Oct 17 2013
By: FuriousPyro First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

New to running a corp. any advice?

4 replies 208 views Edited Oct 17, 2013
So, I was wanting to get into the corp. thing, but it's not as easy as I thought. Any tips on how to get started?
Message 1 of 5 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Re: New to running a corp. any advice?

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2013

:smileyfrustrated::smileyindifferent:  Man, what an incredibly good question.  And I know it must be incredibly difficult to create a strong corp, cuz I've read and listened to alot of corps that floundered and tried again and again.

Try to find an EVE Online player to get core advice from:

EVE Online players have had 10 years to become experienced at it, so speaking with a good EVE player can probably help with the FOUNDATION of your corp.  I also hear that the Dust/EVE University website has some wise help for starting up a corporation, that the game developers maintain and oversee.

Think about dreaming up a "specialty" for your Dust Corp:

I bet one thing EVE players CAN'T help you with is deciding the mercenary-specialty of your corp---I don't think they realize fully how they will need your corp's fighting skills to acheive their planetary goals.  I keep thinking, if I'm a big EVE tychoon and I'm ready to pay 9-digit  ISK to contract someone to clense and claim a planet for me, I want to feel confident that I'm hiring a corp that's got better [blank?] than the other corps, or specializes in {blenk?} that the others don't.   

It might be cool and useful to decide what [blank] and {blenk} will be for your corp, and be ready to advertise those strengths to EVE Online players when the time comes.

Decide about how  "strict-n-paramilitary",  OR  "easygoing-n-flexible"  you want to be with your corp members:

I've seen on this forum, some corps advertise themselves as no-obligations / 'just have fun' corps--they end up with 300 members--but when they need to fight a factional match, most of the members don't show up...so the corp loses matches and loses ISK.

I've seen on this forum, some corps with real butch Delta-Force / "must meet our tactical proficiency requirements"  drama in their recruitment ads--they end up with only 20 members---but they DESTROY the opposition in almost every factional match.  

:smileysad:It's a tough decision...

I have not been interested in making a corp myself, or joining one yet, so all this long advice I'm giving could be just rubbish for you.  But I do like to see players who think things out, and I wish you SUCCESS.  Dust IS different from EVE, and it deserves corps that display a different identity from EVE corps.   Our corps have a different job to fill than what EVE corps do.

If you get frustrated for the right kind of NAME for your new corp, I posted a thread on this forum called "Playing Dust not for EVE, but for Dust 514".  Someone gave me a list of cool "Dust-style" corp names, and I just passed them on in the post.

Good Luck.

Image_04.JPG

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 2 of 5 (193 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 17, 2013
Thanks, this is really helpful. I think I'll start by figuring out what kind of corp. I want to be.
Message 3 of 5 (188 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49846 posts

Oct 17, 2013

FuriousPyro wrote:
Thanks, this is really helpful. I think I'll start by figuring out what kind of corp. I want to be.

I have a LOT of experience (since 2006) running a gaming "corp"  (we call it a clan but its the same thing).  

What are your goals?  Why are you forming a corp?     If you can answer those for me I'll know where to focus my feedback for you.

Message 4 of 5 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 27, 2013

We are looking for players who enjoy playing dust 514 and would like to take part in some small tournaments for some extra isk. Next tournament will take place next week and we will be awarding the winner with 500k isk, next tournament will be even more isk so don't miss out on this great chance on FREE MONEY! The Red Northern Empire needs you today! Fight with us and we will reward you for doing so.

Message 5 of 5 (161 Views)
0 Likes