Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Re: Full Release 'Uprising' Build coming May 6th

Apr 2, 2013
The game wont survive if they throw the new players with the vets. I can see that gap continually increasing and the vets will finally get bored pub stomping (as some have already) and pull plug as well
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Pub stomping needs to be dealt with before release. If people get dropped into the mess that's currently there, CCP is going to have issues with keeping new players. Matchmaking should probably be tweaked so you're not throwing first day/week people in with those that have been grinding in the beta buying high gear and have their SP well spent from months of accumulation.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (147 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Apr 3, 2013
^^^ I agree, this imbalance is going to only get worse, I'm guessing they can see the problem and will address it though, but u never know XD
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 23 (138 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Apr 3, 2013
I can't imagine how off putting it'll be for new players to be dropped in a match against 1-3 tanks and switching to the AV fitting thinking it's going to be an easy down. They'll get slaughtered and they'll be hounded by infantry at the same time (Militia gear isn't going to help).

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Apr 3, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Pub stomping needs to be dealt with before release. If people get dropped into the mess that's currently there, CCP is going to have issues with keeping new players. Matchmaking should probably be tweaked so you're not throwing first day/week people in with those that have been grinding in the beta buying high gear and have their SP well spent from months of accumulation.

I'm triyng to deal with it internally, in the BHD clan, by discouraging my members from deploying tanks into ambush but we are only a tiny tiny percentage of the total player base so the impact isn't really noticeable through the whole game.   

But yes, the newer players with less than 2 million skill points (or 3 or whatever CCP thinks) need a special, insulated, battle area to rank up their characters alongside other low ranking players.

Eve has this so I'm hoping and assuming CCP brings it to Dust.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PistoI Proficianado
1136 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

CCP has stated Uprising is not full release, and that the blog post saying it was, was a typo.

I honestly don't feel as if its ready for 'full release' just yet, it has a ways to go yet...

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (99 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Makuta1213 wrote:

CCP has stated Uprising is not full release, and that the blog post saying it was, was a typo.

I honestly don't feel as if its ready for 'full release' just yet, it has a ways to go yet...

agreed, but i still want it :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Apr 16, 2013
Ah, that's one hell of a typo then. Still will check out the build. Hopefully my issues with the game are solved with it, or at least a good portion of them (honestly, any progress would be nice).

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (90 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Apr 16, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Ah, that's one hell of a typo then. Still will check out the build. Hopefully my issues with the game are solved with it, or at least a good portion of them (honestly, any progress would be nice).

now that i'm at over 5 million SP many of my issues have been going away, its almost like I'm on equal footing now and when I lose a gunfight its all my fault :smileywink:.   

There are a few other hangups I have, which i've made CCP aware of, which I hope are fixed in the next build too. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (75 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Regardless if it isn't the full release, I can't wait for the reallocation of our SP!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 23 (69 Views)
0 Likes