Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 30 2013
By: PLYMCO_PILGRIM PlayStation MVP 48434 posts

Skill Point Boost Event: Experience Uprising 1.4 with the Caldari Bootcamp

8 replies 299 views Edited Aug 30, 2013

Experience Uprising 1.4 with the Caldari Bootcamp

Uprising 1.4 is launching on September 3rd and we're celebrating with the Caldari Bootcamp! Everyone loves Skill Points and with the improvements we've brought to DUST 514 with Uprising 1.4, we wanted to offer you a chance to earn SP faster and further your domination of the battlefield.

The State War Academy is the premiere naval school in New Eden, training the highest quality officers and making sure their navy, the smallest in the cluster, is able to fight back against their much larger enemies. Now they've offered to examine all the battles mercenaries fight in over a weekend and provide a detailed analysis of their performance. This will help mercs hone their skills and improve their killing power!

As always, we've listened to your incredible feedback on previous Double and Triple Skill Point events and have adjusted this one to cater to some of your requests. Mainly, we've shortened the time scale, running over the weekend from downtime on September 6 until downtime on September 9. This should help reduce the fatigue and feeling like you need to play seven days straight to maximize the benefits.

Due to our adjustments, the bonus SP for the event will be delivered after the event rather than live, as with other events.

Event Details

• Play in any battle during the weekend and earn additional. Equip a Skill Booster to earn even more!

• All Public Contracts, Factional Contracts, and Corporate Contract matches will count for this event.

• With a Skill Booster, you will earn bonus SP equal to 1.5 times your earned Skill Points. Without one, you will earn bonus SP equal to your earned Skill Points.

• You will earn bonus Skill Points on the first 3000 SP you earn each match up until you hit your weekly cap. After the cap, you will earn bonus Skill Points on the first 1000 SP per match.

• Examples:

• You earn 3000 SP from a match and have a Skill Booster before you reach your weekly cap. You will earn an extra 4500 SP.

• You earn 1000 SP from a match before the weekly cap. With a Skill Booster, you earn an extra 1500 SP; without you earn an extra 1000 SP

• You earn 5000 SP from a match before the weekly cap. With a Skill Booster, you earn 4500 SP; without you earn 3000 SP.

• You earn 3000 SP from a match after the weekly cap. With a Skill Booster, you earn 1500 extra SP; without you earn 1000 extra SP.

As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts on this event! Now get out there, set your sights on some accelerated training, and earn those bonus Skill Points!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (299 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Re: Skill Point Boost Event: Experience Uprising 1.4 with the Caldari Bootcamp

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

:smileysad: Nice timing, but sadly I won't be earning much extra SP in this event. 

I am starting the very last part of my self-imposed DS training, and if I break away from practice now, the Dropships are so [CENSORED 21+] hard to fly that you lose your feel for the controller buttons almost completely. 

So, extra bonus SP event...versus... getting good on a dropship. 

(I'm already skilled up well on my vehicle, so it's not to hard to decide).

288px-Gallente-flag.jpg

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (289 Views)
0 Likes
CCP Community Manager
16 posts

Sep 3, 2013
Just take note that because of player feedback, we've extended the dates to the 4th to the 9th so you won't miss out by hitting the cap early.

Also, you can always shoot stuff while in your dropship!
---

DUST 514 Community Representative
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (271 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Sep 3, 2013

CCP_Eterne wrote:
Just take note that because of player feedback, we've extended the dates to the 4th to the 9th so you won't miss out by hitting the cap early.

Also, you can always shoot stuff while in your dropship!

Great call on extending the time.  You guys know that no matter what call some are going to be like "OH YES CCP IS AWESOME" and others will say "OH CCP IS SO DUMB"  

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Wait let me get this straight... I may be wrong just to clarify.

I need to make 3000WP in 1 match, If so then I get Extra SP.

If Not, Then I don’t get any???

Did I understand that right??

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

:smileywink: Um, no not quite that.

I don't use active boosters, so let me explain as a bare bones merc:

At the end of a match (type of match doesn't matter) I may have earned 90 SP (not bonus, boost, nothing, just flat SP).  After the 9th, that SP I earned in this match will be noted, and doubled.  (=180 SP grand total).

If I'm a seasoned player, at the end of a match I may have earned 3000 SP (flat, no bonus/boost etc).  Okay then, after the 9th that SP of 3000 will be noted and doubled (= 6000 SP grand total).

Cool.  But 3000 is the HIGHEST "doubling"  they will award you.  If you're good enough that you earn 5400 SP on your own in a match, it HAS been noted and after the 9th will be awarded,... but they can't double it for you.  They'll only give you the same 3000 award (your 5400 + 3000 = 8400 grand total). 

Just remember, even though every match you get SP in is being RECORDED and NOTED, your SP awards won't APPEAR until after the 9th.  (So I wouldn't want to spend SP on any skills between now and the 9th.  I'd hate to deficit myself and maybe complicate their math to my disadvantage). 

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (247 Views)
Wastelander
849 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Understood !

Thank for the explanation .

I am well cleared on it now. !

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Sep 10, 2013

:smileylol: So what's the score? 

Please post if anyone has seen their earnings from the skill booster event appear on their screens yet. 

...I may be hasty and imagining things, but I, um, don't think I've seen any of my earned SP yet (I know the event only ended yesterday, so I may be asking for too much...):smileysad: 

It's just that I still have Armour Adapt and Rep, and Shield Upgrades to skill up on----need to stay on my schedule.

Image_04.JPG

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (224 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Sep 10, 2013

It will probably pop up today, after the downtime a few hours ago.   I'll post when I see it! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (221 Views)
0 Likes