Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 01 2013
By: Chedwidden Hekseville Citizen 275 posts

...Lasers from the Sky, at Last! Factional Warfare backed by EVE

[ Edited ]
7 replies 183 views Edited Nov 14, 2013

...And if you hear it, look up.  Look UP!...

Factional Warfare and its elaborate mechanics sneaked up on many of us between Uprising 1.4 and 1.5---we haven't fully realized that the merge between EVE and Dust players that many Dust gamers disbelieved could be acheived... IS ALREADY PART OF NEW EDEN. 

The Orbital Strike merc players call down "from the warbarge" in Public Contract games, is a lethal tool, formed from Caldari-based weaponry of magnetic pulses that 'hammer' the surface targets like feet of Odin.  But the often-chosen EVE orbital destroyers use LASER-based weaponry to 'incinerate' a target on the skin of a planet.  AND EVE PLAYERS HAVE JOINED US IN the Factional Warfare matches.  

So far ONLY IN THE FACTIONAL WARFARE MATCHES, is this EVE capsuleer/Dust merc merge established.  You MUST play in the Factional Warfare section of the game (and must accept the Loyalty Poihts payout instead of ISK payout that may be approaching in the future), but when you call down an Orbital Strike, the experience is this:

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=118666&find=unread 

Factiona Warfare has opened up a door...

On the other side of it you are now your EVE players, just as eager to fire a round as you are. 

If you have squads, mount them together and follow the instructions in the thread to Q-synch and join "the future of New Eden".  Type in the Chat Channel "Caldari hierachy", and join to access the matches they are running.

images26.jpg

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 1 of 8 (183 Views)
PistoI Proficianado
1140 posts

Re: ...Lasers from the Sky, at Last! Factional Warfare backed by EVE

Nov 2, 2013

Eh, Caldari scum. :robottongue:

Message 2 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6415 posts

Nov 4, 2013
Pics or it didn't happen.
Message 3 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6415 posts

Nov 4, 2013
Also I heard about something where u can see eve ships in the sky. I did FW and didn't see one!

CCP lies?

PICS OR IT DIDN't HAPPEN!
Message 4 of 8 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

CDIA252709-fle30030 MILLASLATER.jpgLOL, Supertman!!  WHERE did you hear the story about "seeing" the capsuleers in the sky? 

When you did FW, did you rememer to go to the "Caldari Hierachy" chat channel and q-synch into their match, or did you just click on the customary FW menu as usual.  If you used the customary FW menu in the game, then you only got the customary FW battle without any EVE players linked to it, (I think). 

With all the chatter that EVE Online players do when they are playing the game, and the fact that this "synching" of Dust and EVE was done before at one of the exhibitions, I'm sure the synched FW matches are happening. 

It also jives with CCP announcing they had to shut down Tranquility server on October 30th, to "acquire bulk data for EVE players"...(possibly the two are connected).

This coming Wednesday starts a Triple SP event, so I won't be trying the FW matches for a week or two...  But I will find the "caldari hierachy" chat channel and try it for myself just out of curiosity.  My secondary merc character needs some exersice!!

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 5 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Makuta1213 wrote:

Eh, Caldari Calmare scum. :robottongue:

Silly Squids :smileytongue:      I like to call them Calmare.

I brought a few of the GTA5 BHD guys over to dust Makuta!   CasualDemise and Corbin so keep an eye out for them!

Message 6 of 8 (138 Views)
PistoI Proficianado
1140 posts

Nov 5, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Makuta1213 wrote:

Eh, Caldari Calmare scum. :robottongue:

Silly Squids :smileytongue:      I like to call them Calmare.

I brought a few of the GTA5 BHD guys over to dust Makuta!   CasualDemise and Corbin so keep an eye out for them!

Saw them earlier, but I had too go so I didn't have a chance to squad with them.

Message 7 of 8 (132 Views)
Survivor
2066 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Saw an Orbital from EVE once in Amarr FW.

As for being able to see ships Supert, you cant physically see them, but if you look up when the OB is hitting, you should see a square with the EVE Player's name under it.

I've only ever seen two EVE OBs, once in a PC match, and once in a FW match.

Message 8 of 8 (115 Views)