4 replies 62 views Edited Oct 9, 2011
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3370 posts

Re: Dusters blog - A possible fear

Oct 11, 2011

I can tell you where they went wrong in that blog post. They need to have recent games added in on the PS3 side. What about COD on both platforms? You are comparing games that are years old to newer games. I know Dust will not be the next trend like COD is. I am sure it will do just fine in sales and player numbers.

PS, I know Socom 4 is pretty recent, but what about R3. That just came out a few weeks ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2956 posts

Oct 12, 2011

I didn't compare multiplatform games, because that was irrelavent to my point, which was that: more exclusives, less sales divided amongst those exclusives.

I compared these games at their 2 weeks sales, and not total sales for a reason; this way old and new games are on the same level.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3370 posts

Oct 13, 2011

KAGEHOSHI- wrote:

I didn't compare multiplatform games, because that was irrelavent to my point, which was that: more exclusives, less sales divided amongst those exclusives.

I compared these games at their 2 weeks sales, and not total sales for a reason; this way old and new games are on the same level.

Photobucket

Does Xbox 360 do better in the FPS market, I say yes. Will Dust sell millions, I say yes also.

Take MAG as a first time Zipper did a FPS and new to the market. It sold over a million copies. This will happen with Dust.

There is a lot more Xbox 360 owners out there because it was sold about a year before the PS3. To compare the two with different games is not a good way to tell how Dust is going to do in sales.

Compare COD and other cross platform games. There you will kind of tell how it will do. It is still not a good way to tell how a new FPS will do in sales on the PS3.

I really would not worry about how it will do in sales. All we can do is get the game passed around by mouth and the forums. We know a lot of MAG players are coming over, as well as me too.

Also, a FPS is still a FPS no matter what platform it is on or whether it is an exclusive or not. A Xbox exclusive will sell more than a PS3 exclusive. There is more Xbox players than PS3 players, by a lot too. Look at the VGcharts and see we are losing to the DS, a handheld!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2439 posts

Oct 28, 2011

MYSTAIN wrote:

KAGEHOSHI- wrote:

Photobucket

Does Xbox 360 do better in the FPS market, I say yes. Will Dust sell millions, I say yes also.

Take MAG as a first time Zipper did a FPS and new to the market. It sold over a million copies. This will happen with Dust.

There is a lot more Xbox 360 owners out there because it was sold about a year before the PS3. To compare the two with different games is not a good way to tell how Dust is going to do in sales.

Compare COD and other cross platform games. There you will kind of tell how it will do. It is still not a good way to tell how a new FPS will do in sales on the PS3.

I really would not worry about how it will do in sales. All we can do is get the game passed around by mouth and the forums. We know a lot of MAG players are coming over, as well as me too.

Also, a FPS is still a FPS no matter what platform it is on or whether it is an exclusive or not. A Xbox exclusive will sell more than a PS3 exclusive. There is more Xbox players than PS3 players, by a lot too. Look at the VGcharts and see we are losing to the DS, a handheld!

Ummm. The DS has sold more than the xbox 260 too, so has the PSP. The wii is the best selling consol on the market. And no, there are not that many more xbox owners than PS3 owners. approx. 50mil PS3's sold while approx 53mil xbox 360' sold. The reason, that the common misbelife that xbox sells more than the ps3, is because of the fact that the xbox always outsells the ps3 in the states while the ps3 sells more worldwide.

SIG
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (62 Views)
0 Likes