Aug 31 2013
By: tentou83 Hekseville Citizen 271 posts

Dust514

7 replies 201 views Edited Aug 31, 2013
I would like to get everyone's opinion, and overall experience playing this game and if trophies can be obtained.

Get your Portable ID!
Kimi To Iu Hana
Message 1 of 8 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49846 posts

Re: Dust514

Aug 31, 2013

tentou83 wrote:
I would like to get everyone's opinion, and overall experience playing this game and if trophies can be obtained.

I really like the game.  However the first month or so, before I had any real skilpoints, was very gruelling to go through.  You do feel that disadvantage at first.  If you can stick with it and find a good crew the game is very enjoyable.

No trophies...yet.

Message 2 of 8 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

Trophies are historically the reward for your solo achievememt. Dust is DIFFERENT and rewards coop and social interacting MORE; rewards 'solo' almost not at all.  So no trophies. 

Once we ceased our old solo habits and grew into true SOCIAL players, Dust 514 became the most gruel and combat pleasure we've ever had!!! 

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 3 of 8 (185 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13631 posts

Sep 3, 2013

Chedwidden wrote:

Trophies are historically the reward for your solo achievememt. Dust is DIFFERENT and rewards coop and social interacting MORE; rewards 'solo' almost not at all.  So no trophies. 

Once we ceased our old solo habits and grew into true SOCIAL players, Dust 514 became the most gruel and combat pleasure we've ever had!!! 

This guy disagrees... :smileytongue:

MAG Plat

Trophies are under the SOON banner :/ 

Message 4 of 8 (177 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Sep 4, 2013

:smileyvery-happy: Archer, where did you find that hilarious photo?

I found one too that makes me crack up (directly related to Dust 514), but unfortunately it has a swear word in it, and removing the word kills the humor somehow...:smileysad:

I would approve of "trophies" only if they are team-related and not geared at crowning one player tops for what he does on his own. 

I'm learning, CCP..... I'm learning.

CDIA252709-fle30030 MILLASLATER.jpg

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 5 of 8 (156 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49846 posts

Sep 4, 2013

http://www.allpstrophies.com/ps3/337-mag.html

:smileyhappy:   Its a platinum trophy image for the best shooter ever on the PS3, maybe just best shooter ever in general!   MAG! :smileytongue:

(I may have a slight pro-MAG bias :smileywink:)

Message 6 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13631 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Chedwidden wrote:

:smileyvery-happy: Archer, where did you find that hilarious photo?

While I think Pilgrim tried to cover it (:smileytongue:) that is MAG's platinum trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/mag/guide/

Completely online game, 32-128 people on your team (double for total per match...). About as much of a team game as you could get :smileywink:

I'm at 100% with MAG's trophies, something not a lot of people could do for some reason...

And MAG's not the only MP-only game with trophies; I know that FFXIV and DCUO have them (MMOs) and then there's Warhawk (and Starhawk, since no one played the SP for that lol) And others I can't think of right now...

Message 7 of 8 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 17, 2013

My time with playing Dust 514.

when i got my playstation 3 it had the downloadable Dust 514 card with it so of course i wanted to try it out...

What i really think about it is that it kinda reminds me of halo and call of duty *COD* mixed with eachother. It can be kinda confuseing at the main menu. When you get into the actually gameplay it is pretty fun if you like a FPS style games. 

My over all rating to this game would be a 7.9/ 10.

Get your Portable ID!

Message 8 of 8 (106 Views)