Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: Game is now Horrible -Uprising Patch

May 8, 2013
I played it 10 minutes today and it was awesome. I wish I could play more.

Balance will be fixed.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (122 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 8, 2013
@ROYU: Yeah, that was a serious question. I've been seeing people over the past week saying to wait on spending the SP to see how things handled after the patch and to not go spending it all from the get go.

Yeah, it's expected you'd want to go ahead and load up benefitting the class you've been playing for months but with the warnings/advice from other people to put a few matches in before spending, that's what I'm going to do and see which route feels good to me from the outset.

People were complaining about Heavies so a 'hit' should have been expected. Now, if they'll further tweak it for the Heavy players and find a balance for both sides should also be expected.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

Im guessing none of the people that responded to this post in support of the new patch actually use the HVY class and used to get owned by it so it figures they would support the Nerf.

Least the guy who use the AR was honest in his response that he was kinda thrown off by the range nerf too.

Think of it this way.

My play class is way slower than it ever has been and has lost all of his power.  Now i cant win a gun fight when my shield and armour points are threefold stronger than any other class (with 25% boost to shields and armour) because my effective range is cut in half.  As a result I am getting killed before even getting a chance to land damage to another player.  Without sharpshooter I cannot compensate for the lack of range on the minigun That now loses to militia assualt rifle everytime, when i used to beat GEk-38 and duvolle rifles in past.   Sounds like fun yes?

iwilldes-l-royu
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 23 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

Response to slash

I never came to forums for this game because i never had any problem with it until now.

Only warning i had was reading patch notes before login and honestly i really didnt expect the game to change so much to the point where my class would be unplayable.  It obv wasnt tested for balance if im here complaining about it.

iwilldes-l-royu
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (114 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 8, 2013
I'm in the crowd that despised the Heavy pre-patch amongst other things but neutering them isn't the solution if that's what indeed happened.

These things go back and forth till the developers find that sweet spot. People complain about something and the developers usually go the extreme route in an attempt to 'fix' it. They then get more complaints to push it back in the other direction. I figure if Heavy players voice their opinion enough like those that had problems facing off against them pre-patch, CCP will address trying to find the middle ground with another patch.

So if you're done, just keep an eye out for future patch notes to see if they address the Heavy changes.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

Edit

iwilldes-l-royu
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 8, 2013
Was that last post of mine offending or are you seeing something different? And I don't snipe. Personally don't have the patience for it when I can be on the frontlines.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

You said you despised the heavy class so I assumed you complained about it  and enacted changes to my preferred playstyle hence the aggressive response.

I am quite angry my fav non disk game (DLed)  has become obsolete to me.

I will edit post as to not start any flame war as this was not the intention by these complaints

iwilldes-l-royu
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 8, 2013
Finally got everything updated. Like that I don't see the usual pop in anymore. Only got to play one match though before the servers were going down -_- Does feel quite slower and takes some getting used to. Aim still feels a bit sluggish for me and that's with both settings at 0 sensitivity. Went 2 kills, 12 assists, 4 deaths in the match. Seems I'm an Assist Champion lately in any game I play -_-

Really just need to adapt to the game now and get used to the iron sights on the AR. And yes, I'm thrown off by the lack of range I have now. Gonna have to put in some more time with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

May 8, 2013
Im just going to use the AR until things are sorted out.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 23 (54 Views)
0 Likes