Jun 10 2013
By: Chedwidden Hekseville Citizen 275 posts

Mercenary Campaign vs Battle Academy Any differences?

3 replies 255 views Edited Jun 10, 2013

:smileyindifferent:Well, it seems like Dust is working it's magic on many of us...good magic and bad magic.

I've been hearing (reading in chats) how some players are advancing in skill and technique to the point where Battle Academy is feeling preschool and frustrating.  Nearly a month's gone by, and still not much mic communication or tactical coordination. 

I may be starting to feel the same.  But I have not tried Mercenary Campaign of any kind yet. 

Can someone clue me in?  Is Merdenary mode just like a regular skirmish in Call of Duty, etc, or is it a bigger rise on the learning curve? 

" "Progress."
... what is it?
Out here "Progress" is numbers. Millimeters, kilometers, headcounts, death tolls. This is progress. Colonies burned, ships destroyed, people killed, money earned. It all comes at a price.
...But if the price is right, I'll set the universe on fire"

~ Eve Online Inferno

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (255 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45188 posts

Re: Mercenary Campaign vs Battle Academy Any differences?

Jun 11, 2013

The merc battles from the merc battle tab are exactly the same as regular skirmish battles.  As of right now it seems to pay out the same skill points and isk at the end of a round.

Sometimes CCP has given out special rewards for using the Merc battle tab, that has been the only difference between the games you go into in the merc battle tab and the skirmish mode in the instant battles area.

When you say Battle Academy it makes me think of that low SP/WP room it puts you in until you have 10k wp/2 mil sp

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

:smileyindifferent: That's the room, Plymco.  Once you've popped through the 10K SP ceiling, some Domination and Ambush OM variations are open to you... but instead of being introduced to players who are more OBJECTIVE and COOP minded, you find yourself on maps teeming with players camping on the tallest roofs and in the edges of the map like hillbillies, hoping to get a free kill on an infantry or vehicle. 

....I think they are thinking of themselves as...snipers.   :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy:

So Plymco, I'm in need of clarification:  What mode is it that the Clans such as BHD etc wage their campaigns on?  I heard a rumor that those matches take a couple of repeat visits to fully complete.  Isn't that the Mercenary Campaign mode?

" "Progress."
... what is it?
Out here "Progress" is numbers. Millimeters, kilometers, headcounts, death tolls. This is progress. Colonies burned, ships destroyed, people killed, money earned. It all comes at a price.
...But if the price is right, I'll set the universe on fire"

~ Eve Online Inferno

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (246 Views)
PlayStation MVP
45188 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

Yeah its under the "corp" tab, the menu all the way on the right.

The ones I have done have taken place on the 5 capture point skirmish matches.   They are set up where your corp and the other corp both have to buy "Clone Packs" for 80million isk and take place over 2 days, or until all of one team's clones are used up (some matches i've heard hit a 3rd day just to kill less than 20 clones).    It takes place at the same time each day.

For example we were SUPPOSED to do one last night @ 10pm and tonight @ 10pm but due to the issues no one deployed into the battle from either side and it was cancelled.  When CCP refunded the isk we decided to re purchase a clone pack for tonight and tommorrow night but its a bit later at 1040 now, due to the timing of when you look to attack a district impacting the actual time of the battles (we set it up at 1040 when we realized we wouldn't get to go tonight if we didn't)

And yes, when you leave the acadamy you run into a bunch of KDR padding tryhards hiding, camping, or taking advantage of unforseen programming :smileywink:.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (239 Views)
0 Likes