG)
Smaller vehicles should NOT be able to push larger vehicles around or get wedged underneath of larger vehicles (at least not without serious negative ramifications for the smaller vehicle)
2) How will you determine leadership positions?
Will the contracting corporation dictate who is in charge of an op or will it be determined solely by the contracted corp? Outside of being in an Alliance, will more than one corporation be able to be contracted for the same job and, if so, how would leadership of the op be determined across corp lines?
3) Will there be Strategic Maneuvers/Tactical Strikes or will they be killstreak rewards?
Please tell me you won't be going with "CoD-style" killstreak rewards rather than leadership granted Strategic Maneuvers/Tactical Strikes
Please ask: how many players will there be and what type of weapons will be available.
It will start with a maximum of 20v20 battles and it will increase in time. In EVE now there are batles with hundreds of players I think, but it started with a lot less.