Aug 15 2013
By: Chedwidden Hekseville Citizen 275 posts

The MOther of all rumor packs.

6 replies 193 views Edited Aug 15, 2013

HeartIn forums we all tend to love RUMORS to post about and digest in our collective minds.  For forum conversations, rumors are more valuable than facts.  Kind of like feeding your dogs a bowl of food they eat in 20 minutes, versus giving them a butcher-shop bone they naw on for hours. 

In June 2013, merc Dao Ferret put together the biggest  meat bone for Dust 514 you could want.  So much rumor (but from actual CCP design efforts) that it would put you in the hospital trying to digest all this stuff in one reading. 

I deleted the part of his list that refers to Uprising 1.3 (why review the past?).      Thanks, Dao.

by Dao Ferret:

There is a fair amount of content that we know to expect, some of which we even have a reasonable idea of when we'll get. My hope is to put this all together into one place.... 

...Also: Thanks go out to all the posters below who supplied links, likes, a valid complaint/criticism, or even a kind word/rant. Without all of you, this wouldn't possible.

Uprising 1.4 - unofficial drop date: late Aug/early Sept 2013

Confirmed (we've seen confirmation from CCP that these are in the update):
Expected to include (we haven't seen confirmation, but hints mean these might be ready soon):
Possible to include (but probably not ... until it shows up above, anything below here is speculation):

DROPSUITS:

Rendering from FanFest of all racial DropSuits

• Caldari Heavy DropSuit and Heavy Racial Specializations - VVSN™
  • Gallente Heavy DropSuit and Heavy Racial Specializations - VVSN™
  • Minmitar Heavy DropSuit and Heavy Racial Specializations - VVSN™
  • Amarr Light DropSuit and Scout Specialization - VVSN™
  • Caldari Light DropSuit and Scout Specialization - VVSN™

VVSN™ = "Very Very Soon, NOT ™" from FanFest 2013 presentation ~1:01:00 mark (May, 10th 2013)
(proposal by CPM to use placeholder art till proper assets could be produced ... denied by CCP to the best of my knowledge)

Quote:
Only the Amarr Commando model will be live with Uprising 1.2, but the Minmatar, Gallente, and Caldari heavy Commando frames will be joining it in updates to come.

CCP have said in the past that Art Assets have been the holdup for the rest of the racial suits. This could be a sign we'll be seeing: Cal/Gal/Min Heavy & Sentinel & Commando being introduced in an upcoming update (possibly one race per update or two?) since once they have the Heavy model, we assume the Commando is just a reskin of it, which should take much less time to produce/QA.
Again... we aren't guaranteeing or saying this will happen, but it certainly is within the realm of the possible.

• Any Racial pilot suits - Soon™

VEHICLES:

Rendering

from FanFest of racial LAV, HAV and DropShips

• Amarr racial DropShips - Soon™
    • Minmitar racial DropShips - Soon™

• Amarr racial HAVs - Soon™
    • Minmitar racial HAVs - Soon™

• Amarr racial LAVs - Soon™
    • Minmitar racial LAVs - Soon™

• "Destroyer" vehicles (Presumed to be HAVs w/Anti-Air role) - Soon™

• "Bomber" (DropShip w/ ability to drop bombs presumably) - Soon™

• MAV - All Racial Varieties - (think armored ground troop transport, shown in FanFest 2013 video, Caldari and Gallente variety) - Soon™

• Speeders, All Racial Varieties - (mentioned at FanFest, single person transport, shown in Caldari and Gallente variety) - Soon™

• Figters, All Racial Varieties (shown in FanFest 2013 video, Caldari and Gallente variety) - Soon™

• MTACs, All Racial Varieties - after Soon™ (CCP mentions we won't see anything about them before next FanFest keynote, with the connotation that we might see a teaser for them then)

• Amarr MCC - after Soon™
  • Minmitar MCC - after Soon™

WEAPONS:

Rendering

from FanFest of racial Knives, Pistols, Rifles

• Caldari Rail Rifle - Soon™
    • Minmitar Combat Rifle - Soon™

• Amarr Knife - Soon™
    • Gallente Knife - Soon™
    • Minmitar Knife - Soon™

• Caldar Rail Pistol - Soon™
    • Gallente Ion Pistol - Soon™

• Magsec SMG - Soon™ (Caldari SMG?) (spotted in FanFest 2013 video 01:04:08)
    • Precision Rifle - Soon™ (Minmitar sniper?) (ibid)

