Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: [EVENT] DUST 514 Templar Manhunt

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

Hey everyone, 

We have now completed gathering the PSN IDs of those participating in this forum thread. We'll post another update here when we've sent out the extra bonus prize. This will be done from within the Dust 514 game and it will be automatically added to your inventory. More details soon!

Am I too late for the extra reward? I played until they closed the server and fell asleep. I really liked the game and hope to be in the next event. I love this game it's like an updated version of Quake Wars.

P.S. I like apples  

:catlol:

Message 231 of 270 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Got told to post anyway...

Just saying, please don't just say that you're done with an event like this without posting an end date before it closes (in the OP). There is none in the OP for this even right now...give a warning to people so they can plan; since the event ended this morning and I had to work I was going to post after I got home (AKA now...and please don't say that there is a date stated somewhere in the thread, there is not enough time to read through all the posts just to find that one bit of cruicial information), and am very disappointed to see that this post will be all for naught here (not to say it won't be elsewhere, but there was one reason for it being here). 

Overall, my feelings were that the event went well enough. Were there problems? Yes, there were. Templars should have started with ISK and some (at least militia) modules to fill out suits. There should have also been a free AV fitting to start with. The starting SP should have also been a bit higher (3+ mil) and/or some of it should have been "pre-filled" (core dropsuit skills like Armor, Shield and Electronics, especially if there was a concern about speccing into vehicles). The lack of a "free" LAV also hurt, as covering large maps can be very difficult without one or a Light/Scout suit.

Initially, without the ISK to buy skillbooks or even militia modules, it was hard to play. Dying was common as you just did not have the skills or gear to keep up. At least the first 5 matches were spent just trying to earn ISK to be able to unlock the core skills needed just to get some basic modules.

After a few matches, it got better, with modules to fill in slots and skills to unlock upgrades. Stats start to improve, but not by much, thanks to basic equipment at best. 

After I unlocked the Assault Rifles (my weapon of choice) the game turned around. Suddenly I was nearly back to how I normally play (at least stat-wise; my main is an armor tanker with Adv/Proto gear) and soon friends caught up. I'm guessing people were being surprised to see Templars not being cannon-fodder...

templar dom 1.PNG

(I'm the one with the orange box around the number 2; Templar 58)

Yes, I am someone who has played Dust for over a year now, and know what I'm doing. Bad equipment and no skills hurts a little, but even early on I wasn't doing bad (mostly getting assists, but still close to a 1 KDR). Didn't help I'm no good at using the Scrambler Rifle nor the Laser Rifle. For newer players...its extremely hard. Going against people with Advanced and Prototype gear with nothing? Just bad bad bad. Should have not happened that way; SP should have been distributed somewhat or ISK given to make a proper build and fittings.

Now, 2mil SP is at the low end of what can make a good build; I was able to deal with it well enough (also thanks to the dropsuits limiting what you could put into them). For public matches, its OK. But just OK. 3-5mil SP to start with is much better, giving the Templars a chance to not just be there to die, and for the hunters to actually work for their ISK reward. 4 mil is around where you have good (or better, depending on what you're speccing into) public match builds. 5mil or more and you're starting to get into the competitive range (or into the "let's ruin everyone's day" build range for the tryhards out there)

I also did manage to complete the 20K WP goal; how many games I played I do not know, but since I had a bunch of ~500 WP games, it had to be more than 20.

Message 232 of 270 (167 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Jun 5, 2013

was pretty interesting, new suits look cool.

Message 233 of 270 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 5, 2013

needed moor templars the hole event i saw just one templar and he was on my side of the battle so i couldn't hunt guy

Message 234 of 270 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I got selected to be a templar, i really liked the experience of using amarr suits and rifle, plus because of the 2.5m isk bounty lots people would go after me

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 235 of 270 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5708 posts

Jun 5, 2013
To build upon phoenixs point I think most who posted here were sent here by me. I posted on the official dust forum, tweeted to ccp about this, as well as posted on the official dust group on Facebook about this thread.

Not much communication on this which could probably be improved by simply posting about this threads existence.

Also would have been better to give 1-2 days after the event for this feedback thread.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 236 of 270 (121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 5, 2013

As a templar i found this event extremely fun, starting off with 0 isk and only a suit and a gun really made me feel like an underdog, coupled with everyone on the map (including my teammates) going out of thier way to kill me and only me, it made the pacing of the matches much more enjoyable for me.

While the servers were down i did an AMA on the dust514 reddit

There was a large amount of negitivity from many templars, many of them seemed to be expecting overpowered characters with unlimited money and they vented thier anger at CCP, despite my efforts it is pretty hard to convince them that they were misinformed and i for one hope those individuals that marred the event by not participating should not be included in any other event.

Despite the server outage due to a DDoS attack on tranquility servers, the event was very fun and ran smoothly, i hope to participate in more of these in the future.

Message 237 of 270 (99 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3168 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
To build upon phoenixs point I think most who posted here were sent here by me. I posted on the official dust forum, tweeted to ccp about this, as well as posted on the official dust group on Facebook about this thread.

Not much communication on this which could probably be improved by simply posting about this threads existence.

Also would have been better to give 1-2 days after the event for this feedback thread.

This thread was featured on us.playstation.com and the "What's New" section on the PS3. The original post that mentioned the bonus in bold red was viewed over 40,000 times.

Message 238 of 270 (94 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

Like Phoenix and Winscar mentioned the opportunity to provide feedback on the event in this thread for in-game rewards should be given for at least 24 if not 48 hours after the event had ended but then again maybe CCP had an internal deadline that Sony had to adhere to which we were not told about publicly. 

We also should have had that information (timeframe to leave the feedback for the reward) in the first post.  I would have done it days ago when I was spamming that you can get a reward for posting here in other threads and on other websites but I did not make the first post on this one and can not edit other people's posts.  I should have sent the OP a PM but I did not think to do that :smileysad:.

Message 239 of 270 (75 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5708 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Ah it happens as ccp said on theit post tthey learned a lot and hopefully do it better next time.

And wow still getting used to the S4s keyboard lol
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 240 of 270 (66 Views)
0 Likes