Fender Bender
4599 posts

Re: Someone come talk to me about DUST... :(

Aug 24, 2011

Chubear wrote:

Anyone know what's been confirmed as the highest player count at this point in development? 8v8, 16v16, 32v32, 64v64?

Initial confirmed figures is 20vs20, for the beta, and say they will work their way from their, gauge how it works in Beta. You can rest assured they will defenitely do bigger scale then that, but only confirmed 20vs20 so far.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.� - Shaka Zulu
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Aug 26, 2011

Shaka_Zulu wrote:

Chubear wrote:

Anyone know what's been confirmed as the highest player count at this point in development? 8v8, 16v16, 32v32, 64v64?

Initial confirmed figures is 20vs20, for the beta, and say they will work their way from their, gauge how it works in Beta. You can rest assured they will defenitely do bigger scale then that, but only confirmed 20vs20 so far.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.� - Shaka Zulu

At gamescom there was a 7 v 7 scirmish in a 32 player mode. But since the war rooms can fit up to 32 people each The REGIS thinks that some bigger game modes will be 32 v 32. Also note CCP said they would up the player count depending on how many players play the game. The REGIS is sure that they would like to do much bigger battles but 64 v 64 is good enough.

I am the Replicant Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabotage Mark V.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Aug 26, 2011

64 v 64 would be perfect numbers in my opinion. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (25 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45160 posts

Aug 26, 2011

64 v 64 or more sounds great to me.   I like lots of people, it creates mayhem

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Aug 26, 2011

yep, it changes it from a first person shooter to a semi tactical first person shooter. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2570 posts

Aug 26, 2011

Gosh, I hope this game delivers. MAG has really spoiled me. Big battles are the only way to go for me now with FPS online games and big battle are far more interesting when they are objectives based. Going by ccp's pedigree, I'm very hopeful about the gameplay for this new IP.

Is there any way a gamer can up there chance of getting in on the private beta?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Aug 27, 2011

Read that PS Plus members and EVE players will be given preferential treatment. So if you want to have the best chance of getting in the get both. Or like me have a brother that plays EVE but has no desire to play the Dust side .

"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us."
-Lost

Ex-HAVOK (,,)
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (25 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45160 posts

Aug 30, 2011

Chubear wrote:

Gosh, I hope this game delivers. MAG has really spoiled me. Big battles are the only way to go for me now with FPS online games and big battle are far more interesting when they are objectives based. Going by ccp's pedigree, I'm very hopeful about the gameplay for this new IP.

Is there any way a gamer can up there chance of getting in on the private beta?

I hope so too.

I need a new shooter and every shooter, once the newness wears off, is not as good as mag (even with mag's bugs)

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4943 posts

Aug 30, 2011

Wow haven't been on this side of the world in ages LOL will have to get use to being over here again. My concerens for Dust in the Comms, command structure, player movement, and last but not least the guns. The concept I'm cool with. What I just mentioned is what have me worried. Say what you want about MAG but Zipper nailed it with the Comms, and Command Structure.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2554 posts

Aug 30, 2011

RSPetree a écrit:

I believe it will be 32 v 32

Running a marathon for ALS click the link to learn more http://als.stepsfordoug.com/ Photobucket

IGN says 16 vs 16 up to 32 I hope they are wrong !! Ive tried to get a confirmation  from CCP on twitter but no answer come anywhere ive found a new interview from pax ivve made a tread about it

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (25 Views)
0 Likes