(both of the following from the

Weapon Ranges DevBlog

... yes, we don't even know if they have names yet)

• Hybrid-Plasma "Heavy Weapon - TBA" - after Soon™
    • Laser "Heavy Weapon - TBA" - after Soon™

• MassDriver fix - Soon™ (I know projectile weapons got some love in 1.2, not sure if that was the Mass Driver fix, or we're expecting something else)

• Kitten Launcher - CCP Falcon let it slip in IRC that:
CCP Falcon wrote:
The work on the kitten launcher is however progressing as planned. Sadly, we had to lower the muzzle velocity.
      This reporter was unable to discover anything more about this weapon except some

MODULES:

• The below modules are mentioned in a Dev blog as:
Quote:
So that’s what you can expect in the next update, but what about beyond that? There are two equipment items on the top of our list that we want to get in to the game as soon as we can.

Stealth Modules - Very Soon
Deployable Shield Barrier - Very Soon

ENVIRONMENT:

• Fire back at EVE players from DUST514 ground-side - after Soon™
    • More Maps - Soon™
    • PvE ("Drones") - Soon™ (FanFest 2013 video timestamp ~01:07:45)
    • Survival Mode - hunker down and fend off waves and waves of drones

Infestation Mode - explore the map and hunt down/destroy the hives to eliminate the infestation

MECHANICS:

• Player Market (sell the items you have and don't want, buy the items other have and want to sell) - Soon™ - Mentioned as being "in the works" along with Corp Hangers, EVE-Dust ISK transfer, and more in Team True Grit Uprising 1.2 Dev Blog.
  • Looting Vehicles (hey, CCP likes it) - Soon™
  • Improve "Corp/Alliance level" queueing (being able to queue multiple squads for battle together). - Soon™
  • Improve Corp level roles and administration. - Soon™
  • Improved matchmaking. - Soon™
  • Increase merc count for battles - Soon™
  • New Game Modes (e.g. Skirmish 1.0) - Soon™
  • Improve hitbox detection. - Soon-ish? under development: "Uprising 1.3 or later"

mercenary Milla Slater; adopted into Sebiestor nomadic tribe...Minmatar

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 1 of 7 (193 Views)
PlayStation MVP
53241 posts

Re: The MOther of all rumor packs.

Aug 15, 2013

That is a LOT of info chewidden!   I'll have to come back on here tonight and go through everything.

Message 2 of 7 (184 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
633 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

Awesome! I'm most interested in the kitten launcher. Asimov *in a low growl* "You will all bow down to my unstoppable kitten hordes!" meow =<^.^>= MUHAHAHA! Lol! (^_*)

Message 3 of 7 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Speaking of Kittens and rumors, I don't want to seem over anxious, but has anyone found a firm release date for Uprising 1.4?

I've been reading some OHTER rumors from OTHER forums that indicate some changes I'm NOT thrilled with:

Possible deletion of the infamous "burning armour" effect that HAV and Dropship drivers encounter.  This is a wierd effect that causes your vehicle to catch fire---AND leech your armour down to zero if you don't do something quick to put the fire out.  Smiley Surprised 

It's a cool effect (I like it), but some players hate losing a vehicle to "a cockpit fire". 

Unpredicatble, slightly-frustrating, and original components like this in Dust make it a much more fun game to play, as far as I'm concerned.  So I hope we don't scare CCP into sweeping them all away with our constant griping. 

Smiley Embarassed

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

Message 4 of 7 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
53241 posts

Aug 19, 2013

I WANT IT NAO!!!!  

The armor update in the next patch is going to make my Gallente logi time even better!

Message 5 of 7 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Aug 20, 2013

Smiley Embarassed From the way the rumor list reads, I'm expecting the armour plating changes to relate only to dropsuits and not dropSHIPS or other vehicles.  As an Artificer character, my vehicle IS the "suit"  that I fitted to protect me from enemy fire.

Over the months I sank all I had into priming the vehicle, with only a scant amount of SP used to upgrade some personal weapon skills, and NOTHING for a dropsuit of any kind.   

I THINK I made the right use of my SP,... but sometimes I still try to second guess.  Smiley LOL

288px-Gallente-flag.jpg

Message 6 of 7 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
53241 posts

Aug 20, 2013

Don't feel bad 100% of my SPs are in my Logi suit Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 7 (142 Views)
0 Likes