Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 18 2013
By: King0fHearts2007 Treasure Hunter 8666 posts

I see dead people!!!

5 replies 99 views Edited Dec 18, 2013

Is anyone else having this problem?  You know when your a medic and there is that icon there to show you who needs to be healed?  I keep going to the place

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1 of 6 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6518 posts

Re: I see dead people!!!

Dec 18, 2013
... And when u go towards the icon nobody is there?

I had this problem!
Message 2 of 6 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 18, 2013

thesupertman wrote:

I had this problem!

Exactly!!!  A few times there was a body (that I could do nothing with) but most of the time it's just a wild goose chase.

GAPHome

General

Message 3 of 6 (91 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Dec 18, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

thesupertman wrote:

I had this problem!

Exactly!!!  A few times there was a body (that I could do nothing with) but most of the time it's just a wild goose chase.

Yeah i saw this several different times. 

Message 4 of 6 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2013

:smileyvery-happy:  Yes... but it's NOT a glitch.  I suspect we simply have to refer to it as a poorly-scripted component: 

Ex:  I am shot down in my dropship with one gunner aboard the ship.  We both "bailed out" just before the DS crashed into a building.  I land on the ground using my X-dampener---my gunner is nowhere to be found. 

The "help-requested" icon suddenly goes on, and I follow it to the destination on the ground---but I don't see anyone.  I circle around following the icon, but still no sign of a body. 

THEN, it occurs to me, and I look UP.  There's a ROOF, a second deck above me.  Oh, crap!  I run up a stairs to the roof deck and a dead body is there, and it's too late to help him.  The help-requested icon is no longer flashing.  I can probably figure out that my gunner jumped out when I jumped out, but hitting the roof deck didn't give him the time he needed to get access to his X-dampener. 

The help-requested icon does a poor job telling you the difference between a merc at your feet, and a merc on the deck below, etc...

:smileysurprised::  Plymco,... you're back.  It's you!  It's YOU!

mk25.jpg

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 5 of 6 (81 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Chedwidden wrote:

:smileyvery-happy:  Yes... but it's NOT a glitch.  I suspect we simply have to refer to it as a poorly-scripted component: 

Ex:  I am shot down in my dropship with one gunner aboard the ship.  We both "bailed out" just before the DS crashed into a building.  I land on the ground using my X-dampener---my gunner is nowhere to be found. 

The "help-requested" icon suddenly goes on, and I follow it to the destination on the ground---but I don't see anyone.  I circle around following the icon, but still no sign of a body. 

THEN, it occurs to me, and I look UP.  There's a ROOF, a second deck above me.  Oh, crap!  I run up a stairs to the roof deck and a dead body is there, and it's too late to help him.  The help-requested icon is no longer flashing.  I can probably figure out that my gunner jumped out when I jumped out, but hitting the roof deck didn't give him the time he needed to get access to his X-dampener. 

The help-requested icon does a poor job telling you the difference between a merc at your feet, and a merc on the deck below, etc...

:smileysurprised::  Plymco,... you're back.  It's you!  It's YOU!

Yea, but that is not what we are talking about here.  Some times it happens outside with no roof.

GAPHome

General

Message 6 of 6 (78 Views)
0 Likes