Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2162 posts

Re: If you were curious about the micro-transaction model

Aug 30, 2011

Lokekar wrote:

If you come up with any clever ways of to garuntee getting in the beta let me know. Maybe we should contact Lolsec and Anonymous .

The skill progression in EVE is honestly something I have always wanted other multplayer games to adopt. I do not always have time to play weekly let alone daily and so my character progressing even while I am not able to play has appealed to me.

I am just hoping that the micrtransaction items are not outrageously expensive on the player market.

"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us."
-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)

Umm, date a CCP employee?

Yeah, I fully agree, I wonder if having a skill progression like Eve would've prevented all of the people who deleted their characters to clean their stats from doing so?

I think Dust's economy is going to be just as ridiculous as Eve's, if not at the start it won't take long

WWLFD?
Message 21 of 27 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Sep 7, 2011

Even if real money would be used to buy in game cash you still can't buy the most powerful weapon without trianing the skill for it which could take months maybe even years. Purchase tier 10 SR or AR can't use it because hey you don't have the skill buddy and then by the time you probably get the skill for it it would probably become an obsolete weapon.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Message 22 of 27 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2162 posts

Sep 7, 2011

You can still buy things you can't use (I've done it with several ships and mods so that I had them as soon as the skills were trained) though you do have a point about obsolescence.

TBH, I'm not really too worried about it

WWLFD?
Message 23 of 27 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6232 posts

Sep 7, 2011

Its simple i think

Microtransactions will be ther for players who dont have the time/cant be arsed to put the time in but to also add a bit of funding to CCP

Sure real money can be converted into ISK but you cant just hop in the best tank unless you have the skills

Now if the skills stay the same as in EVE then ther will be no problem but if the skills end up like leveling like in MAG then it will suck balls

But no good if you suck at the game and you lose your shiny new tank because your an idiot

Photobucket
Message 24 of 27 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2570 posts

Sep 7, 2011

Ok I think I see what you're trying to say and if done like that then it sure looks promising. I do hope a lot of people jump on this game. Having 16v16 as max would really put me off the game for the most part cause when I think of EVE, small skirmish is not what comes to mind.

If gamers jump on this game and support it to 1/4 MW type numbers on the PS3 then I'm thinking 64v64 (atleast) isn't far off... but I'm so hoping for even bigger battles.

Gosh, if there was a beta I'd love to be on, it's most definatly this one. To be part of something this revolutionary would feel great.

Message 25 of 27 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Sep 7, 2011

We all want in on the Beta and it would be great if they somehow were able to cherry pick those that have displayed interest. I am afraid that the beta will just pop up on the PSN store one day in a first come first served fashion. Not good for me if I am as busy as I think I will be around the time they say they want to do the beta.

"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us."
-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Message 26 of 27 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Sep 8, 2011

I just want .99 cents color palettes to differentiate my guys from all the black that's going to be around. If they added that to the MT I'd always buy some.

I am a duster.
www.dust514.org

Worlds will burn. The CMC will start the fires.
http://cmchq.lefora.com/
Message 27 of 27 (57 Views)
0 Likes