Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Re: How to Request a Respec

May 29, 2013
Yep got my respec yesterday, now to blow it all on the first shiny thing that I see!!! xD
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (182 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 29, 2013
Was going to spec for tanking but thank God I decided to try out a Militia build before blowing my SP. Tanking sucked hard for me in the 2 matches I played. Gonna stick to infantry combat. And for whatever reason, it seems like the aim is off whenever I hop in a vehicle. I'll be aiming at something and the shot will be 3-5ft to either side of where I was aiming, even when stationary.

Still got just over 2 million to spec.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
 Tanking sucked hard for me in the 2 matches I played.  And for whatever reason, it seems like the aim is off whenever I hop in a vehicle. I'll be aiming at something and the shot will be 3-5ft to either side of where I was aiming, even when stationary.

SlashZaku (and Everybody who's reading), SKILLS are more elaborate than just giving you access to the beefier weapons.  (unfortunately the menu takes a LOT of downtime to read through, but) almost EVERY weapon or device you TRY to use, is affected by your current SKILL LEVEL.  You HAVE to think about whether you're SKILL-QUALIFIED to operate a tank well.

Example, you and I both have a Toxin AR and both have identical armor and Militia sheilds at full.  We start spraying each other with rounds at ten feet distance from each other.  YOU get killed first...  Whaa?  Why? 

Cuz I had purchased a weapons skillbook and boosted my Skill level to Lvl 3.  So my EFFICIENCY with the Toxin AR is now better than yours, and I am "rewarded" with greater damage per rounds (or maybe think of it as more of my fired rounds hitting you dead center). 

Tanks have "Turrets", not guns.  So a specialized tank operator (who bought more SKILL level on medium or large turrets) will score harder hits with his tank shots, while you or I who DIDN'T buy any training in turret operation... have our shots stray left or right of the target more often. 

...Cool, huh?  In Dust 514 the MEAT of success is really in the SKILLPOINTS and training levels.  :smileysad:

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (176 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 29, 2013
This is all stuff I know but the tanks still aren't to my liking...or should I say, since I've got the respec, I'm not willing to spend the points and then regret it. I've pretty much gotten over the infantry curve with the game that had me really disliking it and I don't need to wade through tanking and be back in that rut/mindset.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

May 29, 2013

I got my respec last night and now am a Bad- really really helful support logi with proto nanite and repair gear!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (169 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 29, 2013
Have you tried out the Logi LAV? I was looking at it yesterday when trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my SP and was wondering how it actually works as it says it can repair multiple teammates.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

:smileyindifferent:

SlashZaku wrote:
Have you tried out the Logi LAV? I was looking at it yesterday when trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my SP and was wondering how it actually works as it says it can repair multiple teammates.

SlashZaku, I have been attacked one night by a crew driving the Logi-LAV  (easy to see Baloch with yellow paint markings).  I defended myself with a malitia standard grenade which exploded on contact.  The blast killed the two crew, but left the Logi-LAV only smoking. 

So I hacked it to investigate its guts. 

• It DID repair my  ordinance when I got IN the vehicle (not by standing near it like a supply depot.)  Didn't notice whether my DS armor was repaired.

• It's shielding was good enough to protect the LAV from a Walmart-class grenade, but NOT the crew, and I thought that was unfair. 

• It DID NOT self-repair in any impressive time period.  My Grimsnes standard Dropship with standard armor repair will put out the fire and fix itself to 100% in about 90 seconds.  The Logi Baloch LAV was still smoking when I tried driving it back to a freindly area.

So my assessment is that the "Logi" alone doesn't make it very great, and you should expect to pay a little more to equip it with some enhanced gear that WILL make it worth it.   In general I LIKE the LAV, and use the standard version to good extent. 

When you use a LOGI LAV on the battlefield, always remember to lock it up (recall the LAV) so no one "borrows" your wheels and *bleeps* it up carelessly. 

:smileylol:

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (162 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

May 29, 2013

Good to know chewidon, I have no idea about those because I haven't tried them.

Slash ask Shouper of BHD in game or shouper2273 on the BHD clan site about those, he is an LAV pilot.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

May 29, 2013
Unless LAVs fly, you mean driver. And I googled them. Sounds like they have some issues (you need to target with them, no AoE effect like I imagined).

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

May 29, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Unless LAVs fly, you mean driver. And I googled them. Sounds like they have some issues (you need to target with them, no AoE effect like I imagined).

:smileyfrustrated: "Target"?  That's criminal!  Typically the successful technique with a Baloch (LAV) is to be a good driver who keeps the vehicle MOVING.  Slow or fast, it's the only way to shoe off the pesky headhunters who want to try out their new Militia Missile Swarmer on a car...:smileymad:

You just don't have enough time and fingers to stay on the move AND have to manually aim-n-click on repair/ replenish features.

:smileyembarrassed: Many of the features on a Logi Dropship have to be manually targetted/activated too, but you can pull out of the crowd and find a safe landing spot to make repairs.   

I love the LAV's when they're used correctly, but there's almost NO safe place to park-n-stim/boost/repair...without attracting danger. 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (151 Views)
0 Likes