Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 03 2013
By: PhoenixArcher128 PlayStation MVP 13630 posts

Need Opinions

[ Edited ]
6 replies 101 views Edited Jul 3, 2013

Hello,

I'm just looking for people's opinions of the new items added with the 1.2 patch. 

I need opinions on the:

Ferroscale Armor Plates

Reactive Armor Plates

Commando Dropsuits

Shield Energizers (however, due to them being really broken [2, 4 or 6 point shield reduction rather than a noteworthy drawback percent, no skill requirements...], info on them isn't going to be taken as seriously...I can see them being changed a lot within the next few weeks)

Thanks in advanced

Message 1 of 7 (101 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Re: Need Opinions

Jul 3, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Hello,

I'm just looking for people's opinions of the new items added with the 1.2 patch. Yeah, not going to the official Dust forums thanks to the trolls over there, so please don't suggest it.

I need opinions on the:

Ferroscale Armor Plates

Reactive Armor Plates

Commando Dropsuits

Shield Energizers (however, due to them being really broken [2, 4 or 6 point shield reduction rather than a noteworthy drawback percent, no skill requirements...], info on them isn't going to be taken as seriously...I can see them being changed a lot within the next few weeks)

Thanks in advanced

Ferroscale Armor plates and Reactive armor plates need more armor to them for each level IMO.  About a 20% buff to armor.  OR they could reduce the PG/CPU that they take up a little bit.  Right now it feels like for the ISK/CPU/PG I'm just not getting enough from them.  

The extra speed using the Ferroscale is awesome though.  I'm going to run one advanced and one ferroscale in my suits now (i may have to upgrade the skill for PG though).

I've heard from someone else who isn't a Gallente Logi with armor repair as a racial bonus that the Reactive plates armor rep was worth the tradoff to him, however he only used basic armor plating before and went to advanced Reactive plates.

Have yet to check out the commando dropsuits

As they stand right now I LOVE the shields because, well, I'm only skilled to basic but can use the proto ones :smileytongue:.  I'm not a shield guy so these things weren't special to me, if they took less CPU/PG than my recharger maybe I'd have more interest.

Message 2 of 7 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

Personally, I think the Reactive plates need to be a combination of the previous tier of Reps and standard plates.

Like, the Enhanced is a Basic Armor Plate + Basic Armor Repair, the Complex is an Enhanced Armor Plate + an Enhanced Armor Repair, and the Basic would have something like 25hp and 1hp/sec rep.

As for the Ferroscale...I'm not sure. They need an armor buff for sure, but maybe also a CPU/PG reduction. Not really sure; seem more intended for Shield or Speed tankers (Cal, Min or Scouts)

EDIT: Yeah, those Shield mods need requirements and their penalties need to be addressed. I think it needs to be a 10% (basic), 18% (Enhanced) and 35% (Complex) for the shield reduction (also, the penalty gets applied AFTER all other mods, so it reduces the effect of shield boosters too.)

Message 3 of 7 (95 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Jul 4, 2013
OK, so I've done a little testing with the Reactive plates...want to play around with them a little more, but as of right now they are, well, pretty underpowered.

I still need to try and see if you can get the same results (or better) from using standard plates and reps; forgot to check that last night. But thanks to the Reactive using more CPU...I think you can.
Message 4 of 7 (77 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I think the commando needs to be cheaper. I've only seen 4.
Message 5 of 7 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Jul 5, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
I think the commando needs to be cheaper. I've only seen 4.

I don't think cost is the issue there...

Having 2 High, 1 Low and an Equipment slot at Proto level kinda sucks...

Message 6 of 7 (69 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Jul 5, 2013

It needs 2 high, 2 low, 2 equip, main/sidearm and it would be the suit I use :smileytongue:

Message 7 of 7 (63 Views)