Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 11 2013
By: fede01_8 Sackboy 480 posts

I tried man, i really tried...

5 replies 160 views Edited Jul 11, 2013

I played the Beta and got bored of it. I hate it that i had to wait at least 5 min to connect (still have).

Recently i played the latest version and still don't like. The interface is much better and i noticed and improvement on the graphics. But the main problem is the shooting mechanics, which it all comes down to, the gameplay. And i'm getting my **bleep** kicked so hard. I can barely hit anything. Aiming is like trying to shoot an ant. Adjusting the aiming sensitivity also had little impact on how the guns felt.

And don't blame me. I'm fairly good at others FPS like Battlefield and COD.

Message 1 of 6 (160 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Re: I tried man, i really tried...

Jul 11, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

I played the Beta and got bored of it. I hate it that i had to wait at least 5 min to connect (still have).

Recently i played the latest version and still don't like. The interface is much better and i noticed and improvement on the graphics. But the main problem is the shooting mechanics, which it all comes down to, the gameplay. And i'm getting my **bleep** kicked so hard. I can barely hit anything. Aiming is like trying to shoot an ant. Adjusting the aiming sensitivity also had little impact on how the guns felt.

I turned OFF the aim assist and have been doing 100% better with the shooting mechanics.  

The other problem you will find are people with lots of skill points, like me, will have 2x the effective health points as you do while their gun does more damage than yours making it even more difficult to get kills.

Are you still able to access the "War College" option to deploy?   Its a new area for lower skill points that gives you a chance to not play with the likes of proto gear using people like me :smileytongue:

Message 2 of 6 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
474 posts

Re: I tried man, I really tried...

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

I played the Beta and got bored of it. I hate it that I had to wait at least 5 min to connect (still have).

Recently I played the latest version and still don't like. The interface is much better and I noticed and improvement on the graphics. But the main problem is the shooting mechanics, which it all comes down to, the gameplay. And i'm getting my **bleep** kicked so hard. I can barely hit anything. Aiming is like trying to shoot an ant. Adjusting the aiming sensitivity also had little impact on how the guns felt.

I feel your pain and frustration...

Try making a new clone and only upgrade your AR skills to start off with, you will be able to upgrade your AR operations to 3 and your sharpshooter to 3 as well. The reason why you should do this is not to buy a upgraded weapon though you can, I do this mainly to get my AR kick & dispersion down. Then with the 70,000 skill points you'll have left, put that into a Caldari medium dropsuit.

The Caldari dropsuit basic level C-1 has 2 low and high slots. Put in double militia light damage modifiers on the right side ( High slots ) then put militia armor plate and armor repair on left side ( Low slots ) then equip a basic AR & militia grenades. You wont have enough CPU / PG to equip any nanohives or uplinks.

If you need help with all this send me a friend request via PSN.  :robotvery-happy:

Message 3 of 6 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6516 posts

Jul 12, 2013
You will get better. Dust is not like cod. To get good at dust you need to work a it for a long time. You need to plan ahead.

But I do agree this game is hard on new players. Don't delete the game, just wait. More content, and aiming fixes, is coming in future patches.
Message 4 of 6 (134 Views)
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

Jul 13, 2013

It's pretty much the same here.

Players with a lot more SP and better equipment are far more resilient to the point where SP and equipment is more important than tactics (when there is a huge gap between you and the other player). At milita and standard level, you can flank a proto and unload near half your AR clip into it and he'll just turn around and kill you with a couple of bullets, provided he knows how  to do a proper fitting. They can even survive a headshot from a charged Sniper Riffle (the one that deals the most damage), even when you have a couple of advanced damage mods and SR proficiency level 5.

Cooked grenades and concentrated fire from multiple players can take them down quick, but these protos tend to run in squads, so you usually need at least double their numbers to take them out. The lack of matchmaking along with shoddy mechanics is this game's downfall. It's like pitting a level 50 with endgame / newgame+ loot vs a level 1 in Borderlands.

Also, the sheer amount of grinding required to get competitive gear forces you to specialize, which, for me, makes the game quickly get boring, since I like variety in my play style. With the currents skills, you'll need between 7 and 10 years to unlock everything, provided you reach the weekly SP cap...

Dust has really become a once in a blue moon type of game. 3x SP wasn't even enough to get me to play....
I thought it could replace Starhawk as a Shooter / Real time strategy hybrid, but it couldn't. It's just another 16 vs 16 sci-fi shooter with MMORPG-esque grind to unlock gear and weapons. Hopefully Planetside 2 when it lands of the PS4 will remedy that.

Message 5 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Jul 15, 2013

:smileyindifferent::smileyindifferent::smileysad::smileyindifferent::smileyhappy:

It's alright,  fede. 

I liked Cod and MOH shooters too, and got my arse handed to me repeatedly by players who are addicts of that kind of shooter. 

When I encountered Dust 514 (LATE in the LAST beta phase), I could tell right away that the SUPER STEEP learning curve (its own devs call it a nearly VERTICAL learning curve) was gonna do something NO OTHER shooter has ever done:  It's gonna DIVIDE shooter players into two distinct camps...

• those who are seduced by the unique, mercilous, and deliberatly grinding difficulty that is knitted into this game,
  • and those FPS folks who want to stay with the classic FPS games cuz classic FPSs were just about shooting and running and they were masters at doing that.  :smileywink:

All the posts on this thread so far are a beautiful indication how we players have been split.  Some of these players here posted stuff that made me think they were going to **bleep** on Dust and throw their console out the 8th flr window!...but they are learning the curve and grinding through it, and amazingly becoming Dust vets. 

Some posts are from players who I suspect will be switching back to Cod/Starhowk/MOH/etc cuz it's impossible to "own" the Dust battelfield with the same speed and cockiness that previous FPSs allowed.  Dust 514 REALLY kicks your ego to the curb, and can make you feel humiliated.  :smileyfrustrated:

I advocate the splitting effect, (harsh to say, but it helps shed the players who just want to get on the Leaderboard and raise as much personal havoc on the map as they can). 

It IS okay not to like this game and seek happiness elsewhere.:smileyindifferent:

untitled.JPG

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 6 of 6 (93 Views)